Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BoostBumps RaceRed Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #61
How does second gear hook if you floor it from 2500 rpms?
I got home late last night (Cobb SoCal is ~2 hrs from my home) and haven't had time to play... but Jon did add some additional boost that was missing in the first two gears with both the stock and OTS tunes...all's I can say so far is that I enjoyed the drive home...

thanks...I was pretty surprised and happy with those numbers as well coming from a mustang dyno (which are usually fairly conservative) with a stock turbo still installed o=running good ol' SoCal 91 oct gas....

A larger turbo followed up by another ProTune is my next upgrade btw!
Yeah I was surprised with my numbers on the mustang dyno. Pro tunes really help. I at least have an idea what I may put out with in intercooler and down pipe.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #63
Yeah I was surprised with my numbers on the mustang dyno. Pro tunes really help.
yeah...I have to agree that the Protune really did help smooth things out...took him a few good hours but he also generated a few different maps for me in the process which I can now switch on the fly..

They're the stock summer tires which I'm not having any problems with here in SoCal....
Hey I've actually been thinking of doing the same! Wasn't sure if the stock tires fit on these Sparco's. So did you just order the wheels with the TPMS & TPMS programming device, then have your tires swapped to the new wheels? How much did it cost to get the tires swapped to new wheels? And where did you go to have them swapped? I'm checking out those Sparco Assetta Gara on Tirerack, and my total is coming out to about $830 without the tires. Curious as to how much more I'll have to pay to get the stock tires on them. Thanks!

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #66
Hey I've actually been thinking of doing the same! Wasn't sure if the stock tires fit on these Sparco's. So did you just order the wheels with the TPMS & TPMS programming device, then have your tires swapped to the new wheels? How much did it cost to get the tires swapped to new wheels? And where did you go to have them swapped? I'm checking out those Sparco Assetta Gara on Tirerack, and my total is coming out to about $830 without the wheels. Curious as to how much more I'll have to pay to get the stock tires on them. Thanks!

I first priced the Sparco's from TireRack and then brought it to Americas Tire for a price match....they actually beat the price...Didn't need to purchase additional TPMS as they simply transfered them over from my stock wheels over to the Sparco and then mounted the stock tires on them...OTD cost for everything including CA tax was $722..

What I like about working with Americas Tire is you also get free lifetime balancing and rotations and limited warranty....

I first priced the Sparco's from TireRack and then brought it to Americas Tire for a price match....they actually beat the price...Didn't need to purchase additional TPMS as they simply transfered them over from my stock wheels over to the Sparco and then mounted the stock tires on them...OTD cost for everything including tax was $722
I didn't know the TPMS could be transferred over! What kind of shop did you take it to? Will any regular mechanic be able to do this? Or should I look for a place that sells tires, like maybe a goodyear store. Thanks!

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #68
I didn't know the TPMS could be transferred over! What kind of shop did you take it to? Will any regular mechanic be able to do this? Or should I look for a place that sells tires, like maybe a goodyear store. Thanks!
I had it done Americas Tire...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #70
Sweet. Down here in Florida it's apparently called "Discount Tire" instead of America's Tire. I'll swing by today. Thanks!

btw...helpful hint....even if Americas Tire or Discount Tire doesn't list or show specific wheels they offer on their website they will get them for you and price match...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #71
More Dyno Protune Comparisons.....

Final Slot #1 Protune ("High" Boost 23~24psi)
Protune 11212014.jpg

Slot#1 (Protune) vs Slot#4 (stg3 91 OTS)

Cobb Protune vs stg3 OTS 11212014.jpg

Slot#1 ("High") vs. Slot#2 ("Lower") vs Slot#3 (Eco)
** Slot #4 stg3 OTS (see above as its not shown on this plot)

Cobb Protune Slots 1 2 3.jpg

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Visited Cobb SoCal yesterday and had the FiST ProTuned by Jon Hebbeln...

Cobb also performed a comprehensive "pre" dyno tune boost leak check...

Very pleased with the final results and this is probably as good as it gets with the FiST's stock turbo and using good ol' CA 91 oct!

219whp / 300wtq (91 Octane)

Current Mods:

- Cobb ProTune (slot1-23psi / slot2-19psi / slot3-ECO / slot4-stg3 OTS / slot5-Valet)
- Cobb Turboback
- Cobb FMIC
- Cobb IC Hardpipes
- Cobb CAI

View attachment 2732
Holy Crap. I called COBB Socal yesterday and they told me they had a FIST on the dyno and it was making right at 220. LOL i bet it was you. Im going in for a Protune as well but I have 93 and a catless DP.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] those are great numbers. Does Cobb charge a fix price for Protuning or is it by the hour?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #76
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] those are great numbers. Does Cobb charge a fix price for Protuning or is it by the hour?
fixed pricing....Jon really took the time to get it right....

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Powercurves look good and congrats on getting a protune to really make sure the car is running perfect.

Just as an FYI, The cobb Mustang dyno reads a little higher than a standard Dynojet. Confirmed from the old Evo tuner there and on various forums. Doesn't really matter in this case but just wanted to let you know so people don't start comparing numbers to their dynojet or normal mustang dyno numbers and start scratching their heads. :)

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Wish we had a Cobb shop in NY or any where in the north east. I would drive 4 hours to get stage 3 on.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #80
Wow awesome results man! I bet this thing is fun as hell!
Hey thx...It drives and accelerates very nicely...looking forward to getting the turbo upgraded next!

Status
Not open for further replies.