Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BoostBumps RaceRed Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FocusMike

This has me tempted to have Cobb do a protune on my car since they are only 20 minutes from my house. How long did it take for them to tune it?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #82
This has me tempted to have Cobb do a protune on my car since they are only 20 minutes from my house. How long did it take for them to tune it?

It took a few hours which also included a fairly thorough boost leak check prior to tuning....

Also Mustang was recently out at Cobb a few weeks ago to do some updates, repairs, and recalibrations on their dyno so I'm fairly confident with the results although we all know that absolute numbers captured will vary from dyno to dyno but they still are great for tuning....

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
20 mins jeeez what are you waiting for? Lol. Which I had a cobb near me, would've had stage 3 already especially with their low installation pricing.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #85
Did you end up leaving the car with them or waited?
I hung around...I got some lunch and shot the shit with a few other guys having their vehicles worked on...And I should mention that the team at Cobb were great to work with ...I actually had a great time while I was there and also bumped to another FiST forum member! LOL

Who was that another forum member[biggrin]

How do you like all the extra power? Is it a substantial difference from the OTS stage 3 map?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #87
Who was that another forum member[biggrin]

How do you like all the extra power? Is it a substantial difference from the OTS stage 3 map?
Haha ...it was great meeting up with you over at Cobb the other day...small world to find out that you too were on this forum!

I really wasn't expecting too much of an improvement or difference over the stg3 OTS( I hate setting myself up for disappointment) but both acceleration and response were noticeably improved over the OTS and feels far more linear and smoother...yes, it feels really good!!

Also on the 2 hr / ~120mile ride back home I averaged ~34mpg...Which was quite surprising since Jon also slightly richened up the fuel trims...

That's great. This is what's so awesome about Fiesta ST. Great power when you need it, great mpg when you don't. It's like the best of both worlds...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #89
Cobb Sport Springs Intalled (12/13/2014)

Back at Cobb SoCal today to have Cobb Sport Springs Installed...

Cobb 12132014 Sport Springs.jpg

Cobb Sport Springs - Manufactured by Eibach to Cobb Tuning's Specs...

Cobb Sport Springs.jpg

Before...

Cobb 12132014 Before.jpg

After...

Cobb 12132014 After 2.jpg

Cobb Sport Springs.jpg

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #91
Looks fantastic! Nice work! Turbo next? [deviltail][deviltail]
Hey thanks! I'm really pleased with progress made so far...

I think I'm probably going to wait a few months and just enjoy what I have before moving on to the turbo upgrade....In the mean time I do have some small detailing projects I'd like to do over the next few weeks and possibly have an e20~e30 ProTune done over at Cobb...

Exactly how I would have done my build (minus the wheel selection). Congrats and best of luck moving forward.

RMG

Did you have them installed by Cobb as well? If you don't mind me asking; how much was installation? Car looks great btw!

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #96
Did you have them installed by Cobb as well? If you don't mind me asking; how much was installation? Car looks great btw!
Hey thanks! I'm very pleased with the progress made so far...

Yes...I had Cobb SoCal install most of my mods except for their CAI which I did myself...

Installation costs are very reasonable and they also back parts and installation for a full year...

Also if you do purchase your AP and performance parts through Cobb SoCal and have them install them they also offer a dyno ProTune at roughly half the original cost (within 90 days of parts installation) which I found to be very competitive with current e-tune costs...a "pre-tune" leak-check is also included...

I just sent you a PM with email and contact info for Cobb SoCal and they can send you a quote...or just given them a call...the guys there are great to work with!

good luck!

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #97
Gel Overlays for Badges and Wheel Caps

Just some detailing fun....Installed gel overlays today....

Found a place where you can customize your gel overlays to any size, shape, color, and logo / image you'd like to have made...It's only took about a week to receive from the UK after placing order...

http://www.domedbadge.co.uk/

Hood / Hatch: 100mm x 38mm
Steering Wheel: 58mm x 22mm
Design: "FordNewOval"

Domed Gel Badges for FiST.jpg

Hood:
Gel overlay hood.jpg

Hatch:
Gel overlay hatch.jpg

Steering Wheel:
Gel overlay steering wheel.jpg

Wheel Caps:
Gel overlay wheel caps.jpg

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Just some detailing fun....Installed gel overlays today....

Found a place where you can customize your gel overlays to any size, shape, color, and logo / image you'd like to have made...It's only took about a week to receive from the UK after placing order...

http://www.domedbadge.co.uk/

Hood / Hatch: 100mm x 38mm
Steering Wheel: 58mm x 22mm
Design: "FordNewOval"

View attachment 3032

Hood:
View attachment 3034

Hatch:
View attachment 3033

Steering Wheel:
View attachment 3035

Wheel Caps: