Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BoostBumps RaceRed Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #101
The gel badges look great man! Thanks for sharing!
Hey thx Tom! I saw how nice your FiST looked with your new badges which got me inspired to find someone that offered gel covers since DMB no longer offers them with the Ford logo.......

Hey thx Tom! I saw how nice your FiST looked with your new badges which got me inspired to find someone that offered gel covers since DMB no longer offers them with the Ford logo.......
haha good stuff! I'm glad theres another option besides DMB. I just placed an order to replace the somewhat shotty vinyl overlays on my car [cool]

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #103
Symposer Delete with Blanking Plug

As I mentioned a few months ago (earlier in another thread below) I had initially deleted my Sound Symposer using an expansion plug for two reasons...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/146-Fiesta-ST-Sound-Symposer?p=45189&viewfull=1#post45189

1) Was not happy with the artificial exhaust noise it created which is accomplished by channeling intake air from the charge pipe to an internal diaphragm where the air hitting against this diaphragm is used to create this faux exhaust sound...

2) But more importantly (IMO)....Considering that I've now raised max boost levels higher (with my current tune), along with some future projects planned, I simply wasn't comfortable having that much boost pressure channeled directly to a sound symposer box diaphragm which could get damaged over time and cause some problematic leaks to occur since the symposer source is taken directly off the charge pipe...

Symposer box exposed (thanks to member "Sekred" for posting image in an earlier thread)...

Sound Symposer internals.jpg
[HR][/HR]
Knowing that the expansion plug might not be a lasting long term permanent solution I was able to recently source a 32mm blanking plug / 32mm (1.25" ID) short 3" silicone hose / and 2 worm clamps:

List of materials needed along with sources:

(2) Worm clamps ($0.99 ea)

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/liquid-air-adapter/worm-gear-clamps-p-1038.html

(1) 1.25" ID / 3" long silicone hose ($4.99ea)

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/silicone-hose/silicone-turbo-hoses-p-479.html

(1) 32mm Blanking Plug ($6.45 ea)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TBS-TS-0205-2015

[HR][/HR]
Now I already received the hose and clamps and should have the Turbosmart blanking plug in early next week to complete the install...

Here is a diagram showing what will be removed and replaced by the short hose with blanking plug...Note that just a 32mm blanking plug could also be inserted and clamped into the existing stock hose (see location # 4 noted on image below) which would be an even less expensive approach to take however I would still replace the stock hose clamps with worm clamps I listed above....

Sound Symposer Delete replaced with Blanking Plug.jpg

Blanking Plug Symposer Delete - hose with clamps 2.jpg

Blanking Plug Symposer Delete - hose with clamps.jpg

Turbosmart plug.jpg

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Fantastic looking FiST if I haven't said it before!! I'm partial to Race Red, lol

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #106
As I mentioned a few months ago (earlier in another thread below) I had initially deleted my Sound Symposer using an expansion plug for two reasons...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/146-Fiesta-ST-Sound-Symposer?p=45189&viewfull=1#post45189

1) Was not happy with the artificial exhaust noise it created which is accomplished by channeling intake air from the charge pipe to an internal diaphragm where the air hitting against this diaphragm is used to create this faux exhaust sound...

2) But more importantly (IMO)....Considering that I've now raised max boost levels higher (with my current tune), along with some future projects planned, I simply wasn't comfortable having that much boost pressure channeled directly to a sound symposer box diaphragm which could get damaged over time and cause some problematic leaks to occur since the symposer source is taken directly off the charge pipe...

Symposer box exposed (thanks to member "Sekred" for posting image in an earlier thread)...

View attachment 3037
[HR][/HR]
Knowing that the expansion plug might not be a lasting long term permanent solution I was able to recently source a 32mm blanking plug / 32mm (1.25" ID) short 3" silicone hose / and 2 worm clamps:

List of materials needed along with sources:

(2) Worm clamps ($0.99 ea)

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/liquid-air-adapter/worm-gear-clamps-p-1038.html

(1) 1.25" ID / 3" long silicone hose ($4.99ea)

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/silicone-hose/silicone-turbo-hoses-p-479.html

(1) 32mm Blanking Plug ($6.45 ea)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TBS-TS-0205-2015

[HR][/HR]
Now I already received the hose and clamps and should have the Turbosmart blanking plug in early next week to complete the install...

Here is a diagram showing what will be removed and replaced by the short hose with blanking plug...Note that just a 32mm blanking plug could also be inserted and clamped into the existing stock hose (see location # 4 noted on image below) which would be an even less expensive approach to take however I would still replace the stock hose clamps with worm clamps I listed above....

View attachment 3038

View attachment 3039

View attachment 3040

View attachment 3041
Received TurboSmart 32mm Blanking Plug today and secured to hose...Ready for install...

TurboSmart Blanking Plug.jpg

Blanking Plug Clamped - Symposer Delete.jpg

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #107
Symposer Delete Blanking Plug...

Installed...Hose length trimmed to 2"....

Symposer Delete replaced with Blanking Plug Installed.jpg

Awesome job on the delete kit! Have you considered removing the plumbing that goes from the symposer to the cabin? Or will that just be left in place?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #109
Awesome job on the delete kit! Have you considered removing the plumbing that goes from the symposer to the cabin? Or will that just be left in place?
Hey thanks!

For now I left that plastic ribbed symposer hose leading to the cabin in place and just coiled it up and tie wrapped it to keep it from uncoiling...

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Hey thanks!

For now I left that plastic ribbed symposer hose leading to the cabin in place and just coiled it up and tie wrapped it to keep it from uncoiling...
It's going to be difficult to remove the hose completely that runs to the cabin as it goes through the firewall with a wire bundle. As we speak, I have been tracing it through the cabin. I plan on cutting it close to the firewall on both sides and using it as a pass through for my ethanol content analyzer wiring. It could also be used for a pass through for an amp power wire.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #111
It's going to be difficult to remove the hose completely that runs to the cabin as it goes through the firewall with a wire bundle. As we speak, I have been tracing it through the cabin. I plan on cutting it close to the firewall on both sides and using it as a pass through for my ethanol content analyzer wiring. It could also be used for a pass through for an amp power wire.
I may borrow that idea from you and do the same with that hose...thx!

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Instead of using the cap that comes with my delete kit i can see about sending you a shrink wrap boot for the hose that i use ;)

Russ

JPGC

2000 Post Club
On mine, I've already cut that hose to the firewall and used the pass through to run my wiring for my ethanol content analyzer. Worked great actually, lol. All I need now is the plug, hose and clamps :)

DHM1

1000 Post Club
On mine, I've already cut that hose to the firewall and used the pass through to run my wiring for my ethanol content analyzer. Worked great actually, lol. All I need now is the plug, hose and clamps :)
Yea i couldnt wait until i had pictures done so i could use that as a pass through. Such a good spot.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Here is a Pic of the Sound pipe where it is on the car I took mine off when I had the trans out it is under the Battery but not so bad. Hope this helps .

Sorry for the gooffy font on my zero but you get the idea :)

Attachments

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #116
thanks Rod! much appreciated...

I'll remove that section of ribbed hose from where it originally connected to the symposer box up to that point shown in your pic and take advantage of using the remaining hose section through the firewall to route wires!

Chris G

Do you mind me bugging you about your badges again? I have a question about ordering via the UK site and how you did it to ensure that it arrived on your doorstep in the states. What shipping method did you choose? It looks like one of them is free and the other is 6-7 pounds. Also, did you go through the whole checkout process in pounds vs US dollars? Thank you for your help!

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #118
Do you mind me bugging you about your badges again? I have a question about ordering via the UK site and how you did it to ensure that it arrived on your doorstep in the states. What shipping method did you choose? It looks like one of them is free and the other is 6-7 pounds. Also, did you go through the whole checkout process in pounds vs US dollars? Thank you for your help!
Hey no problem... I ordered in USD, paid through paypal, and did the free ship (airmail international S standard) which came in an envelope through the USPS....

http://www.domedbadge.co.uk/

Gel overlay installed 1.jpg

Chris G

I don't think they are the same size as the stock wheel covers...I would measure your stock wheel caps to verify....
Stock wheel caps look to be 54-55mm. From what I can tell, a few people have gone 55 and they fit perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.