Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BoostBumps RaceRed Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I measured it this afternoon and I also got 55 mm. Im going to wait to get the front/hatch & the steering wheel badge before I get the wheel caps. I spent $40 on the three badges, and the additional wheel caps would have added $35. Shipping was free. thanks for the help everyone

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #122
Purchased AccessTuner Race yesterday...Fairly straight forward and relatively easy to use....However, still quite a bit to learn and sort through which is the fun part!

Already began by generating 5-way map switching for various ethanol blends...I'm starting off conservatively here using Cobb's OTS stg3 as the base map with slight changes made to stoich, fuel targets, global timing, boost targets depending on ethanol percentage and will refine further after more data is logged...Still very much a work in progress...

t.7 eTune Switchable Map Slots e10 - e40.jpg

And special thanks to Razor for posting a general outline in link below...

Razor's ethanol % map switching guide

[HR][/HR]
Helpful links...

http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html

Cobb Ethanol Fuel Set Matrix.jpg

E85_Mixing.jpg

Chris G

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to receive your UK domed badges? Just trying to figure out what to expect. :)

Just got my similar Gel Overlay Badges. They look great but theyre much more delicate than I thought! I scratched and damaged one in the corner as I was placing it. I'm happy with the purchase, but I have a feeling they may not last as long...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #126
Just got my similar Gel Overlay Badges. They look great but theyre much more delicate than I thought! I scratched and damaged one in the corner as I was placing it. I'm happy with the purchase, but I have a feeling they may not last as long...
sorry to hear Ed...

So far mine are holding up very very well....Did you follow their instructions and slightly heat the badges up with a hair dryer prior to install? This makes removal from the protective backing easier and will also prevent edge peeling damage during removal from the backing...once installed they seem very durable...

sorry to hear Ed...

So far mine are holding up very very well....Did you follow their instructions and slightly heat the badges up with a hair dryer prior to install? This makes removal from the protective backing easier and will also prevent edge peeling damage during removal from the backing...once installed they seem very durable...
Yea I heated it up, but maybe not enough. This always happens to me though. I'm so anxious when I get new mods that I usually mess something up at first lol. Overall though, they give the car a great look! That blue ford logo just seemed out of place [???:)]

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #128
Yea I heated it up, but maybe not enough. This always happens to me though. I'm so anxious when I get new mods that I usually mess something up at first lol. Overall though, they give the car a great look! That blue ford logo just seemed out of place [???:)]
I totally agree that the blue oval just seemed out of place on my RaceRed FiST...

[HR][/HR]
Next up....I'm installing these H11 LEDs in my fog lamps today....

Fog LEDs.jpg

Chris G

I totally agree that the blue oval just seemed out of place on my RaceRed FiST...

[HR][/HR]
Next up....I'm installing these H11 LEDs in my fog lamps today....

View attachment 3285
That is pretty rad - really looking forward to seeing how those look.

Sounds like my badges should be showing up at any time now. It's been about 7 business days as of today. Hopefully by the end of the week.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #130
LED Fog Lamps Installed

Just finished installation of LED fog lamps...

I chose 5K "bright white" LEDs as I didn't want any blue tint to the light...The intensity and brightness is a major improvement over the standard halogen's...Also these LED produce very low heat and will not discolor or damage the light tint film I currently have placed over my fog lenses for protection....

Purchased through VLEDs.com

http://www.vleds.com/5k-white-10-led-drl-fog-light-bulbs-h11-1-pair.html

5K WHITE 10 LED DRL/FOG LIGHT BULBS H11

Color: 5K
Lumens: 425 each
VLED Fogs H11 b.jpg
Fog LEDs.jpg

Comparison: Left (LED) / Right (Halogen)

LED Fog Comparison 1.jpg

Both Sides with LEDs Installed:

LED Fogs Installed 2.jpg

LED Fog Installed 1.jpg

Chris G

You should sneak out tonight and see what kind of night shots you can get. Would love to see how these things light up the road.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #134
hey thanks guys!

I'll definitely take more pics this evening to post....

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #135
Just finished installation of LED fog lamps...

I chose 5K "bright white" LEDs as I didn't want any blue tint to the light...The intensity and brightness is a major improvement over the standard halogen's...Also these LED produce very low heat and will not discolor or damage the light tint film I currently have placed over my fog lenses for protection....

Purchased through VLEDs.com

http://www.vleds.com/5k-white-10-led-drl-fog-light-bulbs-h11-1-pair.html

5K WHITE 10 LED DRL/FOG LIGHT BULBS H11

Color: 5K
Lumens: 425 each

View attachment 3305
View attachment 3304

Comparison: Left (LED) / Right (Halogen)

View attachment 3306

Both Sides with LEDs Installed:

View attachment 3307

View attachment 3308
Here's a pic with garage door shut....I'm surprised as to how much brighter / intense these LED fogs are now!

LED Fogs Installed Night 1.jpg

[HR][/HR]
Also Replaced all Interior Map and Dome Lights with Red LEDs

RED LEDs.jpg

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
The new LED fogs look great, it's one of the first thing I did to mine as well.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #138
Thanks for the info. Just curious is that a silicone reducer in this photo or do my eyes decieve me? I read in another thread it's a 38mm hose but you said 32mm. Just want to be sure before I tackle this.
List of materials used (with sources):

(2) Stainless Steel Worm Clamps ($0.99 ea)

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/liqui...ps-p-1038.html

(1) 1.25" ID / 3" long 4 ply Silicone Hose ($4.99ea)

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/silic...ses-p-479.html

(1) 32mm Blanking Plug ($6.45 ea)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TBS-TS-0205-2015

It was a tight fit on the charge pipe end but still worked quite well....I also reduced the length of silicone hose from 3" to 2" to keep it short and clean looking...I thought using a 38mm dia plug would be a bit too large after measuring the port on the charge pipe but seeing how tight the fit was during install I think in hindsight I would go with a 38mm blanking plug and 1.5" diameter silicone hose...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #139
The new LED fogs look great, it's one of the first thing I did to mine as well.
thanks! I'm very pleased with how bright the new fog lamps are now with LEDs installed!

I used your write up as a reference...it was very helpful..thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.