Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BoostBumps RaceRed Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Im going to get a tune for 100 and 93 50/50 mix. Exxon near me carries it at the pump for 5.99 a gallon.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #162
Im going to get a tune for 100 and 93 50/50 mix. Exxon near me carries it at the pump for 5.99 a gallon.
Good deal...you've been saying you were going to get this done...keep us posted...

I'm currently now working on my 100 (50/50 mix now) tune which is equivalent to ~96 Oct...Really pleased to have found a 100 gas station less than 4 miles from my home...

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Good deal...keep us posted...

I'm currently now working on my 100 (50/50 mix now) tune which is equivalent to ~96 Oct...Its really nice to have a 100 gas station less than 4 miles from my home...
I hear that but it should give you the ability make a little mor epower before maxing it out.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #165
CFM Performance Baffled Billet Valve Cover Breather Kit - Installed

http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepar...reather-Kit-for-2014-15-Fiesta-ST-49p5173.htm

CFM breather Cap Wrinkle black.jpg

Installed:
The "wrinkle black" breather cap blends in nicely for a more integrated look...

Breather Cap.jpg

Quick Check:
Verified (@ Idle) that "Vacuum", "AFR", "STFT" (Short Term Fuel Trims) all remain unchanged and look good....

CFM Breather Quick Check.jpg

I also just ran a few good 24~25psi pulls and saw no oil seep or splash on the top surface of the breather cap baffle...And Fuel Trims still remained well behaved during pulls...

Will continue to monitor....

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Looks really good Tom, hows the quality on their products?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #167
Looks really good Tom, hows the quality on their products?
Hey Zach!

Well, from what I've now seen with respect to the build quality of CFM's Baffled Billet Valve Cover Breather it's very well made...And appears to be working as advertised...I also just forwarded confirmation of fitment (for the FiST) back to Chris at CFM today along with some preliminary test info and pictures...

Its interesting that even at idle with the breather installed I could definitely feel some slight positive pressure being released through the CFM breather cap....

My motivation in installing a breather cap is two fold: 1) By reducing the pressure in the cover (by installing a breather cap) your essentially reducing some of the oil vapor that's being recirculated through the PCV line into the intake manifold and 2) Reducing the hot air that's being recirculated back through the intake....

Now I still plan on keeping the PCV line operational but will also add an OCC in that line and then simply delete the line recirculating back through the intake....

On a side note: I'd like to see a plug and play OCC "kit" (for the PCV line ) developed for the FiST that comes with mounting brackets along with proper hose lengths fitted with factory quick connects....CFM currently offers a JTL OCC kit which also includes their breather cap specifically for the FoST...Be nice to see a complete kit offered for the FiST as well...

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Its interesting that even at idle with the breather installed I could definitely feel some slight positive pressure being released through the CFM breather cap....

My motivation in installing a breather cap is two fold: 1) By reducing the pressure in the cover (by installing a breather cap) your essentially reducing some of the oil vapor that's being recirculated through the PCV line into the intake manifold and 2) Reducing the hot air that's being recirculated back through the intake....

On a side note: I'd like to see a plug and play OCC "kit" (for the PCV line ) developed that comes with mounting brackets along with proper hose lengths fitted with factory quick connects....CFM currently offers a JTL OCC kit which also includes their breather cap specifically for the FoST...Be nice to see one offered for the FiST as well...
Glad to hear this.

I wonder if we can contact JLT directly and see if they can build a custom bracket that will fit the Fiesta
http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=378&products_id=655

Thanks for taking the plunge and confirming fitment on this, Tom! Would you deduct that over time this could potentially aid in reducing carbon build up on the back side of the intake valves? How substantial of an effect do you think it could have?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #170
OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #171
Thanks for taking the plunge and confirming fitment on this, Tom! Would you deduct that over time this could potentially aid in reducing carbon build up on the back side of the intake valves? How substantial of an effect do you think it could have?
The breather cap should allow for a significant reduction in cover pressure and as such reduce the rate of flow from the PCV line recirculated back to the intake manifold which attributes to much of the carbon buildup created over time...

In speaking with CFM today they still recommend having an OCC installed off the PCV along with the valve cover breather cap....

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #172
OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #174
What are the pieces clamped in the line after the check valve and the line going to the OCC?

Yes! That's it! I bought the same OCC, check valve, and breather set up you have. Any chance you can take a few more pics showing how you ran everything? Please :)

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #178
Yes! That's it! I bought the same OCC, check valve, and breather set up you have. Any chance you can take a few more pics showing how you ran everything? Please :)
Hope this helps!

PCV to OCC:

PCV line to OCC.jpg

OCC to CV to IM:

OCC - CV - IM Line.jpg

15/32" Emission / PCV Hose:
http://www.autozone.com/plumbing-hosing/rubber-hose/armor-mark-pcv-and-emission-hose/13693_0_0/

19/32" Emission / PCV Hose:
http://www.autozone.com/plumbing-hosing/rubber-hose/armor-mark-pcv-hose/13694_0_0/

5/8" to 1/2" Reducer:
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...ap?ck=Search_N0886_-1_3018&pt=N0886&ppt=C0108

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Community Posts