Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BoostBumps RaceRed Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Sold Fiesta ST (3/3/2107)

2014 Fiesta ST (purchased 8/9/2014):
- Race Red
- Recaro Seats
- Moon Roof
- NAV
- Gray Rado Wheels
- Red Painted Calipers

Current Performance Mods:
- e10(91) / e20(93) / e30(95) - Selectable Maps (Self-Tuned)
- e30 (Self-Tuned) - 220whp / 325wtq (V-Dyno)
- COBB AP & ATR
- COBB Turboback
- COBB FMIC
- COBB IC Charge Pipes
- COBB Sport Springs
- CP-E CAI
- Custom Upper RAM Intake Snorkel
- Symposer Delete (Blanking Plug)
- Boomba Short Shift Adapter
- Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels (17x7 ET42)
- CFM Performance Baffled Valve Cover Breather
- No-Pistons 3/8" Accelerator Pedal Spacer Plate

Detailing Mods:
- Rally Innovations Front Lower Splitter
- Boomba Rear Wing Risers
- 3M FX Window Tint (30% Fronts / 15% Rears)
- V-LED Fog Lights
- Fog Film Covers (Light Tint)
- Lathe Werks Hybrid Piston Shift Knob
- Cobb AP A-Pillar Mount
- No-Pistons Dead Pedal
- No-Pistons Battery Tie-Down
- "Fiesta" Badge Removed
- Perrin Super Shorty Antenna
- Cover Craft Sun Shade
- "Ford" Gel Overlay Badges (Black w/ Red Font) - Front / Rear / Steering Wheel
- Interior Map and Dome Lamps Replaced with Red LEDs
- "ECOBeast" Badge

Sparco Wheels Installed Closeup 3.jpg

Cobb Sport Springs angle.jpg

CP-E intake installed 8a.jpg

RI Splitter 1.jpg

Boomba Riser 4.jpg

eco beast 1.jpg

Gel overlay wheel caps.jpg

LED Fog Installed 1.jpg

RED LEDs.jpg

Dead Pedal Installed.jpg

LW Shift Knob.jpg

LW2a.jpg

[HR][/HR]
e30 (Self-Tuned) - 220whp / 333wtq (V-Dyno)

BB e30 4th X1.jpg

e20 (Self-Tuned) - 213whp / 305wtq (V-Dyno)

BB e20 4th datalog2.jpg

[HR][/HR]
First Visit to Cobb SoCal (9/16/2014)

Mods Installed:
- Cobb Turboback Exhaust
- Cobb FMIC
- Cobb IC Hardpipes
- Cobb Flat Panel Filter
- Cobb RMM
- Cobb AP OTS Stg3 91 V104
- Cobb Knob (Black w/ red band)

Visiting Cobb 09162014a.jpg

Visiting Cobb  Some Goodies.jpg

[HR][/HR]Cobb FMIC and IC Hardpipe Kit Install:

Cobb FMIC vs Stock 1.jpg

Cobb FMIC vs Stock 3.jpg

Cobb FMIC Hardpipes vs Stock.jpg

Cobb FMIC and Harpipes 1.jpg

Cobb FMIC and HardPipes 2.jpg

Cobb IC installed.jpg

[HR][/HR]Cobb Turboback Installed:

Cobb Catback.jpg

Cobb Catback Tips.jpg

Cobb Downpipe vs Stock.jpg

Cobb Exhaust vs Stock.jpg

Cobb Midpipe.jpg

Cobb Flange.jpg

Cobb Mandrel S Bend Section.jpg

Posted below are two samples of video/sound clips of what Cobb's Turboback Exhaust note sounds like...I personally found Cobb's TBE exhaust note to be very similar to the video recorded and as expected louder than stock (no surprise there!)...The TBE has a deep smooth throaty exhaust note with no noticeable drone and not at all obnoxious or too loud....I also noticed that during my 100 mile trip back from Orange County averaging 80mph at varying rpm's that this TBE was pretty much drone free (very nice!)..and btw...I also averaged 33 mpg's during the trip back with all my mods added.....

[video=youtube;M073FVWoVwc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M073FVWoVwc[/video]

[video=youtube;mlyemsa-F7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlyemsa-F7Y&index=5&list=UUgeGealT0QYcrnoYRMltDZg[/video]

Last edited:
OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #2
Some Detailing Mods (10/05/2014)

AP V3 "A" Pillar Mount Installed:
AP V3 - A Pillar Mount.jpg

Cobb Knob Installed:
Cobb Knob.jpg

Fog Lamp Covers (light tint) Installed:
Light Tint Fog Covers 2.jpg

Fiesta Badge Removed:
Window Tint - shorty ant - debadge 2.jpg

Perrin Super Shorty Antenna Installed:
Window Tint - shorty ant - debadge.jpg

Window Tint (30% front sides / 15% back sides):
Window Tint.jpg

"No-Pistons" Custom Dead Pedal:
Dead Pedal Installed.jpg

I would love to pick up all the Cobb stuff. Love the build so far, and look forward to seeing what you are going to put down after the intake and pro tune.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #4
I would love to pick up all the Cobb stuff. Love the build so far, and look forward to seeing what you are going to put down after the intake and pro tune.
hey thanks!...Was a fun day over at Cobb...

So far I'm very pleased with the quality of parts and the results...

I'm hoping Cobb releases their CAI (within the next few weeks) and then I'll have it installed and everything ProTuned at the same time....I'll post the dyno results as soon as I get them...

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Nice upgrades...how much did they charge to install all that?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #6
Nice upgrades...how much did they charge to install all that?
took them less than 4hrs...and with all the stuff I had installed I got a very good deal....

FocusMike

What are your impressions of the mods so far? Does it drive like a whole different car?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #8
What are your impressions of the mods so far? Does it drive like a whole different car?
I think what impressed me the most was how much more responsive and powerful the car feels particularly at the low and throughout the midband ranges....And the acceleration feels much more consistent and linear...And just tapping the accelerator while cruising at hwy speeds the boost immediately went to 21~22psi peak and held nicely under load....

Also had a chance to observe Boost Level, Charge Temp, and Ambient Air Temp which I setup the gauges on my AP to read during my trip back from Cobb and I was surprised and pleased to see during a few sustained WOTs runs from cruising speed as to how the charge temps didn't raise much more than 5~7 degrees F over ambient temps while maxing at ~22psi boost...

Need to log some runs to get a better idea as to how efficient the new system is....

Nice setup. I've spent a lot of time out in that Desert there (Kern, Riverside, Imperial) Are you planning a radiator upgrade in the Spring?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #11
Nice setup. I've spent a lot of time out in that Desert there (Kern, Riverside, Imperial) Are you planning a radiator upgrade in the Spring?
hey thanks...so far I'm very pleased....

I'm located here in the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Indio)....

No plans for a radiator upgrade...next upgrade is Cobb CAI and then have Cobb SoCal fine tune everything with a ProTune....

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Looks good man. Any idea on what wheels you're getting? And did you cut the tab off the fog light covers? Or just lay them over?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #13
Looks good man. Any idea on what wheels you're getting? And did you cut the tab off the fog light covers? Or just lay them over?
hey thx Kip...

I'm leaning towards getting Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's in Anthracite....

The fog lamp film covers were extremely easy to install...I lightly misted (using a spray bottle with water) both the film (adhesive side) and fog lamp surface...Then simply placed them in the center and smoothed from the center outwards...Using a credit card edge I was able to easily tuck the film edges under the black plastic cover which has plenty of space between them and the fog lamp surface to do so....the whole process too me less than 10 min tops with no bubbles or defects...Its one of the first things I like to do to protect them from hwy stone kick up damage...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Oh okay. I was worried about the tabs and what to do with them. But if I don't have to cut them and just tuck them I'll try it. Thanks man.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #15
Sound Symposer - Stealth Delete

I've quickly grown tired over the past few weeks of hearing those annoying whirling hollow sounds and faux exhaust noises coming into my cabin caused by the sound symposer which Ford chose to install in the FiST so I finally decided to eliminate this feature without appearing as if anything was modified or removed...

The solution is very easy....Just simply plug the source on the charge pipe that feeds the symposer box....And as a result of doing so I no longer hear those hollow swirling sounds which often occur during low-mid throttle accelerations...And quite frankly now I can really enjoy hearing my Cobb exhaust system which now sounds far better even in the cabin while cruising after that sound symposer function was effectively removed from the system...

Also taking into consideration that raising the boost levels higher with my current tune and future projects I simply wasn't comfortable having that much boost pressure channeled to a sound symposer box diaphragm which could get damaged over time and cause some problematic leaks to occur since the symposer source is taken directly off the charge pipe...

Here is how this was easily accomplished outlined below...(which btw was not original on my part as I have read through a few other examples posted on other forums)....

1) Spread the hose clamp open and remove the lower hose (see #2 in Pic below) from the Symposer box to charge pipe port..

Sound Symposer.jpg

2) Insert (1" - 1.125") expansion plug (#02600) which you can purchase at any Autozone store for $2.99...

Dorman Expansion Plug.jpg

Expansion Plug Insert.jpg

3) After the expansion plug is inserted and secured in place, re-install the symposer hose back over the plug, and finally reinstall the symposer box such that it's not apparent that anything was modified...

Symposer and Hose reinstalled.jpg

The entire project took less than 20 min....And well worth it IMO....

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #17
I like what you've done, very tasteful. Cobb parts are really nice.
hey thanks!...much appreciated....This forum has been amazing helpful thanks to a number of members that have paved the way for us relatively newer members....

I'm hoping to install Cobbs CAI very soon and then have it all ProTuned over at Cobb SoCal...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
hey thanks!...much appreciated....This forum has been amazing helpful thanks to a number of members that have paved the way for us relatively newer members....

I'm hoping to install Cobbs CAI very soon and then have it all ProTuned over at Cobb SoCal...
Quoted for truth. Great forum and very informational.

And I wish I had a place like that near me I'd be there every day. Haha.

Young L

Yea i got annoyed with the "enhanced driving experiance" on the first day. i just ordered the same thing off Advanced Auto cause its available to ship to my APO address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Community Posts