Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Virtual Dyno Results Thread

razorlab

1000 Post Club
That torque you are producing is insane. I would love to see what I could do with the E30 and E45 mix, but unfortunately E85 doesn't exist anywhere remotely near where I live.
It's kind of dumb actually, it just lights up the tires if I go WOT from that low in RPM. The good thing is in reality, I barely ever go WOT in that low of RPM.

I also have the gear based torque limit on for 1st and 2nd gear, and part of third so the car actually can get traction.

I can't wait to start messing with the gear based boost that Cobb just released in the Accesstuner update.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Yeah, I need to check out the update as well. I can imagine that it does blow the tires off, lol. The torque limits do help. All I get with mine in 1st and 2nd when I drop the hammer is the beautiful one wheel peels...

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Okay,
Below are two of my datalogs graphed out with Virtual Dyno. One is my COBB OTS Stg3 91 and the second is my Freektune Revision 3 (current tune). Both tunes are charted on the same graph for comparison and I have provided graphs in both SAE and STD as I see a lot of postings of STD graphs from real dyno shops, which tend to read a little higher. My Virtual Dyno "custom" 2014 Fiesta ST has the specs as below:
-Weight (Freektune): 3082, Weight (COBB): 3068...these are based on my weight, fuel (full tank on both runs), items in car and the clothing I was wearing all added to the curb weight.
-Drag Coefficient: .32
-Frontal area: 22.90
-Tire diameter: 23.46
-3rd Gear and Final Drive ratio: 1.357 and 3.820 (datalog was completed in 3rd gear/ Manual trans)
-I used: http://www.friendlyforecast.com/archive_portal/archive.php to get my outside temp and pressure.
-I used the smoothing: 1 (I also tried smoothing: 3, which smoothed it out a lot and dropped the peak horsepower by 3 on both runs...same with the torque.
-Fairly flat road and around 100 ft above sea level.
-86 degree F for the Freektune and 90 degrees F for the Cobb.
The Freektune that you see here was not my highest peaking Freektune Revision but it is the smoothest and best driving. There may not be an impressive gain in peak horsepower here, but the torque gain and gains elsewhere are very noticeable and in the perfect spots for the way I drive. Below are the graphs:

STD:
View attachment 2162

SAE:
View attachment 2163

Next thing is to run a couple more of these then to get to a real dyno and compare.
I did a new datalog this morning with the same tune and everything else the same except the temp was 57 degrees and the pressure was different. The Virtual Dyno results were 221 hp and 252 tq SAE. Lol, that's a big difference.

OP
R

ryst

Thread Starter #25
Alright new results and I found a great smooth flat road:
1) Altitude - Sea Level
2) Road used - pretty much flat, same road for every log.
3) Road material - asphalt
4) Wind direction and rough estimate of speed - South wind 11.5 MPH (according to weather report)
5) Temperature and if possible humidity - 50* - 74% humidity - 29.65 mm/hg
6) Tire and wheel weight - Stock (not sure?)
7) Tire width - Stock
8) Tire type - Stock
9) Tire air pressure - 35PSI
10) Camber - Stock
11) TC Full Off

Everything is stock on the car, except the E40 Tune and E40 fuel

The pulls go, datalog54 - East, Datalog55 - west, Datalog56 - east all on the same stretch of road. I actually started pull #55 at a lower RPM, so the spool is slightly better. I'll even include the smoothing = 0 graph to show how good the road was (a very rare thing in Michigan :) )

Smoothing = 0
nosmooth.jpg
Smoothing = 3
eastwesteast.jpg

Just realized log #54 had a slightly diff wheel size, but it only affected horsepower 1 hp (23.46 vs 23.5)

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Those are some really good numbers on a really good road!

It's nice to see a FiST over 200 hp with only a tune. Who is doing your tuning?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
WOW great numbers it bears out the other mods are more or less fluff with the current turbo.. (i know a better FMIC is needed for the long runs)

OP
R

ryst

Thread Starter #29
WOW great numbers it bears out the other mods are more or less fluff with the current turbo.. (i know a better FMIC is needed for the long runs)
Yeah, I see 30* rise in charge air temps over my 3rd gear pulls. Right now that means 50* to 80* since it's fall in Michigan. I will be upgrading the IC after winter is over.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Yeah, I see 30* rise in charge air temps over my 3rd gear pulls. Right now that means 50* to 80* since it's fall in Michigan. I will be upgrading the IC after winter is over.
Are you still using the base tune I sent you or have you started tweaking it yet? Let me know because I owe you a slight update after viewing the last set of logs you sent me

OP
R

ryst

Thread Starter #31
Are you still using the base tune I sent you or have you started tweaking it yet? Let me know because I owe you a slight update after viewing the last set of logs you sent me
I am running the V2 tune. I'm not tweaking it myself *yet* :) This is my first foray into *real* tuning, and I'm still just comparing different tunes that are available to see what strategies are used on what tables.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I am running the V2 tune. I'm not tweaking it myself *yet* :) This is my first foray into *real* tuning, and I'm still just comparing different tunes that are available to see what strategies are used on what tables.
Glad to see how well the V2 is working on other cars. Thanks again for the data logs!

This shows a comparison of my car at 5400ft elevation vs sealevel. Downpipe, intake, FMIC. E50 tune optimized for 5400ft. When I got down to sealevel my boost would oscillate around 3k so I imagine if the tune was optimized for sealevel it would show even greater gains vs 5400ft. Yellow run is 5400ft, other 2 are sealevel ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412711756.556721.jpg

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Where I'm currently at with Panda Motor Works... Mods are as follows: Catless 2JR DP, Cobb CBE, Cobb Intercooler (just cooler), ATP hotside charge pipe, modded airbox, Mountune filter, Mountune silicone intake hose, 205/45/17 on OZ Ultraleggeras.

1) 459'
2) Flat-ish
3) Concrete, dry
4) NW, constant 9mph, gusts to 18
5) 76* 42% humidity
6) Michelin AS/3, OZ Ultraleggera at 36lbs per tire
7) 205
8) All-season, definitely experience traction loss from a dig.
9) 35psi
10) OEM
11) TC full off
12) Approx 2690lbs without me in it.

Panda 4.1.jpg

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Good looking numbers. You guys are ballsy with those 4th gear pulls, lol. Has anyone done a back to back 3rd and 4th gear pulls to see the difference produced on the VD.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Good looking numbers. You guys are ballsy with those 4th gear pulls, lol. Has anyone done a back to back 3rd and 4th gear pulls to see the difference produced on the VD.
Doesn't take big balls when you live five minutes from the highway lol.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Doesn't take big balls when you live five minutes from the highway lol.
Yeah, I need to find me a highway without traffic during the day. The Cops here are sneaky at night and it's too congested during the day. I can barely get a 3rd gear pull without issue.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Also, just to let everyone know...using STD and a smoothing of 1 tends to inflate your numbers. You should try at least a smoothing of 3. SAE will help make our runs easier to compare as it take in account for temp and barometric pressure. Using STD, a 20 degrees difference can make up to a 20 hp difference.

Injen intake, Cobb intercooler and charge pipes, 2JR race downpipe and exhaust. Freaktuned by Justin. Third gear pull in 63 degree weather on 91 octane. Car weight 2900 lbs, that's with me in it. Stock tires with the Wilwood bbk.

Attachments

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
This is my V-dyno from 5:30am this morning on my way to work. I didn't get a chance to upload it onto my new used laptop ( with lets me use everything my POS 10month old laptop wouldn't ).

I'll post the raw file when I get wifi. It actually shuts the throttle at 5800rpms down to around 60-70%.

93oct, stock intercooler, stock air filter ( 21k miles on it ), stock spark plugs, stock turbo outlet pipe.

The one thing I can say is that the car was not heat soaked from driving. I live about 2 miles from the toll/interstate and the toll booth (rolling) was my starting point.

68 degrees and wet/humid outside ( but way better than normal temps here normally ).

shape of the curves