Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Virtual Dyno Results Thread

DHM1

1000 Post Club
You guys will get a kick out of this. Most of my bigger power customers we put on a chassis dyno because of traction issues / having to do pulls at such high speeds so the tires dont spin. This is a car with a decent size turbo and you can really see here how each pound of boost can really add on the power. it was tuned for peak power at 26psi and peak at 38psi. 26 psi the car went 142mph (evo8) in the 1/4mile.

just to show with the right data and the right road you can have good dyno info to compare with.

haste

1000 Post Club
Do these results look ok? 1 & 3 were run on the same stretch of road. 2 & 4 were on the same stretch of road but in a different location from runs 1 & 3. I just installed Cobb AP with Stage 1 Mountune map and drop-in green filter.
If anyone would be willing to look and tell me if everything looks ok, I can post up my CSV logs from the runs. I'm running 205/45/17 tires.

1) 100ft above sea level
2) Flat roads.
3) Smooth asphalt on runs 1&3. Rougher asphalt on runs 2&4. Both flat.
4) WNW 4mph
5) 40F with 21% Humidity
6) No idea
7) 205/45/17
8) Continental DWS All-season
9) 39 Front/ 36 Rear
10) Stock suspension
11) Stock diff and NO TC
12) about 2950 pounds with me in it

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Haste you are getting a throttle closure at lower rpm. Have you adjusted the wastegate arm?

A pro-tune would clear that up :)
Its not hurting anything, but its a loss in power.

haste

1000 Post Club
Haste you are getting a throttle closure at lower rpm. Have you adjusted the wastegate arm?

A pro-tune would clear that up :)
Its not hurting anything, but its a loss in power.
/snip

That should say 82% where it dips.
Huh, interesting. I haven't touched anything on the turbo. I appreciate you taking the time to look at it, Sourskittle.

I plan on installing a j-line intercooler in the next couple months or so. I will probably get a tune done after that install.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Its prob got a lot to do with the 40 degree temps.
The J-line is a sweet cooler. I'd take it for my climate/needs over a cobb/airtec any day of the week. If you hang on a bit longer, i have a friend developing something the fiesta ST guys have never had the option for in regards to intercoolers but it will be at the cobb price range. Nothing wrong with a J-line or even the "bolt on" panda motor works cooler I'm currently running.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Its prob got a lot to do with the 40 degree temps.
The J-line is a sweet cooler. I'd take it for my climate/needs over a cobb/airtec any day of the week. If you hang on a bit longer, i have a friend developing something the fiesta ST guys have never had the option for in regards to intercoolers but it will be at the cobb price range. Nothing wrong with a J-line or even the "bolt on" panda motor works cooler I'm currently running.
friends! <3 lol

Etyrnus

Rezzing a slightly dead thread here, but do I need to configure the AP to log certain parameters, or will it pull all of the relevant data?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
IT should pull all the data you need but check the Vdyno notes to be sure once you grab the program and set up your car spec's in the Vdyno

Slightly off topic---
Has anyone used the estimated torque from the AP and used that data to calc HP and just plotted that? I did a quick 3rd gear run today and it looks semi accurate, 250 ft-lbs @2900 trailing off to 200 ft-lbs 5200 (where I ended), it was a nice 21 psi with charge temp of only 21 degrees [biggrin]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Seems about right, but I believe the torque numbers the ecu uses are at the crank basically. Not sure how or if they would be accurate even trying to judge gains after an upgrade.

Ran same file through vDyno and its pretty similar, peak tq is a little lower but HP is pretty much the same. I guess it all depends were the estimate tq number comes from but its not horrible far off.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Sour, how much do you weigh? I see you have 2990lbs in VDyno as your vehicle weight.

I weigh (I did back when I had it on the scales) 225 and my car came to 2960 with me in the car and 1/4 tank of fuel.