Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Virtual Dyno Results Thread

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I saw 93 in Tucson today, way above average but the car still hauls arse with with the big DHM IC, big radiator, oil cooler, nothing got hot:)

I saw 93 in Tucson today, way above average but the car still hauls arse with with the big DHM IC, big radiator, oil cooler, nothing got hot:)
your charge air temps were above ambient though right? what were they? on my full throttle pulls to redline (I'm etuning) I'm seeing +15 over ambient

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I did not log anything or do long pulls, just had some fun here and there and the car ran great, got it on as well as ever.

When I get the turbo change done, tuned, start hitting the track running 20-30 minute sessions full throttle most of the time, hard on the brakes the rest of the time I will be more concerned with all the temps and log them.

haste

1000 Post Club
Went back to stage 0 with current mods and did some datalogging for the hell of it. Vdyno results! Car felt blah...hehe

Went back to stage 0 with current mods and did some datalogging for the hell of it. Vdyno results! Car felt blah...hehe

yea that's about what I would see, and close to 200 stage 3 ots and 200 etuned but with a lot better drivability and 210-215/315-325 e30

I make sure my car always has e30 now lolol, if you think about it though 215 is 250-260 at the crank and 320 tq is like 360 with those numbers and our weight 2700, we can rape a stock wrx from rolls

haste

1000 Post Club
yea that's about what I would see, and close to 200 stage 3 ots and 200 etuned but with a lot better drivability and 210-215/315-325 e30

I make sure my car always has e30 now lolol, if you think about it though 215 is 250-260 at the crank and 320 tq is like 360 with those numbers and our weight 2700, we can rape a stock wrx from rolls
I was actually quite surprised at my stage 0 results considering boost never went above 17-18 psi... [sleeping]

So what is everyone using here as a template for gauging their car's performance? Are most people just going off of the Focus ST template in vDyno or actually putting in the Drag Coefficient, gearing ratios, and frontal area for the car in a custom template? Just curious, because this is what I've started doing and needless to say, it changed my results. Numbers are lower, but they're more accurate as a result. I've attached a screenshot of my setup in vDyno for anyone to copy for themselves. This is the most accurate info I could find on the car. Frontal Area is very difficult to find and eventually I just ended up using a calculator that based it off of width and height. Drag Coefficient wasn't too hard to find. Gearing was in the spec sheet.

Also attached a screenshots of a vDyno I took last night both with and without adjustments for barometric pressure and temperature.

(Tire size is different because I was on winters. Normal tire size with the Pilot Super Sports is 24.3". Winters are 23.7".)

2.22logs.jpg

2.22weatherlog.jpg

settings.jpg

koozy

3000 Post Club
So what is everyone using here as a template for gauging their car's performance? Are most people just going off of the Focus ST template in vDyno or actually putting in the Drag Coefficient, gearing ratios, and frontal area for the car in a custom template? Just curious, because this is what I've started doing and needless to say, it changed my results. Numbers are lower, but they're more accurate as a result. I've attached a screenshot of my setup in vDyno for anyone to copy for themselves. This is the most accurate info I could find on the car. Frontal Area is very difficult to find and eventually I just ended up using a calculator that based it off of width and height. Drag Coefficient wasn't too hard to find. Gearing was in the spec sheet.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2819-Virtual-Dyno-Results-Thread

can it take a cple weeks for ur car to get 100% used to a new tune? I got my car tuned on e30 by adam at first I was seeing 210hp on the vdyno now I'm seeing 220hp after a couple weeks