Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Virtual Dyno Results Thread

Finally got around to playing with the VD today... So I gathered this is supposed to be comparable to the Dynojet.

[/URL][/IMG]

Compared to the Dynapak which mounts to the hubs not rollers

[/URL][/IMG]

I pulled the Log from my last Adamtuned revision before hitting the dyno, only a few day difference.
Yellow numbers are Cobb Stage 3 OTS (pump 93)
Green is Adamtune (pump 93 + meth)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
On a dynapack.... yup.
I know a dynapack could read a little lower, but only 190whp with meth. That doesn't seem right.

Your Cobb numbers on 93 are higher. Granted there's less tq. I'd take that over your meth tune.

Starting to gain a bit of that lost power back on my tune from the larger Pilot Super Sport tires now that I've got the MTC intercooler on. Still absolutely loving my Stratified tune.

MPA

Here's my car:

MAP Intercooler and CBE
K&N
Tune+ 93

vdyno2.JPG

vdyno3.JPG

For anyone not getting boost/afr info on the graph - File -> Options -> Columns and Proifiles - Fill in the column headers from your data logs

vdyno1.JPG

jeff

2000 Post Club
Anyone done virtual dyno then real dyno back to back?

Hey fellas,

I've been playing with vDyno to compare my custom tune revisions....was wondering ball park how realistic these numbers are. It would be awesome to take a vDyno and then strap the car in to a real one and see what the whp/wtq is. I have no faith in the vDyno but I'm curious how accurate it is.

Has anyone done this? If so, what was the data for virtual vs. real dyno?

Thanks!

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Maybe there's information in the V-Dyno thread that was created before this V-Dyno thread?

I believe it's typically been found to be between 3-5% of Dynojet when done correctly.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Maybe there's information in the V-Dyno thread that was created before this V-Dyno thread?

I believe it's typically been found to be between 3-5% of Dynojet when done correctly.
Ah, thanks, I read it but missed that info. Post #134:

Virtual dyno = 208hp 284tq
Real dyno = 190hp 305tq

Big difference though it's to be expected. Would like to see a few more.

I'll merge this info onto that thread.

Mods close thread please. Thanks dyn085.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Finally got around to playing with the VD today... So I gathered this is supposed to be comparable to the Dynojet.

[/URL][/IMG]

Compared to the Dynapak which mounts to the hubs not rollers

[/URL][/IMG]

I pulled the Log from my last Adamtuned revision before hitting the dyno, only a few day difference.
Yellow numbers are Cobb Stage 3 OTS (pump 93)
Green is Adamtune (pump 93 + meth)
Thanks johnnyaf87 for posting this. So:

Virtual D 208hp 284tq
vs.
Dynapak 190hp 305tq

Of course with all the variables these are hardly comparable but it is interesting to note.

I'm not anywhere near a shop with a dyno but if I were I'd love to see an immediate comparison done within 10 minutes of each other.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I'm not anywhere near a shop with a dyno but if I were I'd love to see an immediate comparison done within 10 minutes of each other.
That would be the best possibility, just realize that you would have to have a road that you've already confirmed to be perfectly flat and free of imperfections for the V-Dyno run first. I don't think you have to have them spaced so close to each other, just ensure that you aren't doing one run at the coolest part of the morning and the other at the most humid part of the day.

I'm always surprised at how hard people try to disprove a free comparison tool. If you want bragging rights then the only true possibility is paying money for a 'real' dyno run, even though there's plenty of data slowing just how fallible those are as well. The only 'real' difference between the two is how much money you're out when all is said and done. For those of us who have a legitimate need for constant comparison and have hundreds of V-Dyno runs, that's literally thousands of dollars saved.

jeff

2000 Post Club
That would be the best possibility, just realize that you would have to have a road that you've already confirmed to be perfectly flat and free of imperfections for the V-Dyno run first. I don't think you have to have them spaced so close to each other, just ensure that you aren't doing one run at the coolest part of the morning and the other at the most humid part of the day.

I'm always surprised at how hard people thru to disprove a free comparison tool. If you want bragging rights then the only true possibility is paying money for a 'real' dyno run, even though there's plenty of data slowing just how fallible those are as well. The only 'real' difference between the two is how much money you're out when all is said and done. For those of us who have a legitimate need for constant comparison and have hundreds of V-Dyno runs, that's literally thousands of dollars saved.
I agree it is a great tool as long as it's not being compared to actual Dyno data for evidence. I've enjoyed using the virtual tool to compare my last few tune revisions.

FistSt215

Yea I did that and saved it . And still don't show up when I load my runs . I must be doing something wrong

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Yea I did that and saved it . And still don't show up when I load my runs . I must be doing something wrong
Are you selecting it from the Custom drop down or are you looking for it in the Ford selection? That's the only other guess I have with mine not loading.

FistSt215

Are you selecting it from the Custom drop down or are you looking for it in the Ford selection? That's the only other guess I have with mine not loading.
I think I was selecting from the ford drop again. I look for the custom drop next time I get on.

twolf

Does the Accessport have a limit to how many logs it can store? I just did a bunch and they aren't all on my AP... lol :(

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Does the Accessport have a limit to how many logs it can store? I just did a bunch and they aren't all on my AP... lol :(
I'm in the 80s with logs and have 10 or maps on it. Im sure there is a limit, but I've seen people in the hundreds with logs.

twolf

I'm in the 80s with logs and have 10 or maps on it. Im sure there is a limit, but I've seen people in the hundreds with logs.
Yeah, just did 16, and only 10 of them are actually on the AP. All of the ones I lose were 93 octane and I filled up with e30 to get some comparisons when I was done getting the 93 oct logs! So that sucks...

Edit, oops my serial is in that pic... IDK if that's bad...