Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Virtual Dyno Results Thread

haste

1000 Post Club
I swear I read somewhere the limit is 10 logs. I always delete them when I copy them to my computer so I've never run into an issue

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I swear I read somewhere the limit is 10 logs. I always delete them when I copy them to my computer so I've never run into an issue
Idk what the limit is, but it's def not 10. I have 8 times that on mine. [MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] may have found a limit.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I've stored way more than 10. The access port also stores tunes. So if you 20 tunes or more if could be eating into the datalog storeage space. I've never had that issue.
But.... I copy them onto the desk top so its not very often I go back later to get an older log off the AP.

Cyborg turbo, TBE, panda TR6 intercooler, drop in green filter.
245whp 293Tq V-dyno
13.3@104mph

twolf

If you look at the SS I posted there are only two tunes on the AP. I wish I'd known before I went out and did 16 logs, I would have brought my laptop with me.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I log lots of five-minute files and it handles them well, though I've never tried to max out a certain number of them. Now I think I'm going to log my whole drive home from work just to watch Datazap stress over the size.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

Today I learned that the AP will only hold 10 datalogs regardless of length.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey folks thought I'd post this here. I've enjoyed using my AP and it's logging capabilities a bit more since my custom tune and have been happy to experiment with V-dyno as well. So today OTW to work I took 4 logs. All of these are within 5 minutes of each other on the same flat country road accelerating from 2500-ish rpm to redline-ish in 2nd gear.

I wasn't expecting them to be exact but the discrepancy has got me seriously mistrusting V-dyno for even a simple comparison of my own tune revisions. 25HP and 53 TQ differences between these logs! Crazy.

I need to put this car on a real dyno and see what the numbers are. Maybe next time I'm over near Atlanta I'll head to TopSpeed, they are swell folks and have done me well in the past.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Yup, garbage in = garbage out. V-Dyno is just a math program; what you don't trust is yourself and your ability to keep the variables controlled.

If you're experiencing wheelspin, I would throw that run out the window. You should probably try for some third gear pulls. Same road, same starting RPM at the same stretch of said road. As long as this is consistent, the only other variables are weather conditions which can be corrected for.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Yup, garbage in = garbage out. V-Dyno is just a math program; what you don't trust is yourself and your ability to keep the variables controlled.
huh? How does what I posted have anything to do with garbage in garbage out? I completely trust myself and made it obvious that the variables were quite controlled. Not sure what you're saying here, I simply posted my 4 logs within 5 minutes...

jeff

2000 Post Club
If you're experiencing wheelspin, I would throw that run out the window. You should probably try for some third gear pulls. Same road, same starting RPM at the same stretch of said road. As long as this is consistent, the only other variables are weather conditions which can be corrected for.
That makes more sense, there was a bit of wheelspin but not much. I did 3rd gear pulls for my tune revisions but that's a bit harder to achieve, I was hoping 2nd gear pulls would work but with any wheelspin yes that is probably why I have such results.

I guess any datalog with any wheelspin does need to be tossed, thanks for the info.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
huh? How does what I posted have anything to do with garbage in garbage out? I completely trust myself and made it obvious that the variables were quite controlled. Not sure what you're saying here, I simply posted my 4 logs within 5 minutes...
How many times have you seen a dyno operator do a dyno in the wrong gear, spin the tires, do it multiple times, then complain about the Dynojet/Mustang dyno not being trustworthy and assert that they did their best...even though you're looking at the chart that blatantly says otherwise?

twolf

Your weight looks kinda high to me which will inflate your numbers as well.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Your weight looks kinda high to me which will inflate your numbers as well.
What's the fiesta st curb weight? I've seen 2720 and 2742 online. If Jeff weighs 220-240lbs his weight isn't too high.

Source: I weigh 220. Us chubby guys gotta stick up for one another

twolf

I used 2740.

I forget not everybody is small like me. Haha. I weigh like 105-110 depending on the day...