Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #201
Cyborg upgraded stock Turbocharger system

This is the last 3 trips to the dyno ( with different tunes on different days ) laid over each other as my tuning progressed.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #202
We also took a friend of mine's bone factory stock Focus ST. It's best run was 218whp

Pretty awesome results, and the virtual dyno was a pretty good approximation again. Keep up the good work.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #206
Was there a fan? Because those numbers dropped quickly?
They had a fan, but it just can't duplicate 95mph driving speed for 4th gear. It was kinda hot and muggy too since it rain about an hour before my run. So it had a -1 correction in the upper rpm and pulled timing. I'll post up the logs in a bit. I really haven't have much time to analyze anything since I got home at mid-night and had been up since 4;50am that morning. But I'll post everything. I also have the raw dyno files for all my runs and my friends stock focus.

My other friends V10 M5 made 418whp
My other friends 86' monticarlo with a 5.3L lsx swap made 238whp but it had a lean issue that caused the knock sensor to intervene.
2012 vette made 380whp, I think it was stock.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #207
Just a note... We also heat cycled the car like 4 times because the car kept freaking out at 3000rpm. Finally it hit me... Launch control uses the VSS to shut off when you start moving, and on a dyno, the rear wheels don't move. I quickly ditched my dyno tune for a older tune without launch control on...

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #208
Pretty awesome results, and the virtual dyno was a pretty good approximation again. Keep up the good work.
The 3 very different dyno's are from 3 different trips. One was cobb ots tune, one was my half-ass tune, and the 3rd one was a pretty good tune ( but didn't work perfect on the dyno like it does on the street ). And the lack of load may even have effected how much boost it ran, I want to say the max boost was 25.5psi, but I'll have to check :)

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I ran the files through the WinPep software.

Here is the highest run in corrected and uncorrected form.

Skittlez, what where the other two runs? Stock from another day or?

SAE Corrected, 73.71*F, 58% Humidity, Correction factor 0.98:

Uncorrected:

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #212
The other two files I sent you where the best of 3 pulls from the previous 2 trips to the dyno. One was cobb OTS stg3 93oct tune and the other was with my tune with the throttle shutting and running lean up top :)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #213
Hopefully I'll be able to get a dyno night in Jan or Feb that has some nice dyno weather.

Going to hit the drag strip Thursday :)

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Well, 12.65 is a bit lean too. ;)

It would be interesting to see what the car would do with an open intake.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #215
I'm gonna get around to the 2J style race intake next. I have a cobb drop-in right now; but its still running though all the stock stuff...

The compressor outlet pipe and intake are the only things I'm going to change ( maybe a bigger intercooler if someone builds a crash bar replacement soon ;) ).

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #216
And I'd like to change the 12.65 AFR, but not sure what else to do about it because... Tune wise... Not much I see I can turn up, other than move the rail pressure from 2600psi to 2700psi.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
What are your AFR targets in Accesstuner? Did you move them up to be more in line with what you actually want yet?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #218
Not to beat a dead horse, but... I wish I could have video'd the 2nd gear roll to 90mph with my friends Focus ST, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.