Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
i would love to one day see an "FP Black" Fiesta St making 500whp it would be sick. I have built, tuned and drove over 2 dozen FP black stock appearing turbo Evos that make anywhere from 450whp to 700whp. Pop the hood looks simple and know one has a clue. Its a beautiful thing.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
i would love to one day see an "FP Black" Fiesta St making 500whp it would be sick. I have built, tuned and drove over 2 dozen FP black stock appearing turbo Evos that make anywhere from 450whp to 700whp. Pop the hood looks simple and know one has a clue. Its a beautiful thing.

That is going to be so laggy on a 1.6L but I get where you are coming from. I wish we could just put a PT6262 on this car and rock it but it would suck on the 1.6L.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
That is going to be so laggy on a 1.6L but I get where you are coming from. I wish we could just put a PT6262 on this car and rock it but it would suck on the 1.6L.
I think with the right time and development to beable to rev 8k-8.5k that big of a turbo on e85 with 10:1cr would be nice. It will take a lot of time and r&d. Injection timing is critical at that rpm and the OEM's haven't perfected it yet.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I think with the right time and development to beable to rev 8k-8.5k that big of a turbo on e85 with 10:1cr would be nice. It will take a lot of time and r&d. Injection timing is critical at that rpm and the OEM's haven't perfected it yet.
Yea with a built motor and building a top end car it will be fine for sure. Even the Evos with 2.3L and PT6262 it's laggy. Of course, it's all relative.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
I was just fixing to bring rpm into that, lol. Rpm fixes all things "Evo". They have it all. 2.xL motors, 10 different aftermarket directions for 10 different issues, and close to 30years in 4G6x motor development. Want a bigger turbo? No problem, just turn the motor another 400rpms on the topend. Motor can't handle 400 more rpms? Call one of these 15 shops that sell 10 different parts to fix the issue keeping you from adding another 400rpm.

I'd argue only 2Jz has more "buy this, bolt it together, and load the tune i emailed you and you'll make YXX whp or 12x+ mph trap speeds. Traction is never an issue ( as long as you call one of 5 different driveline shops and order one of 6 different options to keep the stock parts together. And i maybe wrong about the 2Jz, lol. A 2jZ swapped in .... ANYTHING with a turbo 400 and ford rear is.... Zzzzzzz land to me. Why not just buy a 82' camaro and put a turbo v8 in it? Its about just as rare as a 2JZ anymore. But some reason, I still get excited over 4g63 powered cars ( mostly non-evo/dsm based rwd or odd swap cars). I like to see ecotec GM motors making 800hp or more. Automatic fwd SRT4/neon/caravans are awesome.

I get what your trying to do Razor. I get that your trying to "rub" me into getting things done. But what it really LOOKS like your trying to do is question my product period. And I really its hard to draw conclusions without the "Y" to plug into "X". My car is prob a poor example of the "Y", lol, but its what I got :)

Truth is... My car has the worst of everything for this test. No intercooler, all this stock stuff, large tires that I do not regret, but they do come with a power trade off that has been VERY obvious since the first day I put them on ( people can look into my history and dates to see where I posted about them and power loss many a few months ago ). I have the worst climate ( other than pike's peak type places ). And no true baseline ( my fault ). I also have no tuning. I got one table from a tuner once (which is irrelevant since I installed the second WG spring ). Other than that, as Razor has pointed out, I'm no "pro-tuner". I'm getting by just fine, I'm happy with results, but a $150 tune would/will go a long way when my car's hardware is there (intercooler, inlet, filter, real wastegate, hot pipe ). So i don't expect much. 215whp with most the aftermarket parts and a pro-tune is about the record, right?

If Rick's car fails to impress. I'll pack it up tomorrow, lol ( no pressure Rick, lol ).

razorlab

1000 Post Club
sourskittle,

I've offered a couple times to help you tune the car and help you with the upgraded turbo. I guess I'll man up here and be transparent and say this. I've offered this a couple times and it really felt like you just pushed me away. This is most likely the reason why I tease you about this stuff. I'm excited about what you are doing and want to help you push the platform. I've also voiced this.

btw, 4G63T/4G61T has been around more like 26 years, not 30 but that's splitting hairs. Don't forget the 4B11's ;) I can tune 4G63T/4G61T/4B11T SOB's in my sleep and have literally lived and breathed them for 21 years.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Sourskittle turbo kit + razorlab tuning = marriage made in heaven.[lovest]

FocusMike

sourskittle,

I've offered a couple times to help you tune the car and help you with the upgraded turbo. I guess I'll man up here and be transparent and say this. I've offered this a couple times and it really felt like you just pushed me away. This is most likely the reason why I tease you about this stuff. I'm excited about what you are doing and want to help you push the platform. I've also voiced this.

btw, 4G63T/4G61T has been around more like 26 years, not 30 but that's splitting hairs. Don't forget the 4B11's ;) I can tune 4G63T/4G61T/4B11T SOB's in my sleep and have literally lived and breathed them for 21 years.
[MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] don't let this offer slip by, grass roots projects works well when the community gets involved. Give the man a chance to see what your kit can really put out.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
sourskittle,

I said "close to 30 years", lol. And i was thinking of the colt 4g61-T ( LOVE IT ). My personal built choice would be an AWD 1990 Laser RS (everyone hates them, lol ).

Razor, I'm sure if felt disrespectful. But you have to see where I was sitting on that one. I had emailed/PM Alex from Stratified and Panda Tuning for MONTHS about supporting our platform and tuning this turbo with datalogs being exclusive to them if they would tune MY CAR and RICK'S CAR for free. Then they could attached a base tune option to my turbo and charge something really reasonable and get 100% of the profit. They make profit, I have a tune to point to for my turbo product, we both win.

No hard feelings with anyone, but that didn't happen. No one wanted to put time into the fist because it uses a slightly different wastegate setup and honestly, they can tune focus ST's with the same bolt-ons with their eyes closed. Less effort daily, and same profit.

You have to see where i was... Alex from Stratified or someone semi-randomly off the forum.

The way it panned out... Alex basically pointed me in a general direction, and that was it. Emailed were returned on a 1 per 5-8 days basis. He had a ton going on, no hard feelings. At the sametime I was trying to keep the datalogs exclusive to him, because that was going to be the deal. Since then....

If precision turbo joined the forums and offered the same turbo as me for $750, where you guys get your turbos built at? Lol. I wasn't meaning to be disrespectful, but if you get on the focus ST forum, you'll see he's extremely experienced and transparent. I would have loved to attach his back ground/name to the base tune for like $80, then add $70 for custom tune by him and everyone wins.

Instead... Since I put the time in, for now at least, I'll email anyone with access tuner my base file free, its mine to give out. And turns out, you can EXTREMELY safely run the stg3 OTS tune, so.... That is what it is.

That being said, I'm not opposed at all to letting Razor tune my setup ( and I'll send anyone my wastegate table base tune to check out. Long story short, I take out a few more "limiters", add desired tip max, raise desired tip min, and revise the entire WG map from around 70% to 85%-70%-75% ). But that's not really record breaking news...

I'm fine with putting the car on the tune with the tune I have.

Its likely going to need some love anyway after I change the wastegate to the EFR 19psi wastegate anyway, and I have no issue letting Razor work his magic on it.

I think Randy quoted Rick like $400-$500. So with that kinda of cost added to both the ATP turbo and Cyborg turbo, you guys can see why it would have been a big deal to have an option like Alex for $100-$150. Like I said, turns out, its not a world ender to spend $0 on a tune and just run stage3 until you can afford or justify (both in my case ) to have a big name tuner tune it.

So while I can super see why it may have felt or seemed like I was turning down free help from Razor, what I was really trying to do is, turn it into a plus for everyone by using what I feel like is the best tuner for these Ford's.

iso100

1000 Post Club
So, are you going to take the offer for a Razor tune now?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
I will after I install my perminate solution EFR wastegate. The $3 extra spring is getting me by, but its not a "forever fix" so no since in getting too fancy of a tune.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52

Touching it up a bit. Not bad for 95 degrees outside :)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
Cobbs new boost controls and map switching is bad ass !! Wish I had this 3 weeks ago !!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55
Damn, that's impressive especially for the weather!!
After looking at the log, it pinged a little. -1.42 on 1 cylinder at like 5500rpms. I used cobbs new timing controls to take a bit out. Then again... I had a lot of weight in the car and it was super hot out.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Cobbs new boost controls and map switching is bad ass !! Wish I had this 3 weeks ago !!
Yea it's super nice. I was waiting to buy the GT2560R until they released it. I've been talking to Braden so I may or may not knew it was coming. ;)

Be sure to check out the 3D Timing comp, 3D TIP max, and all the very cool compensation tables, and also the different strategy modes. It almost feels like I'm tuning an Evo again. ;)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #57
I'm worried that it may be better at getting me to my desired tip max. Mine is set to 37psi. Of course it never gets there. If I turn it down, it adds lag and drops about 5-10psi at any give rpm.

I'm worried that now that cobbs new controls are "engaged", I'm worried it may grant my desire at hit 37psi, lol.

So... Solution?

Removed timing where I wanted on map 1. Removed -2 degrees global on map 2, and map 3 has the desired tip max set to 28psi incase the new controls kick too much ass, lol.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
Razor I can email you the datalogs. 2 laptops and an iphone, now all 3 refuse to work properly on datazap.me

razorlab

1000 Post Club
You can set it so it runs purely off the WGDC maps without error correction. That's a nice feature for tuning the shape of your boost curve via WGDC without compensations.

Yea it's super nice. I was waiting to buy the GT2560R until they released it. I've been talking to Braden so I may or may not knew it was coming. ;)

Be sure to check out the 3D Timing comp, 3D TIP max, and all the very cool compensation tables, and also the different strategy modes. It almost feels like I'm tuning an Evo again. ;)
You really like the 2560 over the 2860??

Status
Not open for further replies.