Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
You really like the 2560 over the 2860??
I'll let you know. :) Honestly I think the 2860 is too big for the 1.6L and what I want. I want a responsive turbo and just 250-280whp. I am also hoping to continue to run E30-E40. The GT2554 is too small while I think the 2560 is just right for my needs.

If I was going for big horsepower I would get the GTX2860R.

I've done the oversize turbo thing before, they suck on the street.

I'll let you know. :) Honestly I think the 2860 is too big for the 1.6L and what I want. I want a responsive turbo and just 250-280whp. I am also hoping to continue to run E30-E40. The GT2554 is too small while I think the 2560 is just right for my needs.

If I was going for big horsepower I would get the GTX2860R.

I've done the oversize turbo thing before, they suck on the street.

Gotcha, sounds reasonable!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
Razor. Quick and informative. Any reason I wouldn't want to set the WGDC MAX (Closed WG) to 100%?
Seems to me there is not reason to fear the wastegate closing 100% to aid spool.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
A few questions.

Silicone hose to connect elbow to intake pipe?
Are you working on a tune to provide with this turbo?
Is one of those mine?

Dave

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #66
No Dave. Those are just random turbo's we have at the shop :)
The inlet is built to hook directly to stock or aftermarket air intakes, so it needs no modding to anything or extra parts :)
And the truth is, a stage3 OTS 93oct cobb tune runs pretty good, aside from that, I'm working with a pro-tuner in a couple weeks after I install an intercooler. I believe they are going to offer a tune very cheap and it will be custom to your car :)

But the cobb tune works well. If you happen to have access tuner software, I'll give you my base tune for free. I just can't GIVE you anything the pro- tuner does for me ( or sell it, its not mine to sell :) ).

Dave I'm looking at your turbo Monday, all those turbos are... Srt4, many velositor turbos, VW turbo, and some odd ones.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Ahhh skittle you have no idea how bad i want to have my turbo done. i know shipping will be a bitch. i think it would be less costly for me to ship from and receive in the USA. im only 3 hours from the border.

we'll talk soon enough i hope about setting something up.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #69
Just got a little second gear roll action with a friend of mine.
He has a 5k mile 2014 focus ST with mrpp (or whatever) exhaust, and cobb stage1. Besides that, its stock.

From 30mph to 120mph at the air strip by our house, I put about 1 1/2 car lengths on him :)

Focus ST is one sweet ride though... Just a little out of my price range and weight range :)

razorlab

1000 Post Club
My little fiesta did the same thing on the straights at Thunderhill with my friends stage 1 focus ST.

Weight is a big deal ;)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #71
That's awesome Razor. All my friends with stock+tune/exhaust fiesta ST's get their butt's kicked by the focus ST from any type of roll, essp not upto 120mph.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #73
True. But the eth station is 30 miles from me and as much as everyone may not want to hear it, im not sure if the stock fuel system can keep up any type of Eth mix and 24psi at 6300rpms

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Since I will be using studs and nuts on the inlet side of the turbo because of the new inlet elbow.
I have decided to also use studs and nuts on the downpipe side.
Some people have reported problems removing the OE bolts.
This way I might eliminate some future problems.

Dave

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Cyborg upgraded stock Turbocharger system

Since I will be using studs and nuts on the inlet side of the turbo because of the new inlet elbow.

Dave
Sounds like a good idea! I was one of those people. The bolt was seized and broke off.

Sekred

1000 Post Club

Dave
Not a bad idea. You will need to use high tensile stainless steel for your studs and a suitable nut. Black studs or coated studs won't survive the high turbo temps and will fail after a period of time because of thermal fatigue issues.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am sure that ARP will have what I need.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.