Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #105

Pretty cool. 197hp Fiesta ST stock compressor wheel vs 190hp 1990 4G63T TD05-14B.

Just random cool pic :)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #107
Scary to think what the fist would be with an equally sized turbo from the factory, lol.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Disclaimer, this post is about possibilities and current results, not absolutely correct HP and torque numbers though things are looking quite promising.

91 Octane tune is mostly done now but need to make a bit of adjustment now that I have cyl #1 indexed, will finish that after the Torco tune.

My altitude, 5,000ft, not sure what VD was set at by the tuner, I have asked that he correct all info.
My weight, approx 2800 lbs, it was set at 2920 which will make the numbers higher
My tires, 24.3, taller than the VD setting, not sure it that will raise or lower the numbers
91 Octane
Air temp was approx 30 degrees

First pic is VD with several tunes shown but not the final 91 tune, will have that info once we get the Torco tune dune and tweak the 91 for the plug change and set up the correct car info.

I had to let off on the last run due to traffic, could not ensure no police that could catch me.

----------------

102 Torco first run.
Notes:
no changes to 91 tune, air temp approx 30 degrees as well, same road, same direction, no winds as above, etc....
only change made was to correct #1 cyl plug indexing so it was the same as the rest, 6 o'clock and mixing the best estimate I could to get 102 Octane, it could be a point lower.

--------------------------------

I have the first tune file to install and run but waiting on the weather to clear up.

--------------------------------

I wonder what the real cutoff is on gains from higher octane?

I can mix to 102 for track use, very affordable and easy to carry it around but if the gains slow down to barely worth while past a certain octane point I may as well go for that and save the money and carry less Torco around.....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #109
Still lots of timing on the table with race gas or E30+ mixes Rick, but dang, those are some beautiful curves !! Be glad you have sticky tires and an LSD. My 235's no longer stand a chance from a roll (in the cooler weather ), and 3rd gear stays hooked up but torque steers me unless its a flat flat flat road ( side to side wise ).

razorlab

1000 Post Club
My altitude, 5,000ft, not sure what VD was set at by the tuner, I have asked that he correct all info.
My weight, approx 2800 lbs, it was set at 2920 which will make the numbers higher
My tires, 24.3, taller than the VD setting, not sure it that will raise or lower the numbers
The 120lbs difference would be around -10hp/-12tq. The tire diameter setting is the biggest change. Going from 23.457 to 24.3 is around -15hp/-20tq

So if you accurately set vdyno, your highest power numbers would be more around 205whp/200wtq. Would be interesting to see how close it would be switching to real settings in the software.

Also have no idea what your gearing settings are, and if they are correct or not.

I do know it would be more helpful to post more accurate vdyno graphs. I know you stated that you will, please do.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #112
Or.... Dun dun dun !!!!! Anyone actually goes to a real dyno, lmao

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
It was pulling hard enough I shift at 6500 but it hits higher before I can react in 3rd gear, I keep hitting 6800 or so and look at the power, not dropping hardly at all.

I think we have pretty good evidence the little cyborg can put some serious air through it at high RPM:)

With reduced weight the numbers will drop a bit, I just weighed the car but it will weigh around 60 lbs more when done.

Weight details will be posted with pics of the scales in my build thread shortly.

2568lbs with 5/8th tank of gas
2744 when I am in the car

When done it will be right around 2618 in street trim and back to around 2568 in track trim.

This is a loaded car with Recaro seats, sunroof, LSD, oil cooler, OCC, splitter, undertray, subframe brace...not bad at all:)

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Yea would be interesting to see how close to 205whp it would really do. Personally I think 205whp in a tiny turbo car at 5,000 feet ain't bad at all.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am still learning this VD stuff, just barely have a clue but I think I have all the right data including below.

Car weight, 2568
Occupant weight, 176
Tire Diameter, 24.3
Gear, 3rd, 1.357
Final drive ratio, 3.82
Smoothing, 3
Drag, .32
Frontal, 22.9
Altitude? I do not see a setting for that very important parameter, I forget the correction factor needed to at least do this manually.

Now it shows 222 HP and 226 ft lbs

I need to learn how to convert it into a pic I can post here, still a very nice curve.

Any changes, suggestions, to ensure I am doing this right would be great:)

(I am asking the tuner for some help as the numbers at 2800lbs came in a 241 and 244, to ensure I am doing something right and making sure he has all my correct info)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Actually the car is very quick for being at this altitude. I remember when I took my tuned Forester XT down to sea level and nearly ran off the road just getting on it a bit from a stop sign onto a 2 lane side road, really caught me off guard!

300 ft lbs on an AWD dyno up here with 444 gears was far quicker a 50 ft elevation:)

It was the boxer engine that drove me away from that car I loved, very very modded for everything but big power as it just costs to much to build a subby time bomb.

OK, as I have been prone to do, rambling a bit........just one more thing I probably have posted before, first turbo 1zz Matrix ever, 250whp at sea level, was plenty of power and great fun even climbing a dirt mountain road later when I moved to NoCal, very fun, I would of needed AWD to use any more power than it had.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #117

This is a screen shot with 19degrees of timing, 24psi at 6100rpm on E30 fuel ( based on 89oct gas ).

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I'd recommend finding MBT for the car at those RPM before you continue to dial in more timing on the street

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #119
Razor its pretty clear I'm no pro-tuner, what's the difference ? Timing is timing and the ecu is still adding in timing its self. Its not knocking ( pulling timing ) and that's 24psi at 6100rpm.

I'm asking to be educated, not disagreeing. What's difference between getting there with BL timing or MBT ? I've used a bit of both to get there, but more so BL timing because that's what its saying the "spark limit source" is.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Razor its pretty clear I'm no pro-tuner, what's the difference ? Timing is timing and the ecu is still adding in timing its self. Its not knocking ( pulling timing ) and that's 24psi at 6100rpm.

I'm asking to be educated, not disagreeing. What's difference between getting there with BL timing or MBT ? I've used a bit of both to get there, but more so BL timing because that's what its saying the "spark limit source" is.
Yup I understand.

I am talking about MBT of the motor, not the MBT timing table. You can not knock and go past MBT with Ethanol. Once past MBT, cylinder pressure is exponential and you can blow stuff up pretty fast. The ECU won't stop you.

The easiest way for us to find MBT is to get on a chassis dyno and add timing until you no longer see torque gains or see any losses. Then dial back a degree or three for safety.

http://papers.sae.org/2003-01-3266/

Status
Not open for further replies.