Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #121
Ok I got ya. I've actually been using the V-dyno ( with ugly plots ) and its been moving up and up but I have been focusing more on how much timing it will take before seeing knock.

Its also been 80+ degrees here so I've been reluctant about moving the boost up, even though it makes more and more power everywhere when i move it up, want I don't want is that in 3 days from now, when the temp drops, suddenly, I end up running 27+ psi.

On top of this... I'll be back to 93oct in 2 days, lol. Basically have zero work done on the 93oct tune with the bigger cooler since I screwed up with putting 89oct in the car. Still can't believe I did that.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Ok I got ya. I've actually been using the V-dyno ( with ugly plots ) and its been moving up and up but I have been focusing more on how much timing it will take before seeing knock.
Don't tune Ethanol by knock threshold. That is what I am saying, you can easily go past MBT before seeing knock and break stuff. I also wouldn't use vdyno to find MBT.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #126
Its pretty hot here... 80+ degrees. But it did get a little warm.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #129
I was going by the dash while moving ( shrugs ) lol. It says 75 now and we're fixing to
Get pounded by rain. Cleaning box now ( always happens ).

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
What about working with the cam timing, maybe help bring up the boost at lower RPMs?

It has been quite some time but I recall reading about it, just not the details on what to do on a boosted engine.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #131

This is the car's weight with nothing in it at all on the scales. I'm 210lbs ( I've gotten fat lately, lol ). And I have an easy 40lbs of tools and car parts in the hatch ( plus two car seats and random stuff ). The rest of the settings can straight off the spec sheet everyone else uses in the "V-dyno" thread on this forum for gearing etc.

Peak torques's's's.

Peak horsepower. It actually made more than 230hp starting at 5800rpms until I clicked the AP and shifted into 4th ( which you can't see of course ). It made over 200hp from 4300rpms until I shifted.

This was the lowest the torque dropped after peak, at over 6200rpms.

E30 fuel ( slap full tank of gas actually ).
Dash said 53 degrees outside.

These runs were the 1st and 3rd runs. The #2 run was on a beta map I'm trying out as I go using Cobb's wastegate table instead of the standard one.

Pretty cool though i thought... So I figured I'd share.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Damn fine!

Your are getting to the point of not much use for more power unless on slicks at the strip:)

I believe you are still on a stock intake, stock engine mount, etc.....it takes power to twist and engine in the mounts like it does on stock ones, just as it takes up some power twisting front suspension bushings.

And all this makes a car less responsive to our commands as well which makes it feel quicker whether or not that is the case.

Not sure how much power is used and maybe it is just momentarily until they stop moving but it would happen each time we shift.

Again, Damn fine results, keep it up:):)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #134
Cyborg upgraded stock Turbocharger system

Just looked at the log its self... Throttle closed a bit at 4700rpms to 5300rpms, then opened back up until it closed again at 5500rpms to 5800rpms.

Simple fix.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
And all this makes a car less responsive to our commands as well which makes it feel quicker whether or not that is the case.
What on gods babies jesus's earth are you f'in going on about?

Bryan, nice looking curves now.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #136
Just to update anyone not totally living, breathing, eating fiestaforums like some of us...

My mods are...
Complete cyborg turbo system ( see post #1 in this thread ).
Stock intake with a cobb drop-in green filter.
Panda motorworks beta FMIC based off a treadstone TR6 core.
Sound syposer deleted
And of course access race tuner software tuned by Me (with the help of a few others poking me in the right direction).
Miltek catless downpipe and custom 3" catback (flowmaster)
2J race hardness RRM bushing in a stock mount.

Stock charge pipes, stock spark plugs, stock wheels/brakes.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I forgot about the 2J engine mount, they really do help and it has been proven on a dyno and makes absolute sense, if you have any that is;)

Edited, anything that stiffens up the drivetrain reduces loss of torque, not talking about a specific brand.

VERY good numbers on a stock based tiny turbo modded out......:)

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I'll personally offer up a blow job to anyone that can personally prove a motor mount can gain horsepower when strapped down to a dyno. What a load of absolute horse crap.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
A grease less CV would make a pretty tiny difference but it might, if you can find a way to verify the results:)

It could add a bit of drag, friction, whatever, might need a specialized engineer to quantify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.