Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have to edit this, I reread a few posts:)

Gain, seems the only one that said that was not me so whom might this be aimed at;)

If you understand the simple rules of physics you can understand it takes energy to move something, if not in acceleration then it is spent elsewhere, winding up an engine does not make a car move forward faster, pretty simple.

I am on the side that says you lose HP twisting an engine but really I should of said torque but wait, I only said...

Anybody here have a real answer?

Not yet;)

I can see on a dyno, which is no more than a basic at best tuning tool, where the the initial load to wind up the whole drive train would be at the start of the run but once wound up it would not longer read but that does not negate the power lost for the initial wind up, it is there and will be there every time a car is accelerated on the dyno or real world use.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Rick, are you volunteering to do this dyno test? I have razorlab on record as offering his services if you can prove your point.[readthis]

Anybody here have a real answer?

Not yet;)

iso100

1000 Post Club
Seeing that there might be a maximum of 0.02 degrees of deflection with a squishy or worn mount and the engine would be turning at at least 3000 RPM during the dyno pull, any instantaneous torque loss due to the engine shifting would happen over a millisecond and would be immeasurable.

No razorlab blowjobs. Sorry.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Seeing that there might be a maximum of 0.02 degrees of deflection with a squishy or worn mount and the engine would be turning at at least 3000 RPM during the dyno pull, any instantaneous torque loss due to the engine shifting would happen over a millisecond and would be immeasurable.

No razorlab blowjobs. Sorry.
Darn I was getting all excited, people offering up BJ's and stuff [bash]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Dyn, best post on this subject yet, thanks:)

-----------------
I do have to say .02 degrees does not seem accurate as even with a trans mount I built and the Cobb engine mount mine rotated enough to have the mount hit the subframe brace I built that was a good 3/8" in rotation away from it, I had to make a 1/2" notch to ensure it no longer hit.

-----------------

I do not think I am wrong, I would gladly admit it if so as I have been wrong more than enough times in my life and will continue doing so over the years but we are all entitled to our own ideas, thoughts and opinions, as long as displayed respectfully;)

----------------
Have a great Thanksgiving:)

Rick

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Back to the topic at hand, the great little Cyborg turbo, love mine, having a tuning issue though with #1 cyl pulling timing so not able to optimize the +-102 Octane Torco tune. Right now barely making more power than on 91 which is showing around 220WHP now that we have the correct data loaded on my cars actual weight, etc.....but at 5200 ft elevation on 91, that is pretty good!

I am posting the tuning issue in the appropriate forum, please check it out.

Rick

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #155
Cyborg upgraded stock Turbocharger system

We hit a bit of a super cold snap last night, this was my black-Friday log leaving the house. Dash temp said 44degree outside I think.

Peak torque

Where it started making above 200whp

It actually never stopped making more that 232whp at 6500rpms

Basic shape of the curve

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #157
I just got a chance to look at another log on the V-dyno as well. Made a little less torque ( I think the pcm adjust for the temp a little better and reduced the boost PID a little bit ), but it made better power up top.

Peak power

Power curve ( still made 200ft.lbs at 27xx rpms ).

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #158
Cyborg upgraded stock Turbocharger system

Just went through the logs a bit more on break ( yes, I work today ).

It actually shut the throttle still at 4800rpms and opened it back up at 5400rpms. This time it wasn't the "load to torque/ torque to load" tables, it was the "low speed pre-ignition" setting.

Still tuning... :)

Also changed the AFR request from 11.20 to 11.80. And bumped the hpfp pump pressure from 2500psi to 2600psi to try and curb the leaning out I'm getting above 6200rpms or so. 12.9 is as lean as it goes, which is too lean for my blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.