Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Too bad this wasn't all around when I bought my package, could have saved myself from dealing with a #%ck[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Too bad this wasn't all around when I bought my package, could have saved myself from dealing with a #%ck[emoji23][emoji23]

Hey I'm sure he is a nice guy and somewhere out there someone will love him lol

Russ

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Hey I'm sure he is a nice guy and somewhere out there someone will love him lol

Russ

Best to just keep quiet and move on - unless you like ruffling feathers.

When someone speaks ill of another, and seems to take pleasure in doing so, it makes me think less of that individual. Just saying.

Based

I have a question about intercoolers. Do intercoolers start becoming less efficient once power gets higher and higher or is cooling all the same at any power level?

For example. Say one intercooler will keep stock power right at ambient. When that power increases, will that same intercooler also lose cooling ability and only be able to cool it to say 10 over ambient?

The reason I am asking in this thread is because I am wondering if I should go balls out and get the DHM race one or just get a cheaper one

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I have a question about intercoolers. Do intercoolers start becoming less efficient once power gets higher and higher or is cooling all the same at any power level?

For example. Say one intercooler will keep stock power right at ambient. When that power increases, will that same intercooler also lose cooling ability and only be able to cool it to say 10 over ambient?
The more boost, the more heat is generated. The more heat generated the harder it is for your intercooler to keep things cool. Things like design of intercooler (Bar & Plate or Tube & Fin), design of the endtanks, and overall internal volume of the intercooler and how air is forced into the intercooler will all play a big role in whether or not said intercooler can keep temps down due to increased boost which is the cause of the extra heat.

I've seen logs of Sour Skittle's turbo (which puts down around 361WHP) and during his WOT pull ambient only went up 12 degrees. He runs the DHM Race Intercooler.So the more heat the less efficient said intercooler will be. The higher your charge temps get, the more power you lose. You want to keep your charge temps as low as possible, therefore choosing the right intercooler for your vehicle is paramount. I'm going to be going DHM Full Race. If I could do it all over again I would've gone this route to begin with.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Definitely in for videos!
Russ did a base map to get me thru the week on 93. Hit dyno Monday for 93 tune with him as well. Can't believe how this just pulls all the way to 7k.
Another satisfied Sour Skittle customer[twothumb].

It ain't much, but i have a little video posted about my initial impressions of the C39 along with some other parts in my build if you wanna check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVP_k9QEUjA

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm going to be going DHM Full Race. If I could do it all over again I would've gone this route to begin with.
In other words, IF there is even an outside chance that I may eventually go to a C39 kit, go with the DHM Race IC/crash bar setup (over let's say a CP-E), despite the added cost, and possible pressure drop with a factory baby snail??

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
In other words, IF there is even an outside chance that I may eventually go to a C39 kit, go with the DHM Race IC/crash bar setup (over let's say a CP-E), despite the added cost, and possible pressure drop with a factory baby snail??
Depends on what type of use the car will get. If you plan on tracking it as do I and will be in the upper RPM quite a bit, then yes I would. You may lose 1psi of pressure over the CP-e due to the size of the intercooler, but gain around 15 degree cooler charge temps in the upper RPM. The amount of power you would gain with the cooler charge temps would far outweigh the loss of 1psi based on the larger DHM intercooler. This was an issue for me (or so I thought) when I went from a large top mount intercooler on my Subaru to a front mount. The front mount was almost twice as big therefore 1psi pressure drop measured over the top mount I was running, but the difference in charge temps was enourmous, around 22 degrees which meant I could run more boost which meant way more power, which meant bigger[grinking] Now if it was going to just be a street car/canyon carver, then the CP-e or just about any of the other aftermarket FMICs should fit the bill.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have the Depo and intend to run it with the C39. This is my daily and will only see occasional high boost when the mood strikes or when canyon carving. If you race, then DHM's namesake holds true...still the go to IC in a competition setting.

Starting to feel like xmas around here fellas. Keep those videos and results comin! [woot]

Depends on what type of use the car will get. If you plan on tracking it as do I and will be in the upper RPM quite a bit, then yes I would. You may lose 1psi of pressure over the CP-e due to the size of the intercooler, but gain around 15 degree cooler charge temps in the upper RPM. The amount of power you would gain with the cooler charge temps would far outweigh the loss of 1psi based on the larger DHM intercooler. This was an issue for me (or so I thought) when I went from a large top mount intercooler on my Subaru to a front mount. The front mount was almost twice as big therefore 1psi pressure drop measured over the top mount I was running, but the difference in charge temps was enourmous, around 22 degrees which meant I could run more boost which meant way more power, which meant bigger[grinking] Now if it was going to just be a street car/canyon carver, then the CP-e or just about any of the other aftermarket FMICs should fit the bill.
^^^I agree. I am daily driver and prefer quiet exhaust. I have stock exhaust and DHM factory fit FMIC. Should be a good comparison to the other numbers we have seen. I do some occasional track days.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.