Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if I can get an opinion from other Cyborg owners..

I'll be getting my C39 in the near future and I'm wondering I should get an aftermarket bypass valve (recirc or open/partially open) and a different wastegate than the EFR 19psi that comes with the C39? I guess I have two questions...

1) Can the stock bypass valve handle the amount of additional boost I'm going to be seeing with the C39 + Ethanol tune WITHOUT leaking boost.

2) Anyone rocking the EFR 19psi wastegate and felt or have data to support getting a different wastegate like the DHM 17psi?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club

I'll be getting my C39 in the near future and I'm wondering I should get an aftermarket bypass valve (recirc or open/partially open) and a different wastegate than the EFR 19psi that comes with the C39? I guess I have two questions...

1) Can the stock bypass valve handle the amount of additional boost I'm going to be seeing with the C39 + Ethanol tune WITHOUT leaking boost.

2) Anyone rocking the EFR 19psi wastegate and felt or have data to support getting a different wastegate like the DHM 17psi?
If you're going as far as to upgrade the turbo, you might as well spend the extra $300 to get the most out of the turbo

I say get the turbosmart iwg and gfb dirverter valve thing

For the price diff I went with my C39 right through sour skittles. Got the 19psi wg and a ported and coated manifold. I've read the stock DV can hold but I don't trust it. I've seen good things on either the turbo smart valve or the gfb and it cures the surge in light throttle you get from the stock DV with a plate. Just like mentioned at that point what's another 300 even I it means you wait a month to put the turbo on. Do it once and be done. I bought stuff each month for the past 3 months to make it easier on my finances but to also do it better/right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,165
Well... I can't help it. I don't have a "build thread" to show off, so I'm posting it here. But I guess it's relevant since I'll be running it to hurt a lot of feelings soon.

I picked up this stainless tig welded 3" turbo back exhaust today. All mandrel bends. Two magnaflo mufflers ( one straight thru ). It's suck high quality. It was built by a local company called LHT, and I've see their work pop up from time to time and it's always been super high quality stuff.

Anyway, seeing it in person now, I'm super excited with how nice it is.

http://lhtperformance.net/documents/exhaust.html

Pete

Well... I can't help it. I don't have a "build thread" to show off, so I'm posting it here. But I guess it's relevant since I'll be running it to hurt a lot of feelings soon.

I picked up this stainless tig welded 3" turbo back exhaust today. All mandrel bends. Two magnaflo mufflers ( one straight thru ). It's suck high quality. It was built by a local company called LHT, and I've see their work pop up from time to time and it's always been super high quality stuff.

Anyway, seeing it in person now, I'm super excited with how nice it is.

http://lhtperformance.net/documents/exhaust.html
I love v bands on an exhaust system. Looks awesome! I am sure it will sound awesome too!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
About F'in time buddy:):)

Looks great!

I have been running a Vband fabricated 3" SS, DIY exhaust for over 2.5 years, added a Vband before the muffler and built a straight pipe for the track as well:)

Looking forward to the numbers of course!!!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,168
My old setup was a 3" crush bend with flow master muffler and vibrant resonator. Downpipe to catback was V-band but the rest was welded in.

When I went to the Volvo turbo, It was the same thing, other than the stock muffler was re-installed to make it silent. Still made 360~ whp.

But I couldn't let this one pass me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Super SWEET! [thumb]

LOVE the v-bands, and the only (very small, and it matters little where you are located) critique I have is that the Magnaflow mufflers/resonators, as great as they sound and function, are only made in 400 series stainless steel, not 304.
(As far as I know, unless this has changed recently??)

IF I were having one made up for me where I live, it would be the same as yours, except that I would use the quietest Borla, or Stainless Works/Burns mufflers I could find, for their full 304 series construction.

How many pre-orders/group buy committers would they need to do a big run of these systems, or are they just not capable of doing volume runs like that presently?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I'll be pulling my turbo tomorrow to get sent in for the upgrade. The original cyborg has served me well but it's time for the c39. Anyone else upgraded from the cyborg to the c39? Impressions?
I sold my cyborg to someone local and he is going to send it to bryan for the c39 upgrade in the next few months

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Mine is out and headed to Brian tomorrow! Full port and upgrade. My tuner will def push it's limits like the cyborg!

Status
Not open for further replies.