Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUX15ST

yeah not trying to sling mudd either just my honest feedback from what ive seen on here as a whole, and what happened with the other guys X37 and tune

DvC

I hate to be that guy but....

Looks like there are now at least 2 forum members with roached engines when using a hybrid. Is this a serious concern, or can we chalk those two up too bad luck? I'm not trying to stir the pot, just genuinely curious.
if you look at the VDYNOs of some of the guys using hybrids you can see there AFR go haywire towards the higher RPMs. Seems really dangerous to me to run it so close to the edge.

check out the difference in AFRs in these

vs

grnmachine02

Ah. I never picked up on that before. I feel like the AFR on that first vdyno is close enough to the edge that a tank of borderline fuel would be enough to cause some issues. Granted, I'm just speculating on that.

Also, I should say that I understand that you gotta pay to play, and that there are risks associated with any modifications one does.

DvC

Ah. I never picked up on that before. I feel like the AFR on that first vdyno is close enough to the edge that a tank of borderline fuel would be enough to cause some issues. Granted, I'm just speculating on that.

Also, I should say that I understand that you gotta pay to play, and that there are risks associated with any modifications one does.
its not even a question. Frankies VDYNO thread is full of VDYNOs that show the same thing. just asking for trouble. I have a feeling thats why my VDYNOs are lower than the rest of the hybrids i have seen is because mine isnt run to the ragged edge. i would rather have 10-20HP less and have a motor than the other way around. I am glad DHM is tuning my car conservative.

grnmachine02

its not even a question. Frankies VDYNO thread is full of VDYNOs that show the same thing. just asking for trouble. I have a feeling thats why my VDYNOs are lower than the rest of the hybrids i have seen is because mine isnt run to the ragged edge. i would rather have 10-20HP less and have a motor than the other way around. I am glad DHM is tuning my car conservative.
I'm with you. I'll be going through DHM for my hybrid, and I also would rather have safety over max power.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Ryan at pd tuned mine. Moving 33lbs a min on e30. No corrections and it flat out hauls. Spoke with Cobb and Ryan. The injectors are the limiter.

Pete

Thank you for this reply, it has honestly calmed me down a bit. I agree with you 100% he is a busy busy guy. It makes me happy to know that someone with as much dedication and devotion to the business is working on my baby. I want him and only him to tune my car after everything I have been through and just needed to vent. I will also defend DHM but that doesn't mean that I can't complain about the time it takes. I wish he would just call me and say, hey look I have a lot of shit going on and I won't get to your car until at least X date. Instead it is just a lot of unanswered calls and texts and short of flying up there, there isn't anything I can do. Stuck in car tuning limbo. Well, other than post here for group therapy.
This is what I know and saw when I was up at DHM back in December. Cory is their fabricator/welder and spends literally all day welding downpipes, turbo manifolds, crashbars, intercoolers, etc... Shane is their tech who does installs, bends the tubing for the crash bars, pieces together the kits and makes sure everything it together. Then Ronald is DHM's E tuner. Then there is Russ who is building engines (I think there are like 12 right now he is doing and one is my own), packing and shipping everything, advertising (because every company needs to do this), taking and processing new orders, developing new idea's such as their upcoming exhaust and more I can't talk about, dyno tuning on Mondays, and all trying his best to answer phones and emails. Keep in mind when Russ started out he was doing all of the work listed above alone. He has some professional help now but it is still a lot of work to do. When I was there doing my video of the engine tear down I can't tell you how many times the phone was ringing. Granted Russ took a few breaks to check those messages and emails but if all he was doing was answering the phone or calling people nothing would get done. To get through you just have to leave a bunch of emails or messages and eventually he will get back to you. And like you said you don't want to piss off your tuner or waiter so when trying to leave a message do so in a respectful way.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
yeah not trying to sling mudd either just my honest feedback from what ive seen on here as a whole, and what happened with the other guys X37 and tune
Nope, not at all! When he was tuning me and I was seeing -7 corrections, he kept telling me it wasn't that bad and that the cars ecu would keep things safe. Terrible human being lol

I guess my posts are getting deleted... Someone trying to tell me to keep my mouth shut I guess....
Of course, the people that run this forum, run it like a dictatorship. They pick and chose what gets out to the community. Expected now a days tbh.

grnmachine02

Nope, not at all! When he was tuning me and I was seeing -7 corrections, he kept telling me it wasn't that bad and that the cars ecu would keep things safe. Terrible human being lol
-7?? Christ on a stick. What's the max amount of timing our ECM can pull? I have to assume at some point it just says fuck it, and puts you in limp mode.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
-7?? Christ on a stick. What's the max amount of timing our ECM can pull? I have to assume at some point it just says fuck it, and puts you in limp mode.
No clue tbh, all I know is, after dealing with someone so careless like that, I'm just glad my car is still alive and well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grnmachine02

No clue tbh, all I know is, after dealing with someone so careless like that, I'm just glad my car is still alive and well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Makes me glad I went with DHM. I was this (I'm holding my index and thumb really close together) close to going with tune+

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Heard nothing but awful things about Adam. Honestly don't know hey people still think he's good? He building a shop close to me and I'm not looking forward to the anboys

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Heard nothing but awful things about Adam. Honestly don't know hey people still think he's good? He building a shop close to me and I'm not looking forward to the anboys
It'll be the greatest shop you've ever seen, amazing, really. A lot of really amazing people working on it, lots of them, you'll see. You've never seen anything like it. Some people say, and they're always talking, trust me, that other shops are better, but don't believe them, it's fake news. Mine will be the best.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
It'll be the greatest shop you've ever seen, amazing, really. A lot of really amazing people working on it, lots of them, you'll see. You've never seen anything like it. Some people say, and they're always talking, trust me, that other shops are better, but don't believe them, it's fake news. Mine will be the best.
Haha Jesus lol. It's going to be tremendous

grnmachine02

I <3 this.

Status
Not open for further replies.