Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,505
Mmmmmm IS38. There's IS38 cars way above 400whp. Hybrid turbo cars are above 500whp. Crazy stuff.
I don't know what those cars/motors are making, but it's a beautiful turbo. I want it. But it's way to expensive. We have it because FROM GERMANY it's locked up. They missed a step on machining the inducer. But it's a really nice compressor wheel.

It has a divided turbine inlet, but right after the flange, it's not divided, which means it's just like that for the flange.

But it is super nice. And the compressor wheel is "aggressive".

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Wow. No words. But hey the x47 is a better turbo....righttttt.
What are you seeing in those pictures? Can you explain the differences to those of us who don't pick up on all the subtleties?

I see a compressor wheel that has small amounts milled out of the back perhaps for better dynamic balancing. The blades look very similar. The overall size of the C39 wheel does appear to be slightly larger.

Anything else I miss?

DvC

almost done with my e30 tune...

[video=youtube;i8LbWTZcw64]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8LbWTZcw64[/video]

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,509
Sourskittle,

Want to try doing this Cyborg 39 to the turbos of the ecoboost 2.7? Doing a new project...

Dusty
Hey Dusty !!
We actually have a set of 2011 3.5L ecoboost turbos on the shelf :) but no one has the want and tuning chops to use them :)

As for a 2.7L, they run a spike of around 29psi stock from what I've read. I'm sure we could help them out :) but of course, we would need them to work on :)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,510
What are you seeing in those pictures? Can you explain the differences to those of us who don't pick up on all the subtleties?

I see a compressor wheel that has small amounts milled out of the back perhaps for better dynamic balancing. The blades look very similar. The overall size of the C39 wheel does appear to be slightly larger.

Anything else I miss?
Basically :)
The cyborg is actually larger by all 3 dimensions you can measure a compressor wheel by. In a game that is measured by 1 and 0.5mm at a time, for you to visually see a difference from a raw picture, means.... it's a real difference.

And yes, the wheel I used in the pic is actually a comp wheel from another customers OG cyborg that is being upgraded to a C39 :) so it's already been balanced before :)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,512
So I thought there might be some more interesting plot points to share vs plan old peak power numbers...

#1 200whp by 3900rpm
#2 250whp by 4400rpm
#3 280whp or more between 4800rpm and 6300rpm peaking at basically 300whp.

This is was done on my daily driver map, not my race map :0 and it's also a 4th gear pull, not a 3rd gear pull ( 4th gear pulls typically read lower ).

Also.... a little homework/challenge for EVERYONE. Big turbos, stock turbos, hybrids. Everyone.

Set your "smoothing" to "1" and post a V-dyno of that pull where your car makes good power. Let's see how smooth the power really is.... before you comment, just do it :)
I do realize and believe that it inflates V-dyno numbers to use a lower smoothing number, but that also assumes that your V-dyno on "smoothing 1" isn't smooth...

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,513
Cyborg Upgraded Stock Turbocharger System

Not much difference because the power is so smooth.

Pump fuels and meth injection tuned by sourskittle.

SBW

Coolant lines

I'll be installing a C39 soon and am curious if anyone used anything besides the oem coolant lines. I have new ones on the way from Tasca but honestly I would prefer braided lines. Does anyone use anything else besides the OEM lines? Does anyone know the sizes/requirements for the coolant lines?

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I'll be installing a C39 soon and am curious if anyone used anything besides the oem coolant lines. I have new ones on the way from Tasca but honestly I would prefer braided lines. Does anyone use anything else besides the OEM lines? Does anyone know the sizes/requirements for the coolant lines?
Oem is best by far.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,517
I've thought about it... but never done it. If I do, I'll post up all the info :)

SBW

I actually have a GT2554R installed now with braided lines. I've tracked the car 20 times in the first year and although the little hatchback is more powerful than a Miata I still need to track out to keep up with the more powerful cars (I focus on the four main road tracks within 4 hours of the SF Bay Area).

Tracking out means bouncing off the track into the rocky dirt sometimes which doesn't seem to be a big deal around here except for Sears Point.

I simply haven't had good experiences with the adapters for the GT2554R however. The v-band (the several I've ordered) don't seem to hold the turbo enough on rough driving and I always develop slight exhaust leaks.

I'm probably one of the few people not interested in a hybrid turbo because it spools quickly, but rather I know the oem core will keep that turbo solidly attached to the exhaust manifold and downpipe no matter what!

Of course getting 260+ hp off the turbo is also a requirement and using a tiny OEM core is a very impressive achievement -- so good on all the designers.

I don't have a heat shield anymore so my coolant lines are zip tied away from the turbo itself. I guess I'll just wrap the OEM lines with heat tape and leave it at that.

PM me your address info and I'll send you a couple of factory (transverse) 2.7 turbos to work on.. if it is something you think will work strong numbers I'd recommend jumping on Fusion Sport and Edge Sport forums with your work.. there is no one working these platforms but there is a lot of interest for more power (imagine that!)... Adam is working with RTR on a HPFP upgrade on the 2.3, 3.5, and 2.7 ecoboost that will provide 30-40% more fuel. Your cyborg39s, RTR's upgraded HPFP, and a solid tune on pump gas should get these 2.7s to 400-430whp...

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Interesting evening last night in Mexico. Lots of runs with diffferwnt cars.
Got to run a 13 camaro ss and pulled him two car at 110.
Raced a 15 sti with tune and bolt ons, I'd say 3-4 cars.
Cobalt SS turbo with bolt ons and trifecta tune? Slaughter
Car is running beyond my wildest dreams. Have vids on all kills. Brian has actually seen it, this turbo is where you want to be with proper tuning. I've been tuned by purple drank or better known as PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.