Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,521
I don't ever have luck like that, nothing but Prius and Tahoe's in the area of Mexico I'm always in lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
My GT2560R is making less torque than the Cyborg though I am at 4700 ft and the tune is not what it could or should be. I had the car south of the border last fall with my super sticky 225 Rival S tires on, stoplight on a wide highway, nobody around, new M5 with 8 spd DSG. He got me 2 lengths in first, even in second, 4-5 lengths ahead by 80 MPH when I let off and banged the brakes to get back to 65, pretty much a slaughter of a 560HP $100k car that would of been much more so with a well tuned Cyborg:)

If I end up keeping this car I am either swapping to the GTX or selling the whole kit and going back to Cyborg, I had the very first one, it would be like coming home again in turboland.

These light and nimble cars are very easy to drive fast on a track but modded properly become very very quick in the corners, far more so than most anybody would believe.

I love my car and what it has become, more comfy on the street than stock, better on fuel use when cruising, hauls arse when I want to, fits two 95 lb dogs easily, walled off cargo space in the rear for hauling groceries, site seeing trips, etc...just my lifestyle has changed and having issues with my eyes, need more surgery I am sure.....what I need is a V8 4runner like I had before to fill many tasks and some the ST just cannot do:(

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Interesting evening last night in Mexico. Lots of runs with different cars.
Got to run a 13 camaro ss and pulled him two car at 110.
Raced a 15 sti with tune and bolt ons, I'd say 3-4 cars.
Cobalt SS turbo with bolt ons and trifecta tune? Slaughter
Car is running beyond my wildest dreams. Have vids on all kills. Brian has actually seen it, this turbo is where you want to be with proper tuning. I've been tuned by purple drank or better known as PD.
Isn't that like a 500 mile trip EACH WAY for you depending on how far into Mehico you were?

My GT2560R is making less torque than the Cyborg though I am at 4700 ft and the tune is not what it could or should be. I had the car south of the border last fall with my super sticky 225 Rival S tires on, stoplight on a wide highway, nobody around, new M5 with 8 spd DSG. He got me 2 lengths in first, even in second, 4-5 lengths ahead by 80 MPH when I let off and banged the brakes to get back to 65, pretty much a slaughter of a 560HP $100k car that would of been much more so with a well tuned Cyborg:)

If I end up keeping this car I am either swapping to the GTX or selling the whole kit and going back to Cyborg, I had the very first one, it would be like coming home again in turboland.

These light and nimble cars are very easy to drive fast on a track but modded properly become very very quick in the corners, far more so than most anybody would believe.

I love my car and what it has become, more comfy on the street than stock, better on fuel use when cruising, hauls arse when I want to, fits two 95 lb dogs easily, walled off cargo space in the rear for hauling groceries, site seeing trips, etc...just my lifestyle has changed and having issues with my eyes, need more surgery I am sure.....what I need is a V8 4runner like I had before to fill many tasks and some the ST just cannot do:(
For a good reference here's my rental M5 0-100

https://youtu.be/dWNQv3o_rNQ

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The M5 is a fast car indeed, perhaps the guy was not all the way on it but he did pull up bedside me with a big grin and bigger thumbs up:)

I hooked up much better in 1st than normal and it does not spin the tires in 2nd so when you look at power to weight ratios I have the advantage but not as much as it would seem by the results.

I am known for being a story teller but one that does not stretch the truth, very much that is and did not in this story but was shocked by the results.

I couldn't go on with the Fiesta ST, I miss it sometimes but being an old Soldier has my body in too much pain. It's why I went to the Edge Sport 2.7TT; it's powerful, under $40k, AWD, smooth, quiet, love it. I have the Livernois tuner on it now it just like any tuner on the ST it really wakes up the torque. I'm hoping someone develops a hybrid turbo for it, looking for 400awhp DD comfy ride...

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,527
Dusty PM me about those turbos. But it will need to be transverse 2.7L turbos, I don't think the 3.5L's are inter-changeable :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Lmao I hope you're trolling.
You are pretty old though, may not know what Mexico means [emoji23]
OK, wise azz, what does it mean in 'millennialspeak'? (Or is it a southwestern 'THANG'?)

I'm LMFAO at all of 'ya'lls' little inside innuendo BS as well. [wink]

Sue me for NOT street racing, nor knowing the lingo of such. [thumbdown]

DvC

OK, wise azz, what does it mean in 'millennialspeak'? (Or is it a southwestern 'THANG'?)

I'm LMFAO at all of 'ya'lls' little inside innuendo BS as well. [wink]
Take it easy old man your heart is not what it used to be. :D

Mexico is a term used to not incriminate one's self by racing where its illegal.

'Went to mexico to do highway pulls' says im out of your jurisdiction while doing illegal things.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^HA!

MY 'heart' is just fine, and from what I've seen of A LOT of YOUR indoors gamer generation, it is in MUCH better shape that most of yours, despite being 3 times as "old". [wink]

Resting heart rate: 53

Blood Pressure: 112/70

Haven't checked my Max VO2, or hematocrit in a while.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Kids, "know" so much yet so little at times, we get it, we were young once as well;) [coolsmile]

----------

Story time:

Once upon a time, decades ago, pretty young wife and I were cruising back to San Diego from well south of the border, past a white Rambler. 4 guys standing around it jumped in
stuck a red light on top and came chasing after us. I just went up to 120 or so and lost them rather quickly but kept the pace up to TJ and went on home. Later I learned of such tactics leading to robbery, rape and sometimes murder as had recently been happening.

----------

Be wary of poking to much fun at us older folks, some of still have teeth and if you are wise enough to survive age comes upon you far quicker than you may realize[bootyshake]

Brura22

Funny thing is, 1320/Mexico Racing League isn't even a young generation thing.
Most of the individuals I see out there doin work on the streets are in their 30's and 40's.
Gotta pay to play [emoji23]
Google 1320 videos if you want a lesson on Mexico.

DvC

Kids, "know" so much yet so little at times, we get it, we were young once as well;) [coolsmile]

----------

Story time:

Once upon a time, decades ago, pretty young wife and I were cruising back to San Diego from well south of the border, past a white Rambler. 4 guys standing around it jumped in
stuck a red light on top and came chasing after us. I just went up to 120 or so and lost them rather quickly but kept the pace up to TJ and went on home. Later I learned of such tactics leading to robbery, rape and sometimes murder as had recently been happening.

----------

Be wary of poking to much fun at us older folks, some of still have teeth and if you are wise enough to survive age comes upon you far quicker than you may realize[bootyshake]
Im already old, i just love trolling. Keeps my mind sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.