Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
We will see in the long run how they do, but these 215/40-17 595RS-RR federal tires nasty sticky !!! I can't spin them on pump gas, and it takes a real purposeful "chuck" at low speeds to get the inner tire to even "scratch".
They are scaring me how fast the car is capable of going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been thinking of buying these. Where did you get them having trouble finding a source.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,482
Been thinking of buying these. Where did you get them having trouble finding a source.
Online tires . Com

I tried to buy the 595RS-R's but they called me and said they were on back order. I was just going to get a refund, but they offered to sell me the RR versions for $10 a tire more. And I needed tires so....

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,484
Yea, stock size HTR-z's. I was going to replace the rears. But they just had too much thread left to replace ( after 2 full sets of 235's on the front )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,488
E30 and meth. Magical
Close.... cyborg turbo, DHM race cooler, and methanol magical lol.
My charge temp started at 83 degrees ( because it was 73-75 degrees and heat soak ), and my charge temps didn't rise more than 10degrees from a stop to 6200rpm in 4th. That's damn impressive.

DvC

What's on the back, these in 205/40-17??

https://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/sumitomo/su_htr_zII_pdpcrop.jpg

Good to hear about the stick of those Federals, I might be getting swayed towards them instead of the slightly wider, but twice the price and ONLY available at Tire Rack, Star Specs in that size. ;)

the federals are known to run wide. i have a set in stock size and they protrude form the wheel by ~3/8 of an inch

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Close.... cyborg turbo, DHM race cooler, and methanol magical lol.
My charge temp started at 83 degrees ( because it was 73-75 degrees and heat soak ), and my charge temps didn't rise more than 10degrees from a stop to 6200rpm in 4th. That's damn impressive.
Soon as they are avail I'm buying that ic!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
the federals are known to run wide. i have a set in stock size and they protrude form the wheel by ~3/8 of an inch

At least according to their own spec sheet, some of the (more street compound, 240 tread wear) 595 models are as wide (TREAD WIDTH wise) as the Star Specs, but sadly NOT their (stickiest) RS-RR model, which is .3" narrower than the Dunlops. [:(]

DvC

At least according to their own spec sheet, some of the (more street compound, 240 tread wear) 595 models are as wide (TREAD WIDTH wise) as the Star Specs, but sadly NOT their (stickiest) RS-RR model, which is .3" narrower than the Dunlops. [:(]
yeah was sort of a cost:benefit for me. i dont track it so the cheapest:stickiest was these. everything else was double the price. i paid 270$ shipped to my house

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
yeah was sort of a cost:benefit for me. i dont track it so the cheapest:stickiest was these. everything else was double the price. i paid 270$ shipped to my house
Yes, and that is EXACTLY WHY I may go with the 215/40-17 RS-RRs over the Star Specs as well, and the .3" be damned! ;) [thumb]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You lowered? Gonna run 215/40-17 on 7.5" wide rims on Cobb springs. Don't wanna rub.
Nope, not yet.

But I DO plan to eventually do either some form of coil over, in which case I would go no lower than 1/2" to 3/4", or Swift Spec-Rs with Koni Sport yellows, however much they lower the car.

My 17x8 1.2s are 42ET, so they will not be too pushed out towards the fender lip. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.