Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Sorry Brian, got just a bit off topic.....

As always your porting work is one hell of a bargain for all the time it takes you to do it, those of that have done one can easily understand that!

Bryan I'd like to send you my v-band flange for gapping!!! I tried to pm you but apparently I am horrible at it! Maybe shoot me a pm with shipping info and how to send you some greenbacks! Sorry I suck ! [sadpanda]

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Log from today in 80 degree weather. Stock exhaust, Cobb fmic, e30. Look at the curve, injust included my weight in the curb weight. I weigh 220. My car prolly is a little heavier than what I put here with the audio but I didn't want to post non-sense. Also on 27 psi so not even pushing it

Last edited:
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,545

E30 fuel no meth injection NOT tuned by sourskittle.

It got cooler than normal here in Florida for once !!
This is the actually the traction control popping the throttle closed for a sec (and Cobb timing based TC yanking timing ). But then you see the boost start to rise again and start making more power. Cold road, cool tires 3rd gear pull.

Interesting evening last night in Mexico. Lots of runs with diffferwnt cars.
Got to run a 13 camaro ss and pulled him two car at 110.
Raced a 15 sti with tune and bolt ons, I'd say 3-4 cars.
Cobalt SS turbo with bolt ons and trifecta tune? Slaughter
Car is running beyond my wildest dreams. Have vids on all kills. Brian has actually seen it, this turbo is where you want to be with proper tuning. I've been tuned by purple drank or better known as PD.
I want the vidzz

About to place my order with dead hook for my cyborg/st280!

How much of a restriction is the stock air box and charge pipes? Might be able to upgrade one of those at the same time. Then the other sometime down the road.

I'm about to have so many questions lol

How much of a restriction is the stock air box and charge pipes? Might be able to upgrade one of those at the same time. Then the other sometime down the road.

From what I've heard and read factory charge pipes are good until you get a bigger turbo but it's good enough for the cyborg so I recommend you get an intake!! I'm biased towards the CP-E try finding a used one or some sort of deal cause 400 new is a lot but completely worth!!

re-rx7

1000 Post Club

Factory barge pipes are adequate all but the hot side pipe.

grnmachine02

If you don't plan on doing the install yourself, it's worth the trip to DHM to have them install it. I was there last weekend having mine installed, and it was absolutely worth the drive.

I would check with [MENTION=759]Hijinx@DHM[/MENTION] or [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION]. I've seen Russ recommend the CP-E intake with their big turbo kits, but I'm not sure how they feel about the needs of a hybrid. As for charge pipes, the others above are correct. Just get a hot side pipe. Cold side doesn't appear to be necessary.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club

Factory barge pipes are adequate all but the hot side pipe.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I would check with [MENTION=759]Hijinx@DHM[/MENTION] or [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION]. I've seen Russ recommend the CP-E intake with their big turbo kits, but I'm not sure how they feel about the needs of a hybrid. As for charge pipes, the others above are correct. Just get a hot side pipe. Cold side doesn't appear to be necessary.
Definitely recommend the CPE intake, especially on the big turbo kits. On the ST280... If you want to, a new intake won't hurt, but it won't help either. On the whole, they're not absolutely neccessary on a stock engine. But, if it's a recommendation you want, CPE, since it would be the last intake you'd have to buy.

As for charge pipe... Just the hot side. My car is still on stock silicone (to intercooler) and cold side pipe.

Definitely recommend the CPE intake, especially on the big turbo kits. On the ST280... If you want to, a new intake won't hurt, but it won't help either. On the whole, they're not absolutely neccessary on a stock engine. But, if it's a recommendation you want, CPE, since it would be the last intake you'd have to buy.

As for charge pipe... Just the hot side. My car is still on stock silicone (to intercooler) and cold side pipe.
Will the hot side pipe give any power or performance benefit on the st280? Trying to ball on a budget lol.

I'm fine with the stock intake as long as it's not gonna hold it back. Kinda cool if you pop the hood and everything looks stock still.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Will the hot side pipe give any power or performance benefit on the st280? Trying to ball on a budget lol.

I'm fine with the stock intake as long as it's not gonna hold it back. Kinda cool if you pop the hood and everything looks stock still.
There's a performance benefit. Let the boost flow.

Crap.....Order placed!

Now to read everything I can about installing it lol. Doesn't look like too many more steps past the downpipe I did in the fall.

Do C39+ powered cars benefit from the stratified aux fuel setup? Can the turbo flow enough to warrant that upgrade?

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Do C39+ powered cars benefit from the stratified aux fuel setup? Can the turbo flow enough to warrant that upgrade?
Yes they can. I've had two separate tuners tune my car and both have said that
The fuel pump is holding the turbo back. Sourskittle has put down 325 who with his combination of meth and e30/e40 blends while most of us on just e30 have put down around 280osh who. I've put down 296whp, but the tune was suffering from throttle closures due to the fuel pump tapping out. So o think the aid fuel setup would be a great setup with the C39 and if you decide you want even more power down the road, you're already setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.