Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so a little off topic but still within topic. I unfortunately bought a C39 straight through SS. I bought it at the beginning of winter and needed a few more things before installing it. Low and behold the intercooler is installed and my intake issue is resolved, downpipe sitting in my living room. I decided to look at this post seeing as I had 50 notifications. Glad I did. It's still not installed and will not be installed (brand new C39 in box for sale, discounted price get it while it's hot)! I'm def upset, my past 2 cars I didn't upgrade the turbo I didn't want to waste the $. So I bit the bullet and did it! That's what I get lol. My question.....seeing as I have the downpipe which like I said isn't installed and I have my intercooler which is, is a custom tune worth it? I didn't install the downpipe cuz I was waiting to do it with the turbo. At this point I'm not spending any more $ to buy another turbo from anyone else since I'm out $2100.00. Any recommendations with any more bolt ons to spice it up. Sorry it's like a run on sentence rant.

Custom tune worth it with bolt ons since I got porked on a C39 turbo that's the question. I'm planning on going stratified with crackles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I forgot who it was a long time ago that was on here that was previously on the neon SRT4 page (or whatever it was that Bryan had before). Anyways they had brought up that there was someone on their forum named sour skittles that ended up scamming a bunch of people and disappearing from the forums. I wonder if it turns out the be the same SS after all?
I remember that. His screen name was GLHtoo, although there is a Sour Skittle.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Ok so a little off topic but still within topic. I unfortunately bought a C39 straight through SS. I bought it at the beginning of winter and needed a few more things before installing it. Low and behold the intercooler is installed and my intake issue is resolved, downpipe sitting in my living room. I decided to look at this post seeing as I had 50 notifications. Glad I did. It's still not installed and will not be installed (brand new C39 in box for sale, discounted price get it while it's hot)! I'm def upset, my past 2 cars I didn't upgrade the turbo I didn't want to waste the $. So I bit the bullet and did it! That's what I get lol. My question.....seeing as I have the downpipe which like I said isn't installed and I have my intercooler which is, is a custom tune worth it? I didn't install the downpipe cuz I was waiting to do it with the turbo. At this point I'm not spending any more $ to buy another turbo from anyone else since I'm out $2100.00. Any recommendations with any more bolt ons to spice it up. Sorry it's like a run on sentence rant.

Custom tune worth it with bolt ons since I got porked on a C39 turbo that's the question. I'm planning on going stratified with crackles

Why do you say you got porked when you haven't even installed the turbo? As if to say you already know it's a bad turbo. My C39 has 18k on it with no problems and I beat on it. Funny how everyone wants to jump on the bash SS wagon, even those that have not been wronged. Smh.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why do you say you got porked when you haven't even installed the turbo? As if to say you already know it's a bad turbo. My C39 has 18k on it with no problems and I beat on it. Funny how everyone wants to jump on the bash SS wagon, even those that have not been wronged. Smh.
It looks like some have the issue while others do not due to the wrong seals most likely being used. If it was me and I had one I'd find put who built the turbo and talk to them directly about the seal that's needed or if it needs one at all....IMO.Good luck !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Cyborg Upgraded Stock Turbocharger System

I'm not bashing but my odds are pretty strong on having an issue vs not and Idk if I want to spend a day off installing something that I've been warned about. It's kind of like the "I told you so" I'm very mechanically inclined and have access to a lift to make my life easy but still most likely consuming much of my time. I truly would hate installing it to take it back out. I understand there's negative to everything but 1 person getting numerous bad turbos is good enough to turn me off on that.

It would also be a different story if he didn't fall off the face of the earth and if people had a problem had him available to address it

DvC

Just put the stock turbo back in. Here is what the c39 looked like...

[video=youtube;K8pxmsn9pg0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8pxmsn9pg0[/video]

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I'm not bashing but my odds are pretty strong on having an issue vs not and Idk if I want to spend a day off installing something that I've been warned about. It's kind of like the "I told you so" I'm very mechanically inclined and have access to a lift to make my life easy but still most likely consuming much of my time. I truly would hate installing it to take it back out. I understand there's negative to everything but 1 person getting numerous bad turbos is good enough to turn me off on that.

It would also be a different story if he didn't fall off the face of the earth and if people had a problem had him available to address it

I'm just saying. I personally know 3 guys running C39 with no issues. I think it's worth installing and giving it a go as opposed to trying to sell it at a big loss. Just my .02 worth.

I forgot who it was a long time ago that was on here that was previously on the neon SRT4 page (or whatever it was that Bryan had before). Anyways they had brought up that there was someone on their forum named sour skittles that ended up scamming a bunch of people and disappearing from the forums. I wonder if it turns out the be the same SS after all?
We can set a tune up for 0% WGDC and do a log, that will tell us what the base pressure is in the spring.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
All turbos will have some up and down play. In and out is the worry part. My brand new BNR on my rx7 had shaft play but ran like a champ.

I'm talking with my stock turbo tho so what you're saying is you'd do that for my stock set up?

I don't know why it quoted someone else when I was replying to you. As I read your message you received an actuator that you dont' know the spring pressure on. No matter what turbo it is going on we will need to figure out the base spring pressure in the wastegate actuator before we can begin tuning. Doing 0% WGDC and letting it roll on preload to see what pressure comes up to is the easiest way.

DvC

All turbos will have some up and down play. In and out is the worry part. My brand new BNR on my rx7 had shaft play but ran like a champ.
Rofl wat? That wheel was about to fall out. I will post high res pics when I pick up the car today

There is usually minimal shaftplay before you run it on the car. The oil pressure helps to center the turbine shaft in order to keep it floating. Obviously when you are touching housings you have too much shaft play.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
There is usually minimal shaftplay before you run it on the car. The oil pressure helps to center the turbine shaft in order to keep it floating. Obviously when you are touching housings you have too much shaft play.
Agree. Alot of people assume shaft play means bad.

I don't know why it quoted someone else when I was replying to you. As I read your message you received an actuator that you dont' know the spring pressure on. No matter what turbo it is going on we will need to figure out the base spring pressure in the wastegate actuator before we can begin tuning. Doing 0% WGDC and letting it roll on preload to see what pressure comes up to is the easiest way.
Oh gotcha. Yea so that wastegate is 19psi but it's on the C39 that I'm very up in the air on installing. In your profession is E tuning the stock turbo with bolt ons worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.