Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I saw that he came in to the convo with a hostile attitude and throwing blame at DHM, which is complete BS. So I guess he's not planning on being stand up about this. I'm sorry this happened to you guys.
Didn't really seem hostile to me, just irritated due to personal issues and problems created by the builder of the turbos he sells. SS seems quite overwhelmed at the moment with serious personal/family issues. Maybe [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] will post up the FB screen caps so people with a bad C39 will know where to send them for warranty repair.

Brura22

So I never posted this because I didn't want to cause drama, but...
Back in the Fall of 2016 I sold my X37 to SS because I was going back to stock and he offered to send me a stock turbo back.

I sold him the unit, which I originally purchased during Adams run with Puma.
I put only 5k on the turbo, didn't beat on it at all, and the thing ran GREAT, didn't smoke a bit or sound strange at all.

He gets the turbo and proceeds to tell me this.
He then "rebuilds it" and sold it as that X37 "plus" back last year.

I think it's hilarious where he said if he sent me a turbo that blew up, he would send another one LMFAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Yeahhhhhh. I definitely gifted him the money. But I seem to be one of the few that are still running one of the very first C39s with no issue and I've tracked mine and frequently go 100-120ish mph on my commute. And it's been over 6 months for me but I'm not worried about it at this point.
Ditto

I'm still not picking it up... There is a Sour Skittle on the SRT4 forums but, not our Sourskittle. Our Sourskittle's name was GLHtoo. Where is our Sour supposedly incriminating himself?
Lemme try to break it down. The word here is that FiestaSTForum Sourskittle used to go by GLHtoo over on SRT4World. I did a Google search for "GLHtoo SRT4" and came up with this thread:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-6079.html

where (FiestaSTForum) Sourskittle admits to having gone by the name "GLHtoo" over at SRT4World. The following is his post from FiestaSTForum:

Sourskittle
08-24-2015, 06:41 AM
nice and price is not to bad.. sucky thing is us CA guys have no access to e30.. atleast in my area i dont only 91octane.. so this is similar to a big wheel turbo in the nsrt4 world? its going to be my dd already had my fair chare of fast cars so a mid 14 sec car will do lol

I am literally the OG of the neon srt4 stock turbo upgrade. My screen name was "GLHtoo". There is even an old thread where I asked "the experts" at AGP ( the only name in big turbo upgrades for srt4's in 2005 ) if they had thought about upgrading the stock turbo and they told me A) it was not really possible, and B) it would not be cost effective and if it was, no profit would be left ). 3 years after that post by AGP, the shop I work for/with had sold $200k worth of srt4 upgraded turbos. We sold turbos to a few different company's. I did all the testing and base testing for PTP performance ( which ended up with a bad rap after THEIR business practices caught up with them ). It was also sold as a forward motion turbo. And likely a few other names. But all the turbos were coming from the same shop at the time. AGP told me it would never make over 300whp. I made 354whp and 407tq at the wheels and ran 11.9@114mph ( now plenty of guys have gone faster with better traction, better tuning options, and lighter cars ).

So anyway, lol, yes, very much like the neon srt4 stock upgrades.

I do regret that I never got the chance to run my srt4 with an external wastegate on the stock turbo-fold. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/e299d7dab79e495a54541d2d487565a5.jpg

Unless I've misread what was posted here this seems to indicated that "our" Sourskittle is in fact GLHtoo from SRT4World...or am I missing something?

This all is quite shitty overall. As my c39 seal was already replaced about 3 weeks or so ago by bryan for the smoke issue. Now ive have seen very very little smoke on deceleration since. None at idle like before. Car runs fine.. for now. But i did notice some oil on the clamp of turbo/exhaust housing area. Same as before when the seal went. So its only a matter of time before this one goes. I dealt with him personally, had him install, etc. i want to say hes either unfriended everyone or just deleted Facebook in general...

But now im kinda stuck if this thing gets worse..as idk anyone else who will help me take out this turbo. I also dont have a stock unit anymore. The ONLY route i can see myself doing if things get worse is purchasing a x47 off panda and using the finance option, replacing the cyborg with that, and then sending the cyborg unit to the company that built his turbo. I spoke with the gentleman earlier and he said anybody who feels they have a bad seal , or want it checked, send it to him and he will check and verify correct seal is in and then send back. And putting cyborg back in , or running the x47 instead and hope go sell the c39....

Any of you companies and or people have any helpful options here? Quite bummed

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Lemme try to break it down. The word here is that FiestaSTForum Sourskittle used to go by GLHtoo over on SRT4World. I did a Google search for "GLHtoo SRT4" and came up with this thread:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-6079.html

where (FiestaSTForum) Sourskittle admits to having gone by the name "GLHtoo" over at SRT4World. The following is his post from FiestaSTForum:

Sourskittle
08-24-2015, 06:41 AM
nice and price is not to bad.. sucky thing is us CA guys have no access to e30.. atleast in my area i dont only 91octane.. so this is similar to a big wheel turbo in the nsrt4 world? its going to be my dd already had my fair chare of fast cars so a mid 14 sec car will do lol

I am literally the OG of the neon srt4 stock turbo upgrade. My screen name was "GLHtoo". There is even an old thread where I asked "the experts" at AGP ( the only name in big turbo upgrades for srt4's in 2005 ) if they had thought about upgrading the stock turbo and they told me A) it was not really possible, and B) it would not be cost effective and if it was, no profit would be left ). 3 years after that post by AGP, the shop I work for/with had sold $200k worth of srt4 upgraded turbos. We sold turbos to a few different company's. I did all the testing and base testing for PTP performance ( which ended up with a bad rap after THEIR business practices caught up with them ). It was also sold as a forward motion turbo. And likely a few other names. But all the turbos were coming from the same shop at the time. AGP told me it would never make over 300whp. I made 354whp and 407tq at the wheels and ran 11.9@114mph ( now plenty of guys have gone faster with better traction, better tuning options, and lighter cars ).

So anyway, lol, yes, very much like the neon srt4 stock upgrades.

I do regret that I never got the chance to run my srt4 with an external wastegate on the stock turbo-fold. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/e299d7dab79e495a54541d2d487565a5.jpg

Unless I've misread what was posted here this seems to indicated that "our" Sourskittle is in fact GLHtoo from SRT4World...or am I missing something?
Yes, but what does that have to do with the SRT4 Sourskittle that scammed people?

Yes, but what does that have to do with the SRT4 Sourskittle that scammed people?

The way you worded this;

I remember that. His screen name was GLHtoo, although there is a Sour Skittle.

in response to this;

I forgot who it was a long time ago that was on here that was previously on the neon SRT4 page (or whatever it was that Bryan had before). Anyways they had brought up that there was someone on their forum named sour skittles that ended up scamming a bunch of people and disappearing from the forums. I wonder if it turns out the be the same SS after all?
made it sound like GLHtoo was the scammer over on SRT4World and not SRT4World Sourskittle.

Nothing at all, it's just the way you worded this;

I remember that. His screen name was GLHtoo, although there is a Sour Skittle.

in response to this;

I forgot who it was a long time ago that was on here that was previously on the neon SRT4 page (or whatever it was that Bryan had before). Anyways they had brought up that there was someone on their forum named sour skittles that ended up scamming a bunch of people and disappearing from the forums. I wonder if it turns out the be the same SS after all?
made it sound like GLHtoo was the scammer over on SRT4World. That's how I read it anyway.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The way you worded this;

in response to this;

made it sound like GLHtoo was the scammer over on SRT4World and not SRT4World Sourskittle.
I don't see how that could be misconstrued, but sorry if that was confusing.

I remember that conversation, however our Sourskittle is not the Sourskittle of the SRT4 forums. Our Sourskittles screen name on the SRT4 forum is GLHtoo. I hope that's clear enough.

I'm not on this forum for a month and this shit happens.

My C39 has smoked since day 1. I reached out to Bryan with very little resolution, not even an offer of a replacement.

He gave me an intake tube that was slightly off which threw off my Injen intake from lining up perfectly. His solution to me was buy a longer coupler to connect the turbo and intake elbow.

My car seems to run well with the occasional puff of white smoke. :/ I guess I'll eventually go back to stock turbo.

I'm not on this forum for a month and this shit happens.

My C39 has smoked since day 1. I reached out to Bryan with very little resolution, not even an offer of a replacement.

He gave me an intake tube that was slightly off which threw off my Injen intake from lining up perfectly. His solution to me was buy a longer coupler to connect the turbo and intake elbow.

My car seems to run well with the occasional puff of white smoke. :/ I guess I'll eventually go back to stock turbo.
Ugh more sad things to hear, def not installing mine. Mountune offers a nicely priced set up now.

Cyborg Upgraded Stock Turbocharger System

Mine arrives tomorrow[emoji5]

Oh cool! PM your thoughts on how the kit looks and keep me updated on the feel of it. I wanna buy it but I have to pay off this paperweight C39 I own, we'll chase owns for 2 more months.

Status
Not open for further replies.