Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the manifold need to come out for clearance? Or is there enough room to leave it on?

Also, anyone have part numbers for gaskets, nuts and bolts? Like having new stuff on hand just in case. Looks like dhm includes the 2 fire rings.

Does the manifold need to come out for clearance? Or is there enough room to leave it on?

Also, anyone have part numbers for gaskets, nuts and bolts? Like having new stuff on hand just in case. Looks like dhm includes the 2 fire rings.
Can't speak to the first part, but [MENTION=4339]WeTheNorth[/MENTION] posted the gasket numbers in the X-47 thread.

Turbo to manifold gasket
BM5Z-9450-A
Oil feed line gasket
4R8Z-6N652-A
Downpipe to turbo gasket
AM5Z-9450-A

All the gaskets you need

Sent from my CIA monitored device

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
A bit off topic but the tuner that did the numbers on the C39 has improved my GT2560R hugely over the last tuner in just 4 revisions only focusing in spool up, not quite C39 but far better, might catch up pretty well so now we will have to see about the rest of the power curve.

C39 just blows me away at what it can do for so little cost!

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
A bit off topic but the tuner that did the numbers on the C39 has improved my GT2560R hugely over the last tuner in just 4 revisions only focusing in spool up, not quite C39 but far better, might catch up pretty well so now we will have to see about the rest of the power curve.

C39 just blows me away at what it can do for so little cost!
Glad I could help with the tuner choice.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Absolutely and thanks:)

I have paid for 4 tunes on this car and some DIY stuff as well, I wish he had been the first and it seems last tuner I would have needed as would of kept the EFR instead of the huge amount of time and money spent going to the current setup. OR, waited a very long time and now had the C39 as I had the very first Cyborg, what a huge improvement since then!

grnmachine02

Cyborg Upgraded Stock Turbocharger System

Is that on your current engine or the one that blew up?

Edit:// also, god dammit Ford.

Double edit:// for those of us with an upgraded turbo, would Ford still honor this recall should we be one of those affected?

http://www.wesh.com/article/ford-recalls-440k-vehicles-that-may-cause-engine-fires/9201121

I'll be holding my breath waiting for a check from Ford to show up in the mail.

https://youtu.be/oqrQyNB_KEY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dang that sucks man, hopefully Ford makes it right. Makes me concerned now, ive had to top of my reservoir twice in almost 3 years. Now sure if that constitutes to "frequent" but its still scares me. Are you running an aftermarket radiator? Im thinking of picking one up to help keeps temps down.

Dang that sucks man, hopefully Ford makes it right. Makes me concerned now, ive had to top of my reservoir twice in almost 3 years. Now sure if that constitutes to "frequent" but its still scares me. Are you running an aftermarket radiator? Im thinking of picking one up to help keeps temps down.
Come to think of it my coolant is a little low right now [emoji848] I haven't had any heating issues yet though but this does worry me since I'm in the final stages before installing my turbo upgrade...

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,570
I have since replaced the entire engine with a 2015+ motor with the coolant sensor already on it ( which means it's the good head"

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,572
You can barely barely barely see it under a black water tube on the driver side/back of the motor/head. It's a clear-yellow tinted sensor plug.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
First I have heard of this, not on the forum as much for some time now but more lately.

I was going to buy a very low mileage none ST engine for a spare before I sold my house and shop, glad I did not do so.

It looks like I will be keeping the car, yabadabadooooo now.....:)
(actual spelling is something like yabba dabba doo)

In that case I will keep my eye out for the best used engine I can find, 15+ and store it away.

Cool things about projects like this, make the power you want then drive the sheat out of it the way you want, pop it, stick in a cheap replacement.

Or build and engine which not most of us do not really need to do as can make plenty of usable power with the stock engine.

antarctica24

Absolutely and thanks:)

I have paid for 4 tunes on this car and some DIY stuff as well, I wish he had been the first and it seems last tuner I would have needed as would of kept the EFR instead of the huge amount of time and money spent going to the current setup. OR, waited a very long time and now had the C39 as I had the very first Cyborg, what a huge improvement since then!

You know there skippy, you have bought and sold more for your car, than the car cost. When all is said and done, you know the car can only take so much. Spend more time driving it instead of down time and enjoy it.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
When you spend the time and money on a car as I have done with this one you want it right and it has never been so. The first tuner was SS and a bit of me, obviously we are not tuners. Second tuner recommended to me but the original Cyborg was just not enough power so had the EFR setup built and tuned by them but it had horrible lag, far worse than expected. I swapped to the GT2560R in hopes of making my power goals and getting rid of the lag, a different tuner recommended, work a long time with him and simply gave up, way to much lag and said that was all he could do. Now on the last tuner and he has made huge improvements but keeping my eye on the Gen II GTX as it seems to spool better and makes more power. If he had tuned the original Cyborg I would of likely stayed with it and made the upgrades as they came out. If he had tuned the EFR I would of stayed with it, now he is tuning the GT2560R and I might stay with it unless is just cannot do what I want. Cool thing is the cost is only around $1k to swap to the GTX and I have all the supporting mods in place and easy to do, what is another $1k when I have already spent well over $50k on the car:)

I have been driving it quite a bit lately, up to 13,800 miles now, it was at 9,500 last fall and I do not drive it in the snow and live in northern NV.

------------
Anyway, looked at the different turbos available and by far the best deal for real power in a wide band, meaning more power where and when you need it the most often is the C39. If I lived in CA and was starting over I would have one with ported manifold, modded the stock DP to flow much better which I have recommended to many but none have done it, and everything stealthy so it passed inspection and ran really clean.

I would swap to the C39 now but would just be wasting all the money on the DHM kit as selling at a loss, buying all the parts needed as having nothing stock to do the C39, I would end up about even so just keeping the DHM and swapping to the GTX if needed.

I have been modding cars for 49 years, this car is a drop in the bucket compared to some I have built and in many ways the most fun:)

Well, I waited and checked out the Mountune turbo kit. It's not for me for a few different reasons, so I pulled the trigger and got the ST280 with some other goodies.

Do, I still get the skittles tech support? :) I read there is a install guide. I hope I don't need it as I worked on turbo commercial vehicles for a living in the past but, I'm not
above swallowing my pride when it comes to esoteric knowledge on my DD.

I'm pretty pumped, this turbo meets basically the exact power goals I wanted before I even took delivery of the car. It's a DD street machine that has lots of fun in
industrial areas of Detroit in the wee hours of the morning when I'm on my way home from work. I was very close to getting the "BIG" turbo kit from dhm but, I have no
plans to track the car other than some grudge stuff with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.