Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Funny how people act online, the way he talked about his product(s), you would think they were the cats meow, or have one believe so.

Therefore, I can't be that guy and say "I know why he did what he did" , but this goes to show, a company like DHM will be around for years to come. No ill words spoken about this man, patience shown if anything. Good on you DHM! I hope you come out of this without too much $ lost.

Furthermore, as a member of this FiST community , I can say. We are not all made of money, hence why we drive this car, but to see our hard earned dollars go to shits, hurts. I hope you guys all find your justice, will also be watching from the sidelines. God speed x-million.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Really sorry to hear this. I was trying to contact Bryan about installing a C39. I felt it would be unfair to buy a X37 for him to do. Glad this was brought to light and the plug pulled by DHM. That's a manageable amount to save face and make right. I hope he does.

I'm probably one of the last ones ordered from DHM. Ordered late March. Isaac/hijinx has been helpful in keeping me updated on my order so far. Waiting to hear from Russ now. I would still take the turbo if it's done....if not I guess a refund and join the x47 crowd.

Hopefully everything is ok with sourskittle. Facebook trolling looks like his phone was broke or something till yesterday.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I still have my C39. Ironically, i havent had any problems. This truly sucks as I was a big advocate of him. THERE IS NO REASON FOR HIM NOT TO BE STRAIGHT UP. He deleted me off fb, wont answer my text or calls. Brian.....do the right thing here.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I'm probably one of the last ones ordered from DHM. Ordered late March. Isaac/hijinx has been helpful in keeping me updated on my order so far. Waiting to hear from Russ now. I would still take the turbo if it's done....if not I guess a refund and join the x47 crowd.

Hopefully everything is ok with sourskittle. Facebook trolling looks like his phone was broke or something till yesterday.
After talking with the rest of the DHM team. We feel that a refund would be best. We have two turbos here but with the text on the 17th that states that any turbos I still have need to be sent back. That your chances of having a turbo that will last as long as other options is low.

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After talking with the rest of the DHM team. We feel that a refund would be best. We have two turbos here but with the text on the 17th that states that any turbos I still have need to be sent back. That your chances of having a turbo that will last as long as other options is low.

Russ

I guess I'm good with a refund. You could totally send me a gtx360r kit for the same price...hahaha. [kidding]

Ish

X37 vs. C39. Take the results with a grain of salt because there could be an issue, but yeah that's slightly disappointing with all else being equal.

[video=youtube;_bacXEIe00s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bacXEIe00s[/video]
I'm glad Adam didn't sabotage the tune<3

[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] , thanks for your honesty. You've tuned plenty of other turbo brands (puma speed, ATP, your own DHM kits, peron??), what's a more reasonable failure rate?

Also, to anyone who is still interested in a hybrid option, the x47 folks are pretty friendly and would gladly welcome you to the dark side.

[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] Thanks Russ for all the attention to your customers needs on this issue. I appreciate the time and you have a customer and friend for life. John

Well this is a post i was hopping that i would not have to make.

Here we go...

Back in October 2016 We started offering the C39 from Bryan (SourSkittle) as a turbo upgrade for Dead Hook Motorsports known as the ST280 kit.

Qty:
Sold 11
Purchased 9 from Bryan (SS)
Installed/Shipped 7
Tuned about 12-16
Turbos failed 5 (Plus 3 tune customers. So Atleast 8 that i can personally confirm)
Money spent with Bryan $11,150

Customer 1 (@BigManLittleCar)
Oct 27th got the turbo #1 and noticed the "Big inlet" had awful fitment and did not seal or match inlet hole without silicon
Oct 29th installed turbo #1 after a couple pulls on the street turbo got very "laggy" and needed to be inspected. After inspection we found a large amount of shaft play causing the turbo wheels to rub the housings. Turbo #1 sent back to Bryan.
Nov 7th Turbo #2 was installed a few days before and after dyno tuning turbo #2 got laggy like turbo 1#. Car sat until Turbo #3 arrived. While swapping turbos we found that the vband clamp holding the exhaust housing to the center section had fell off.
Nov 16th Turbo#3 had a exhaust wheel that broke and filled the whole exhaust with oil costing us a new exhaust system. Turbo #2 was inspected and a new clamp was installed and the turbo was re installed
May 4th Turbo #2 started smoking and burning oil.

Also notes for this car due to these issues customer was without car several time. Dead Hook Motorsports spent well over 20 hours inspecting, diagnosing and swapping turbos. Also Dyno time which cost over $100 per hour. Shipping turbos back to Bryan

Customer #2
Installed turbo in Dec
May 14th Received email with turbo smoking

Customer #3
Installed Turbo in Jan and still no issues

Customer #4
Installed turbo April and no issues

Customer #5
Not installed yet

Customer #6
Dec 24th Installed
Jan 24th Turbo Smoking
Jan 24th DHM spent $127.45 to overnight customer new turbo
March 9th DHM spent $15.82 to return failed turbo.
No issues since then

Plus shipping fee to Bryan. Customer had to pay labor out of pocket

Customer #7
March 17th Local install no issues since.

on April 16th we removed the C39 (DHM ST280) from our web site and posted this on our DHM Facebook page

"A few of you may have noticed that the ST280 kit is no longer listed on our website.
On Sunday, 16 April 2017, Dead Hook Motorsports (DHM) removed the ST280 from our product offerings. We understand that this decision has caused some confusion.
We are dedicated to quality engineered beyond form and function. As we evolve and adapt in an ever-changing market, living up to our mission statement ensures our products and services provide customers with both a supreme and favorable experience.
DHM will continue to focus on our other great products and services. This decision will not affect customers who have already made their purchase of an ST280 prior to 16 Apr 2017.
We apologize for the confusion this may have generated and thank you for your time!"

On April 17th Bryan (SS) sent me this text.

IMG_0938 by Russell Culver, on Flickr

IMG_0939 by Russell Culver, on Flickr

Also on April 17th Bryan made his last post on this forum site. So for almost a full month Bryan has not posted a single thing on the forum.

He unfriended Myself, Isaac (Hijinx), and John (Bigmanlittlecar) from facebook.

on May 8th, 9th, 14th i sent him a text and got no response.

on May 11th i called and left a message no response

on May 11th I sent a FB message no response

on may 7th Bigmanlittle car sent him a message no response.

Here are some other non DHM customers

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/13212-White-Smoke-Coming-Out-of-Exhaust

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...oming-out-of-exhaust-after-turbo-installation

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/12936-Blowing-White-Smoke

I will be adding more info and more pictures very soon to this. I have spent a lot of time today calling customers and talking to them. Also getting all the facts above here straight. The bottom line is we have alot of upset customers that we have to refund money too and is costing DHM out of their pocket. I waited a long time to try and resolve this professionally and it has been long enough. I can not wait any longer to get resolution to beable to take care of people that buy from DHM.

I want to also add that I have had dinner and drinks with Bryan more than once and 30-60min phone convos several times. Considered him a friend and someone i can share things with so this was very very hard for me to put out there.

Russell Culver
Owner
Dead Hook Motorsports
Sorry you had to deal with this mess. As I mentioned to you over the phone the other day I will have a solution for you to offer here shortly. I will link you to the post I'm making today.

Also, for everyone else that gave me shit during the whole Cyborg vs X37 days....... Where you at now?

Brura22

I think the silence from SS speaks for itself, if he really wanted to defend his product he could.
Clearly it's not worth it

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Come on guys....no key board commandos here....lets just try to solve the issue at hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.