Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ish

I'm just saying. I personally know 3 guys running C39 with no issues. I think it's worth installing and giving it a go as opposed to trying to sell it at a big loss. Just my .02 worth.
Why would he do that? Odds are against him that the turbo will be just fine. Assuming he does his own work, it would be alot of unnecessary hours wasted and money wasted on tuning.

Why would he do that? Odds are against him that the turbo will be just fine. Assuming he does his own work, it would be alot of unnecessary hours wasted and money wasted on tuning.
Yea that's what I'm thinking and exactly how I feel. DHM had one customer with multiple bad ones. Sucks I'm out 2100.00 which will keep me from buying anything else other than maybe doing something with what my car already has and tuning. If I didn't buy that turbo I'd be willing to spend 3500.00-4K on something else but to now spend that on top of the $2100 I'm not doing. So I'm just curious if tuning my car now would be worth the $250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I'd like to know this as well... [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION]
It's not that easy. As far as I know the turbos are balanced as an assembly. Also turbo seals that are the exact oem are not something you can just call borg warner or ford and buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Well this is a post i was hopping that i would not have to make.

Here we go...

Back in October 2016 We started offering the C39 from Bryan (SourSkittle) as a turbo upgrade for Dead Hook Motorsports known as the ST280 kit.

Qty:
Sold 11
Purchased 9 from Bryan (SS)
Installed/Shipped 7
Tuned about 12-16
Turbos failed 5 (Plus 3 tune customers. So Atleast 8 that i can personally confirm)
Money spent with Bryan $11,150

Customer 1 (@BigManLittleCar)
Oct 27th got the turbo #1 and noticed the "Big inlet" had awful fitment and did not seal or match inlet hole without silicon
Oct 29th installed turbo #1 after a couple pulls on the street turbo got very "laggy" and needed to be inspected. After inspection we found a large amount of shaft play causing the turbo wheels to rub the housings. Turbo #1 sent back to Bryan.
Nov 7th Turbo #2 was installed a few days before and after dyno tuning turbo #2 got laggy like turbo 1#. Car sat until Turbo #3 arrived. While swapping turbos we found that the vband clamp holding the exhaust housing to the center section had fell off.
Nov 16th Turbo#3 had a exhaust wheel that broke and filled the whole exhaust with oil costing us a new exhaust system. Turbo #2 was inspected and a new clamp was installed and the turbo was re installed
May 4th Turbo #2 started smoking and burning oil.

Also notes for this car due to these issues customer was without car several time. Dead Hook Motorsports spent well over 20 hours inspecting, diagnosing and swapping turbos. Also Dyno time which cost over $100 per hour. Shipping turbos back to Bryan

Customer #2
Installed turbo in Dec
May 14th Received email with turbo smoking

Customer #3
Installed Turbo in Jan and still no issues

Customer #4
Installed turbo April and no issues

Customer #5
Not installed yet

Customer #6
Dec 24th Installed
Jan 24th Turbo Smoking
Jan 24th DHM spent $127.45 to overnight customer new turbo
March 9th DHM spent $15.82 to return failed turbo.
No issues since then

Plus shipping fee to Bryan. Customer had to pay labor out of pocket

Customer #7
March 17th Local install no issues since.

on April 16th we removed the C39 (DHM ST280) from our web site and posted this on our DHM Facebook page

"A few of you may have noticed that the ST280 kit is no longer listed on our website.
On Sunday, 16 April 2017, Dead Hook Motorsports (DHM) removed the ST280 from our product offerings. We understand that this decision has caused some confusion.
We are dedicated to quality engineered beyond form and function. As we evolve and adapt in an ever-changing market, living up to our mission statement ensures our products and services provide customers with both a supreme and favorable experience.
DHM will continue to focus on our other great products and services. This decision will not affect customers who have already made their purchase of an ST280 prior to 16 Apr 2017.
We apologize for the confusion this may have generated and thank you for your time!"

On April 17th Bryan (SS) sent me this text.

IMG_0938 by Russell Culver, on Flickr

IMG_0939 by Russell Culver, on Flickr

Also on April 17th Bryan made his last post on this forum site. So for almost a full month Bryan has not posted a single thing on the forum.

He unfriended Myself, Isaac (Hijinx), and John (Bigmanlittlecar) from facebook.

on May 8th, 9th, 14th i sent him a text and got no response.

on May 11th i called and left a message no response

on May 11th I sent a FB message no response

on may 7th Bigmanlittle car sent him a message no response.

Here are some other non DHM customers

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/13212-White-Smoke-Coming-Out-of-Exhaust

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...oming-out-of-exhaust-after-turbo-installation

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/12936-Blowing-White-Smoke

I will be adding more info and more pictures very soon to this. I have spent a lot of time today calling customers and talking to them. Also getting all the facts above here straight. The bottom line is we have alot of upset customers that we have to refund money too and is costing DHM out of their pocket. I waited a long time to try and resolve this professionally and it has been long enough. I can not wait any longer to get resolution to beable to take care of people that buy from DHM.

I want to also add that I have had dinner and drinks with Bryan more than once and 30-60min phone convos several times. Considered him a friend and someone i can share things with so this was very very hard for me to put out there.

Russell Culver
Owner
Dead Hook Motorsports
Wow! I came to this thread looking for new info on the C39 and found this.. Thanks for the heads up! The search continues..

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Wow....disappointing is an understatement here!

So sorry to hear this guys...I can not believe SS is blatantly blowing you guys off and not doing the right thing by offering to fix the problem or offering a return and refund...His behavior is totally unacceptable....

If he doesn't step up and do the right thing here perhaps you guys that have been affected can get together and seek legal counsel to initiate a class action case to recover your losses?

Again, so sorry to hear this...

Last edited:

Ish

If you bought from him directly, you have 6 months to open a case through paypal. Thats if you didnt gift the payment which i hope none of you guys did..

Siestarider

Bryan has a full time job at Publix, and has a bunch of kids to care for. I understood this cyborg thing was a passionate hobby. I really wish he would just surface and tell his side of the story.

For me, the lost money is not worth legal action. I am actually more upset about the time I spent searching for boost leaks when it was a failed turbo. And then doing it again with C39. Too many hours lost that should have been spent tracking.

For the record, my Cyborg blew oil seal on compressor side. Later, my C39 had a foreign object (actually a single air horn fastener) inside the intake that literally fell out in my hands when I turned the turbo upside down after dismounting it. Since I have never removed or mounted an intake horn, it could not have come from me, its a pretty unique fastener.

Before mounting the C39 I found some loose fasteners, including the V band. I pointed that out to Bryan, my guess is quality control became a problem as he got too busy.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
If you bought from him directly, you have 6 months to open a case through paypal. Thats if you didnt gift the payment which i hope none of you guys did..
One time I agree with ish. Never gift money on PayPal.

Yeahhhhhh. I definitely gifted him the money. But I seem to be one of the few that are still running one of the very first C39s with no issue and I've tracked mine and frequently go 100-120ish mph on my commute. And it's been over 6 months for me but I'm not worried about it at this point.

You know I was thinking the EXACT same thing.
I remember that thread, that guy that sold the stage 3 kit to like 5 different people and shit.

What surprises me is if this is infact the SAME SS, he really dragged out this scam[emoji23]

I remember that. His screen name was GLHtoo, although there is a Sour Skittle.

Sent from my iPhone
Look at the last post, am I trippin'?

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-6079.html

FoxFiesta

I'm not understanding what you're trying to say...?
SourSkittles says he is the guy someone else said porked over the SRT folks,

"I am literally the OG of the neon srt4 stock turbo upgrade. My screen name was "GLHtoo". There is even an old thread where I asked "the experts" at AGP ( the only name in big turbo upgrades for srt4's in 2005 ) if they had thought about upgrading the stock turbo and they told me A) it was not really possible, and B) it would not be cost effective and if it was, no profit would be left ). 3 years after that post by AGP, the shop I work for/with had sold $200k worth of srt4 upgraded turbos. We sold turbos to a few different company's. I did all the testing and base testing for PTP performance ( which ended up with a bad rap after THEIR business practices caught up with them )."

Status
Not open for further replies.