Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats going to be impressive. He's def trying to make a super reliable set up. He's seen the C39 and put it on steroids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes indeed [emoji1303] just making sure you know the options out there! I'm running the atp 2554r right now and I can honestly say it has a good bit of lag but pulls super hard to redline. The mountune version has some goodies to kill the lag which is great! I subbed to the mountune turbo thread to see some numbers posted and where the boost hits compared to the ATP.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Like reading a book! You already know SS is reading this thread with the lights turned low and a glass of Red. Not
my glass to worry about...

Sent from my CIA monitored device

Siestarider

All the data I have read in this thread say bearings/seals are the #1 issue. Correct me if I am misunderstanding, but stock turbo bearings/seals should fix the problem?

The point Russ made that ordering the right seals is no easy task is pertinent. On the other hand, surely replacing bearings/seals in a C39 or Cyborg is not that big a deal.

The story as I understand it so far is that SS is a victim of poor subcontractor work, ie bearings/seals. And has had severe recent personal problems. So when all the shit hits the fan at once in one's personal and professional life, most of us take time off. Some of us take a dive. Nearly all of us get back up to fight again.

Not clear yet where SS is, but I would love to have his opinion on how best to correct the issue on his turbos, since he knows more about the failures than anyone else. I still regard my C39 as a classic piece of American hot rod ingenuity, want to keep it and make it work.

So I never posted this because I didn't want to cause drama, but...
Back in the Fall of 2016 I sold my X37 to SS because I was going back to stock and he offered to send me a stock turbo back.

I sold him the unit, which I originally purchased during Adams run with Puma.
I put only 5k on the turbo, didn't beat on it at all, and the thing ran GREAT, didn't smoke a bit or sound strange at all.

He gets the turbo and proceeds to tell me this.
He then "rebuilds it" and sold it as that X37 "plus" back last year.

I think it's hilarious where he said if he sent me a turbo that blew up, he would send another one LMFAO

He was also selling people "X37" but that wasn't my place to call him out on it. He would take the X37's that were sent in to be "upgraded" and then use the wheels in another stock turbo core and sell it off behind the scenes as a X37.

I also like the part in the conversation where he said that he would take care of you and would do more than what Pumaspeed and Adam would do. There was only one issue with a Pumaspeed product when I was selling them and it was because a customer didn't take the plastic plug out of the drain. I got the customer a new turbo even though it was his own fault, lol.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
All the data I have read in this thread say bearings/seals are the #1 issue. Correct me if I am misunderstanding, but stock turbo bearings/seals should fix the problem?

The point Russ made that ordering the right seals is no easy task is pertinent. On the other hand, surely replacing bearings/seals in a C39 or Cyborg is not that big a deal.

The story as I understand it so far is that SS is a victim of poor subcontractor work, ie bearings/seals. And has had severe recent personal problems. So when all the shit hits the fan at once in one's personal and professional life, most of us take time off. Some of us take a dive. Nearly all of us get back up to fight again.

Not clear yet where SS is, but I would love to have his opinion on how best to correct the issue on his turbos, since he knows more about the failures than anyone else. I still regard my C39 as a classic piece of American hot rod ingenuity, want to keep it and make it work.
Didn't he already state to send them to the Florida ave in Lakeland location for repair ?

This is what I'm thinking. Replacing seals and bearings is standard procedure for rebuilding a turbo, so I can't see it being that big a deal.
[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] Have the failed turbos you've gotten back for repair/diagnosis had any other issues with them other than the bearings/seals?

Also, can someone clarify what exactly was the additional C39 upgrade over the original Cyborg? The info in the OP is not clear to me what the changes were. I had the original Cyborg with thousands of miles on it with no issues and later upgraded to the C39.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
This is what I'm thinking. Replacing seals and bearings is standard procedure for rebuilding a turbo, so I can't see it being that big a deal.

[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] Have the failed turbos you've gotten back for repair/diagnosis had any other issues with them other than the bearings/seals?

Also, can someone clarify what exactly was the additional C39 upgrade over the original Cyborg? The info in the OP is not clear to me what the changes were. I had the original Cyborg with thousands of miles on it with no issues and later upgraded to the C39.

Turbine wheel. The Comp is the same.

so is DHM refunding people yet? or at least giving them options to pay for the difference to upgrade to a bigger GTX style turbo that they sell so many of?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
SOME KIND OF SELF SERVING POST SO FEEL FREE TO SKIP!

I often gave SS shit about being a garage mechanic and such awhile back when Cyborgs were the go to kit. I for one never trusted the dude, never liked his porting work, or could ever get behind the no info, insanely looong roll out of the C39 in the first place. Now you all know why that roll out was what it was. I was definitely one of the conspiracy theory drum beaters early on.

But what always got under my skin is how so many defended SS to the death whenever anyone presented the possibility that he might be putting out bad product. I thought i would be feeling vindicated but it KILLS me there are guys suffering now over his kits and Russ got burned (but he should have known better).i'm feeling some guilt here.

*Flame suit now equipped* ...for good reason...I'm here to apologize to all of you.

I stopped following this thread when i first found out about customer#1 and all of the issues. I tuned out because SS/DHM chose not to disclose the problems they were having at the time. They just kept pumping the C39 as the next big thing. Taking orders as if nothing was wrong. I posted repeatedly in this very thread that the C39 roll out delays were suspect! I TRIED DROPPING HINTS! It truly made me sick that they continued to sell turbos they saw repeated failures with. I thought about it daily and did nothing but unsub this thread. Eventually, I couldn't stand even seeing this thread's title. I'm so sorry to those who got burned. If only i would have said something.

But I was sworn to secrecy (not by customer#1). Think of me what you will but again, trust is something I value & someone put there trust in me so i said nothing. Kind of like Hijinx's "politically correct" explanation (not like him at all lol). It was really for Russ or Bryan to say. I figured I'd be tar'ed and feathered if I blew the lid on this thing last year. But again, please accept my apologies. I had hoped everything went well for everyone after all and that i was right for staying shut. I only dug this thread up when i noticed today that DHM pulled the kit from their website. I knew something had to be up. FUCK, i shoulda said something!

I'm also here to thank [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] for finally saying something! Coming out after the fact takes a big, BIG man. I lumped Russ in with my dislike of Bryan cause i really felt they should have been transparent. Instead they conspired. I THINK I get it tho. From Russ' perspective...You trust a guy, chalk failures up to teething issues and hope the QC gets better. Apparently it never did. But Russ put business and perhaps friendship above total transparency. I'm not sure that'll ever sit right with me. But I absolutely applaud what he is doing now to make it right!!! It's not lost on me that he is the only reason you guys know anything at all. I swore him off last year. And maybe i'm making to much of this but...this was an act of courage on Russ' part. It also shows genuine regret and a sincere effort to make it right. That's HUGE for me. I hope he'll be tuning Adam's new kit cuz he's shown he can be trusted in the end to the right fuckin thing. I wish i had done that last year and maybe those in the dog house now would be happy x-47 customers.

And Bryan, i hope ur reading all this. I won't say what i'd love to say to you but.....[nutkick]

Ish

I often gave SS shit about being a garage mechanic and such awhile back when Cyborgs were the go to kit. I for one never trusted the dude, never liked his porting work, or could ever get behind the no info, insanely looong roll out of the C39 in the first place. Now you all know why that roll out was what it was. I was definitely one of the conspiracy theory drum beaters early on.

But what always got under my skin is how so many defended SS to the death whenever anyone presented the possibility that he might be putting out bad product. I thought i would be feeling vindicated but it KILLS me there are guys suffering now over his kits and Russ got burned (but he should have known better).i'm feeling some guilt here.

*Flame suit now equipped* ...for good reason...I'm here to apologize to all of you.

I stopped following this thread when i first found out about customer#1 and all of the issues. I tuned out because SS/DHM chose not to disclose the problems they were having at the time. They just kept pumping the C39 as the next big thing. Taking orders as if nothing was wrong. I posted repeatedly in this very thread that the C39 roll out delays were suspect! I TRIED DROPPING HINTS! It truly made me sick that they continued to sell turbos they saw repeated failures with. I thought about it daily and did nothing but unsub this thread. Eventually, I couldn't stand even seeing this thread's title. I'm so sorry to those who got burned. If only i would have said something.

But I was sworn to secrecy (not by customer#1). Think of me what you will but again, trust is something I value & someone put there trust in me so i said nothing. Kind of like Hijinx's "politically correct" explanation (not like him at all lol). It was really for Russ or Bryan to say. I figured I'd be tar'ed and feathered if I blew the lid on this thing last year. But again, please accept my apologies. I had hoped everything went well for everyone after all and that i was right for staying shut. I only dug this thread up when i noticed today that DHM pulled the kit from their website. I knew something had to be up. FUCK, i shoulda said something!

I'm also here to thank [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] for finally saying something! Coming out after the fact takes a big, BIG man. I lumped Russ in with my dislike of Bryan cause i really felt they should have been transparent. Instead they conspired. I THINK I get it tho. From Russ' perspective...You trust a guy, chalk failures up to teething issues and hope the QC gets better. Apparently it never did. But Russ put business and perhaps friendship above total transparency. I'm not sure that'll ever sit right with me. But I absolutely applaud what he is doing now to make it right!!! It's not lost on me that he is the only reason you guys know anything at all. I swore him off last year. And maybe i'm making to much of this but...this was an act of courage on Russ' part. It also shows genuine regret and a sincere effort to make it right. That's HUGE for me. I hope he'll be tuning Adam's new kit cuz he's shown he can be trusted in the end to the right fuckin thing. I wish i had done that last year and maybe those in the dog house now would be happy x-47 customers.

And Bryan, i hope ur reading all this. I won't say what i'd love to say to you but.....[nutkick]
I agree 100 percent. He always seemed shady to me no matter how many times i heard his "customer service was second to none". Just the way he would ALWAYS put down the more reliable and proven hybrids was a huge red flag to me. But like you said, you couldn't call him out on his BS because you'd have a swarm of SS riders come to his defense lol[dunno][hihi]

I mean we're not all data deniers lol. I ordered my X47 before any of this stuff came out about them failing. Also I've had my C39 since before he opened them up to sale to everyone. Mine still works fine...but that X47 makes more power and spools faster. I wanted the fastest hybrid possible. So I upgraded. Well it's not on yet. I got my tune from Adam ready and installing the X47 and CP-E intake on Saturday [twothumb] I'll be able to post my vDynos of both right on top of each other with same fuel and all other mods being equal (except intake going from Injen to CP-E).

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
so is DHM refunding people yet? or at least giving them options to pay for the difference to upgrade to a bigger GTX style turbo that they sell so many of?
We want to give out refunds, but the first thing we need to do is get our money back before we can start dishing out refunds left and right. If you want to give us more money for a GTX kit, that's a lot more simple except we don't have any in stock, and we're not doing pre-order builds anymore because of our lead time issues.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"You almost got it! Gotta be quicker 'n that!"

But, seriously, though. The "politically correct statement" is what it is...we couldn't confirm or deny issues until they became a problem because there really is nothing inherently wrong with the C39. I've been in customer service for a while (Tier I and Tier II IT and publishing notices about widespread issues on the Air Force network) and a lot of those soft and hard skills translate over into the car world... Anyway, I say that to say this - An issue DOES NOT constitute a problem. Regardless of what anyone tells you, you can't go around saying whatever you want whenever you want. Many times I bite my tongue here and in real life, weighing what I can/should say and to what extent. My words are weighed and chosen to a high degree at nearly all times.

DvC

We want to give out refunds, but the first thing we need to do is get our money back before we can start dishing out refunds left and right. If you want to give us more money for a GTX kit, that's a lot more simple except we don't have any in stock, and we're not doing pre-order builds anymore because of our lead time issues.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I was going to call this morning and propose the GTX upgrade path as it would be the least detrimental to both DHM and I but i guess i will save my breath. You spent plenty of posts saying you would take care of those affected and give refunds if necessary and now its predicated on something that is guaranteed not to happen.

I am going to buy a Lamborghini tomorrow after i win the lottery.

In as many words - SS told you guys to go fuck yourselves so now your telling us to go fuck ourselves. I have literally 0% belief Bryan will give anyone any money back ( i have to believe DHM doesn't either ) and he has said as much in the convos with Russ. Not sure why we are the ones eating this when you guys knew turbos were failing. You guys had 3 turbos fail right off the bat and you continued to sell them. Then a 4th one failed, still you sold them. Now 5 out of the 9 purchased from SS have failed. Even after you pulled the kits from your site DHM was making posts about how if their was some % of known failures or issues Bryan would be standup and tell everyone.
[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] even made a post about having to refund customers and it was costing them out of pocket ( i am not sure you refunded one person ), now you're saying we have to wait for SS to give us money back. So much for being standup about it.

The "politically correct statement" is what it is...we couldn't confirm or deny issues until they became a problem because there really is nothing inherently wrong with the C39. Anyway, I say that to say this - An issue DOES NOT constitute a problem. Regardless of what anyone tells you, you can't go around saying whatever you want whenever you want.
Maybe my standards are a bit higher than [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] but if you're at a 30% failure rate before you've sold any there is something inherently wrong. If your toilet didn't flush 30% of the time after you took a shit you might be differently inclined to say what issues are inherent. Then even after the 4th out of 9 fails (45% failure) you decided these are still good, keep going. Then mine fails too 55% failure rate. Quality.

You're going to have to forgive my anger at this whole thing. I might as well have lit my money on fire.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I was going to call this morning and propose the GTX upgrade path as it would be the least detrimental to both DHM and I but i guess i will save my breath. You spent plenty of posts saying you would take care of those affected and give refunds if necessary and now its predicated on something that is guaranteed not to happen.

I am going to buy a Lamborghini tomorrow after i win the lottery.

In as many words - SS told you guys to go fuck yourselves so now your telling us to go fuck ourselves. I have literally 0% belief Bryan will give anyone any money back ( i have to believe DHM doesn't either ) and he has said as much in the convos with Russ. Not sure why we are the ones eating this when you guys knew turbos were failing. You guys had 3 turbos fail right off the bat and you continued to sell them. Then a 4th one failed, still you sold them. Now 5 out of the 9 purchased from SS have failed. Even after you pulled the kits from your site DHM was making posts about how if their was some % of known failures or issues Bryan would be standup and tell everyone.
[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] even made a post about having to refund customers and it was costing them out of pocket ( i am not sure you refunded one person ), now you're saying we have to wait for SS to give us money back. So much for being standup about it.

Maybe my standards are a bit higher than [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] but if you're at a 30% failure rate before you've sold any there is something inherently wrong. If your toilet didn't flush 30% of the time after you took a shit you might be differently inclined to say what issues are inherent. Then even after the 4th out of 9 fails (45% failure) you decided these are still good, keep going. Then mine fails too 55% failure rate. Quality.

You're going to have to forgive my anger at this whole thing. I might as well have lit my money on fire.
I understand, and take no offense to your anger. It's a righteous anger. But, there really isn't anything inherently flawed with it...there was incompetence involved. We plan on making things right, we just need some patience.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
If you want to put your money towards a GTX kit, send me an email. I'll see what we can do.

It might feel that way, but there isn't a "no" here. Not everything can be done on Amazon Prime time.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
If you want to put your money towards a GTX kit, send me an email. I'll see what we can do.

It might feel that way, but there isn't a "no" here. Not everything can be done on Amazon Prime time.
Clarity:

- If you haven't yet received your ST280 C39, and would like to put money towards a DHM GTX kit (or even an ATP) email me.

- If your ST280 C39 has failed, DHM will refund as fast as we can. Or you can send it the location Bryan has already noted.

- If your ST280 C39 is working, there's no refund.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Let's not forget that [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] was a distributor of SS's turbos and not the vendor. We can't expect (nor want) [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] to make any announcements regarding a vendor's product until they've had time to thrash it out with the vendor to avoid shitty messaging. Once Russ had the facts, both with respect to the problem and SS's lack of a solution, he decided that it was time to go public.

I think that we can all agree that DHM is amongst the most respected vendors on this forum and that they will make every reasonable attempt to do what's best for their customers. Personally, I don't think that asking DHM to go 100% out of pocket for SS's production fuckup is reasonable.

I never understood this forum's tolerance for SS's juvenile bullshit and bashing. SS took a fixable production and PR problem and mixed it up with some personal drama into such a mess that he decided to run away and hide. He blew one hell of an opportunity and, hopefully, won't weasel himself into a position to cause this much damage again.

We want to give out refunds, but the first thing we need to do is get our money back before we can start dishing out refunds left and right.

DHM, I'm sorry but that is some serious bullshit. Let me give you a recent example in my business and show you what the difference between the customer service you are having and the customer service I gave out.

I own a Automotive Repair Shop, Similar business as what you guys have @ DHM. I had a customer come in with a Ford Explorer the timing chain was junk and needed to be replaced. For those who don't know the ford 4.0 sohc motors have a timing chain on the front and one on the back. (front ones always fail rear ones typically don't) quoted the customer 2200 to replace said timing chain (front only because its where all the noises came from and they didn't have/want to spend the extra money to pull the motor to do both front and rear timing chains)

We finished the job turned the car on for the first time and BAM, timing slipped because of a bad timing chain tensioner (brand new out of the box failure) WOW sucky for me right, my technician spent all this time doing this and now for nothing. I ended up having to pay for a new cylinder head, which we ended up doing the rear chain stuff as well since the head now had to come off, we didn't realize the tensioner had failed at first so we took this car apart 3 times before finally finding the tiny flaw in the tensioner that was causing the slippage. It's a 2 day job everytime you have to take this apart as well so not only am I out the $$$ for the tech to install this over and over, but I'm also out on all the work he could have been doing.... Overall I lost over 10k in lost sales, and chose to pay her rental car fees (800$), and gave her a 300$ discount on top for the trouble and for us having to keep the car for such a long time. I easily lost about 12-15k on this one job.

Now your wondering how does this relate. Yes I am going to get some money back from the part manufacturer to cover some of these costs (in reality maybe ill get 1500$ back from them. But did I hold the customer hostage this whole time until I got paid... NO in fact I am STILL waiting to get paid on this, it takes time, but customers don't have time. They need their cars back so they can drive to work and what not.

DHM by not paying out immediately and waiting for this magical money to come from SourSkittle (Hint its never ever coming back to you) you need to man up pay out NOW, not later.

Not only are you losing these customers you sold turbos too, but your losing others like me, I was ready to buy a DHM crashbar but after seeing this, I don't want to do business with you anymore. Being a business owner myself I understand you don't want to necessarily pull 10k out of your personal/business bank account to refund all these peoples problem, but its part of owning a business. You have to suck it up and make it right.

I would expect this from SourSkittle type of business where its home grown out of a garage, probably not a legit business paying taxs and insurance and all that.(which is why I did not buy a c39) But coming from a "reputable" place like yourself people have a certain piece of mind to order from you so that if something like this happens they are covered. You(DHM) not covering this makes you look like a SourSkittle type business... and that sucks not only for the FiST community but for all the cars you guys do work/sell parts on.

Status
Not open for further replies.