Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Well this is a post i was hopping that i would not have to make.

Here we go...

Back in October 2016 We started offering the C39 from Bryan (SourSkittle) as a turbo upgrade for Dead Hook Motorsports known as the ST280 kit.

Qty:
Sold 11
Purchased 9 from Bryan (SS)
Installed/Shipped 7
Tuned about 12-16
Turbos failed 5 (Plus 3 tune customers. So Atleast 8 that i can personally confirm)
Money spent with Bryan $11,150

Customer 1 (@BigManLittleCar)
Oct 27th got the turbo #1 and noticed the "Big inlet" had awful fitment and did not seal or match inlet hole without silicon
Oct 29th installed turbo #1 after a couple pulls on the street turbo got very "laggy" and needed to be inspected. After inspection we found a large amount of shaft play causing the turbo wheels to rub the housings. Turbo #1 sent back to Bryan.
Nov 7th Turbo #2 was installed a few days before and after dyno tuning turbo #2 got laggy like turbo 1#. Car sat until Turbo #3 arrived. While swapping turbos we found that the vband clamp holding the exhaust housing to the center section had fell off.
Nov 16th Turbo#3 had a exhaust wheel that broke and filled the whole exhaust with oil costing us a new exhaust system. Turbo #2 was inspected and a new clamp was installed and the turbo was re installed
May 4th Turbo #2 started smoking and burning oil.

Also notes for this car due to these issues customer was without car several time. Dead Hook Motorsports spent well over 20 hours inspecting, diagnosing and swapping turbos. Also Dyno time which cost over $100 per hour. Shipping turbos back to Bryan

Customer #2
Installed turbo in Dec
May 14th Received email with turbo smoking

Customer #3
Installed Turbo in Jan and still no issues

Customer #4
Installed turbo April and no issues

Customer #5
Not installed yet

Customer #6
Dec 24th Installed
Jan 24th Turbo Smoking
Jan 24th DHM spent $127.45 to overnight customer new turbo
March 9th DHM spent $15.82 to return failed turbo.
No issues since then

Plus shipping fee to Bryan. Customer had to pay labor out of pocket

Customer #7
March 17th Local install no issues since.

on April 16th we removed the C39 (DHM ST280) from our web site and posted this on our DHM Facebook page

"A few of you may have noticed that the ST280 kit is no longer listed on our website.
On Sunday, 16 April 2017, Dead Hook Motorsports (DHM) removed the ST280 from our product offerings. We understand that this decision has caused some confusion.
We are dedicated to quality engineered beyond form and function. As we evolve and adapt in an ever-changing market, living up to our mission statement ensures our products and services provide customers with both a supreme and favorable experience.
DHM will continue to focus on our other great products and services. This decision will not affect customers who have already made their purchase of an ST280 prior to 16 Apr 2017.
We apologize for the confusion this may have generated and thank you for your time!"

On April 17th Bryan (SS) sent me this text.

IMG_0938 by Russell Culver, on Flickr

IMG_0939 by Russell Culver, on Flickr

Also on April 17th Bryan made his last post on this forum site. So for almost a full month Bryan has not posted a single thing on the forum.

He unfriended Myself, Isaac (Hijinx), and John (Bigmanlittlecar) from facebook.

on May 8th, 9th, 14th i sent him a text and got no response.

on May 11th i called and left a message no response

on May 11th I sent a FB message no response

on may 7th Bigmanlittle car sent him a message no response.

Here are some other non DHM customers

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/13212-White-Smoke-Coming-Out-of-Exhaust

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...oming-out-of-exhaust-after-turbo-installation

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/12936-Blowing-White-Smoke

I will be adding more info and more pictures very soon to this. I have spent a lot of time today calling customers and talking to them. Also getting all the facts above here straight. The bottom line is we have alot of upset customers that we have to refund money too and is costing DHM out of their pocket. I waited a long time to try and resolve this professionally and it has been long enough. I can not wait any longer to get resolution to beable to take care of people that buy from DHM.

I want to also add that I have had dinner and drinks with Bryan more than once and 30-60min phone convos several times. Considered him a friend and someone i can share things with so this was very very hard for me to put out there.

Russell Culver
Owner
Dead Hook Motorsports

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thanks for the transparency Russell.

Edit: Also, charge your phone! It takes major chutzpah to run at 3%

Last edited:

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Russ the honesty is appreciated. I thank you as I'm sure others have well. He has unfriended me on fb as well I just looked. Idk why all of a sudden he stopped. We will never know.

DvC

Damn Russ sorry you have to deal with this stuff. I am kinda frustrated too having to waste Ron's time and my mechanics time and my money trying to fix what I thought were broken parts to get this stuff resolved. You called while I was at work today so I was unable to answer. Thanks for being straight up.
[MENTION=5039]Jesse[/MENTION]

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Damn Russ sorry you have to deal with this stuff. I am kinda frustrated too having to waste Ron's time and my mechanics time and my money trying to fix what I thought were broken parts to get this stuff resolved. You called while I was at work today so I was unable to answer. Thanks for being straight up.
[MENTION=5039]Jesse[/MENTION]
I was looking for detail on the turbo and miles that kinda stuff. Also to assure you and all my customers DHM will do everything we can to have your back.

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that's truly unfortunate sorry you have to go through that Russ :/ hopefully everything works itself out.

DvC

I was looking for detail on the turbo and miles that kinda stuff. Also to assure you and all my customers DHM will do everything we can to have your back.

Russ

Pmd you with deets

Siestarider

I really like Bryan. Have been to Lakeland to see him, and picked up my first ported and polished cyborg in late 2015. Cyborg blew oil seal and lost compressor function after 3 months running Cobb S3 tune Returned to Bryan, paid add $ to have it converted to C39 specs, mounted again August 2016. Lost compression again after 6 weeks, still tuning, did not break 250 hp before failure.

Sent it back again, plus spare parts, plus more $. Now been 7 months and no turbo, cannot get any response in past 5 weeks with any media I have tried. I am out above $2K and cannot get a reply since April 5, 2017, when he sent me a pic with a turbo tagged for me.

I was really hoping it was just me having problems. Bryan is not a wealthy person, maybe he is overwhelmed with the unexpected failures and their price tag. Regardless of how difficult it is to be "stand up", there is no other option.

Bryan, either stand up and discuss these issues with your customers and friends, or you will never recover your own self respect. Do it for you, not for those of us who trust you. But do what is right, money or not, make a clean breast of it.

Yikes!!! Wow more than 50% failure rate is crazy, I know DHM will make it right and good of them to stop selling when they were having so many issues. Just crazy though! Bryan I hope you respond!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know alot of other Forum members here have belonged to another forum where things go awry and shit hits the fan. This is a very unfortunate situation that SourSkittles has put himself in. I have spoke to him on a couple of occasions and seemed like a decent guy.....the only way he can rectify this situation is to admit publicly the mistakes and justify the situation by doing what's right. I wish him and those involved the best of luck....i will be on the sidelines observing....all I can say is.... at least he delivered on most of his product and just didn't slither away with thousands of dollars and close the doors to his shop with people's product inside and never to be seen again. Best of luck to you all. Godspeed.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.