Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

grnmachine02

I mean who does a pull to only 2300? Seems odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Someone that wants to see what RPM 20psi spools at?

Let's go out on a limb and say the AP was manipulated some how. What would be the point? What possible benefit is there in that? From what I've seen around this forum, and elsewhere, DHM wouldn't need to manipulate numbers to get business. Their previous work speaks for itself.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Someone that wants to see what RPM 20psi spools at?
right i do this all the time. Reset the AP and go WOT until i see 20psi then look at the rpm haha but god only knows i got better things to do than hack the ap and fake it haha

Russ

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Cyborg Upgraded Stock Turbocharger System

right i do this all the time. Reset the AP and go WOT until i see 20psi then look at the rpm haha but god only knows i got better things to do than hack the ap and fake it haha

Russ
Do you have any 91 and 93 octane vdynos? I've only seen the one posted with e30.

There are a lot of pages to go through!

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Just want to say how impressed i am with the performance of this turbo! I have [MENTION=2280]bigmanlittlecar[/MENTION] 's Fiesta ST for some exhaust testing and with the stock exhaust out of there it really opened up for some more power. With our race intercooler going on it will make solid power all year around in all temps on the road and on the track!

2015 Fiesta ST
DHM ST280 Kit (C39 Turbo, 17psi TS WGA, TS Bov)
DHM Factory Fit intercooler
DHM 3" Catless Downpipe
(NEW!!) DHM 3" Vband Exhaust
DHM 93oct tune
Cobb intake (STOCK Airbox)

Here you can see a 3rd gear and 4th gear back to back making solid 270whp on 93oct!!

Here is a log of some peak boost testing you can see its make boost fast and makes for a awesome driving experiance

Here is the kit we offer!

http://deadhookmotorsports.com/Fiesta-ST/Fiesta-ST-Turbo-Upgrade/DHM-ST280-Fiesta-Turbo-Package

This comes as a turn key package! The WGA is pre set and tested, Bov is installed and tested, and we also include new turbo in and turbo out gaskets. PLUS it comes with our DHM protune!!! killer deal for the money! If you have a WGA or BOV you can select it without and save!

Russ

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Looks like max boost is around 3100-3200 on that vdyno-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yes thats how i tune it. i even do sock turbos similar. its a safety thing in my eyes and it kills the tires anyway haha no need to ramp it in any harder. You can see in the log that it plateaus at 2500rpm at like 23psi. But in the VD its a nice radius into boost not a spike up and then flat. I prefer this method. Most customers like the smooth linear feel. Also not having that spike of cylinder pressure is much better. doing OEM tuning like i have there is alot more going on that most dont realize.

I was simply just showing the turbo is able to make 20psi at x rpm for those who are wondering.

You have zero interest in buying a c39 so why are you even in here anyway clearly just because you have nothing better to do and to get under my skin because it gets you off.

TUX15ST

I actually had ron tune my car where it hits peak boost sooner (stock turbo) because i love that feeling, but it is nowhere near as smooth as it was when it was tuned the way russ is describing, also i typically hit a peak boost of 23-24 psi on the linear tune and now hit 26-27 psi with the rush of boost sooner, just to compare the methods but again this is on the stock turbo so id imagine a c39 would be crazy with that rush of boost lol

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,234
I'll take saving the tires and saving my engine. I posted weeks ago about the dangers of big boost at low RPM. It's got little to do with power, more reliability. Even straitifed, a long time ago, wrote they had some trouble at first with the cars leaning out at super low RPM when you let the stock turbo's off the leash, let alone these much larger compressor wheel'd turbo's pushing way more air at such a low rpm.

One of the first selling points for the old slower spoiling cyborg was that it smoothed out the torque "donkey kick" so you saved tires etc.

Guilty myself, those 300-350TQ spikes on a stock turbo were funny and a little crazy, but not worth an engine failure. And def not worth it when the torque spike ended and I was left with no topend, lol ( On the stock turbo ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I'll take saving the tires and saving my engine. I posted weeks ago about the dangers of big boost at low RPM. It's got little to do with power, more reliability. Even straitifed, a long time ago, wrote they had some trouble at first with the cars leaning out at super low RPM when you let the stock turbo's off the leash, let alone these much larger compressor wheel'd turbo's pushing way more air at such a low rpm.

One of the first selling points for the old slower spoiling cyborg was that it smoothed out the torque "donkey kick" so you saved tires etc.

Guilty myself, those 300-350TQ spikes on a stock turbo were funny and a little crazy, but not worth an engine failure. And def not worth it when the torque spike ended and I was left with no topend, lol ( On the stock turbo ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shhh dont tell them that le the "others" find out the hard way hahaaha

TUX15ST

Ironically i believe stratified still tunes this way, because this where i got used to the feeling of big boost sooner and made the request of my dhm protune. Although i will say the stratified tune seems a little smoother but also a little weaker, i suppose this is because dhm does not normally tune this way

JasonHaven

Looks awesome, DHM/SS, good work!

DHM, will you sell the tune separately if we order direct from SS? Also, would this work with the Tune+ IWG/stock BOV?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I had the first DHM EFR and it was great fun but damn hard to use effectively when I needed it the most, canyon, mountain runs, etc, I had to keep the revs really high all the time if I wanted to be fast and somewhat safe. Autocross would of been a waste of time, it hit so hard in the midband it was hard to use the power and dangerous at times on the road when I nearly sideswiped cars on the street due to torque steer. Having a hard hit at even lower RPMs then not much on top would of been even worse for my intended use.

My ex EFR is now on another car and doing far better with more time and tweaks from DHM that hindsight makes me wish I would of waited for.

IT WAS EXCITING but not very practical, now it is much better with the time and tweaks made tot it.

I will take a nice wide smooth power band any day over a 2 stroke like experience no matter how exiting it may feel.

A car that has USABLE power of the widest RMP range will be easier to drive and faster in most all situations except perhaps drag racing.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.