Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to change the topic here, but... These Fiesta ST's are absolutely amazing! I was the first one to own one in Indiana back in fall of 2013. Been running E30 on mine for last 40k miles stage 3. I do believe this car will go down in history as one of the best street cars ever produced. Most fun I've ever had.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,344
Cyborg Upgraded Stock Turbocharger System

Still a lot of work to do....
edit: I realized later that the 301whp one, I had an extra 95lbs in the car this morning :)

Not trying to change the topic here, but... These Fiesta ST's are absolutely amazing! I was the first one to own one in Indiana back in fall of 2013. Been running E30 on mine for last 40k miles stage 3. I do believe this car will go down in history as one of the best street cars ever produced. Most fun I've ever had.
To true enthusiasts yes, but trying to convince other people that have no clear vision on what an actual amazing driving vehicle is, might be tough lol. The FiST is one of those vehicle you really have to drive to appreciate. I said this when I was planning to get the RS and the FiST reminded me what I love so much about driving and what truly makes a "Fun" car.

These hybrids IMO were the deciding factor for me. A true have your cake and eat it to in terms of bowerband and potential. I'm a balance person when planning a build with slight favor in power to keep things interesting. If it wasn't for the Hybrid options I may have not bought a FiST even though my current mods satisfy me enough for now but I only have 1800 miles. This is my way of building something Ford may never offer, a FiRS :)

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Hey Bryan. First post in like 3 months. So I know you've got your replacement Engine back in and I'm assuming you're running a C39. Have you added anything else since I saw your car last?

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
nice to see your finally back from the dead lol
Hey Red. Yeah I'll pop in on occasion, nothing like before. Too busy with other things, but I'm still in search of that tune that's gonna put me at 300 whp. So checking to see if Bryan has added anything else in order to get there.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,349
Hey Red. Yeah I'll pop in on occasion, nothing like before. Too busy with other things, but I'm still in search of that tune that's gonna put me at 300 whp. So checking to see if Bryan has added anything else in order to get there.
2J racing intake. Ohhh, I did add that bad ass 3" turbo back exhaust that LHT built ( all 3", all mandrel bends, 3in/3out muffler ).

Non-ported manifold, non-ported turbine housing. I'm really regretting not doing the port work, but I'm so busy, I just wanted to get the car running again.

And of course my meth injection setup.

Corrected for weight of another person on 2 of the runs this morning ;). The 56log was without another person.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,351
Cyborg Upgraded Stock Turbocharger System

Cyborg turbo
14psi EFRwastegate
No port work
Cyborg big inlet
DHMrace intercooler
ATP hot pipe
Mistumto cold pipe
E30 meth injection
LHT custom 3" turbo back exhaust with magnaflow mufflerS
2J racing race intake with 2.5" section cut out and replaced with 3" ( but it still tappers to the stock inlet size of 2.5" at the turbo inlet ). Super nasty dirty K&N air filter ( I ordered a replacement but got the wrong filter ).
Denso colder plugs ( old ones, I installed my new set in a friends car a few weeks ago while swapping his Turbo Gabe ).
Boomba racing intake spacer and TB spacer
MAP performance block off plate with a Tial-Q BOV on the cold pipe.
9k mile engine I bought from the guy parting out two fiesta's on this forum.

Still working out the tune though...

AFR
Air flow lbs per/min
Charge air temp ( 69degrees outside )
RPM

gabe

Denso colder plugs ( old ones, I installed my new set in a friends car a few weeks ago while swapping his Turbo [MENTION=2188]gabe[/MENTION]).

Thank you!! :p

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
You know why I'm asking Bryan. We have a similar set up, so the main difference is you have 3" exhaust whereas I have 2.5" and you have a 2j intake and I have a Mishimoto and finally you have meth injection and I have ported exhaust manifold. So what did you put down on e30 no meth?

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
So Bryan. What are your impressions of your C39? Since this is the first time you actually own one? Pretty sure it feels better around town than the Volvo setup.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,356
The one time I made a pull without meth, it was still getting a lot of throttle closures in the tune, and even with like 50% throttle it leaned out to 12.5 AFR when I commanded like 11.3 AFR and I said, "well, why waste time, where is the meth jug". I didn't want to goof around with 24psi type pressures.

Ironically, I did try a little to do a pump gas tune. It was a nightmare. I couldn't get the car to stop getting corrections in the 3000-4000rpm area. And I'm a little "gun shy" with just spent so much time swapping the motor. I never had an issue with 93oct and meth or E40 and meth back when I had the first cyborg. So I jumped into E30. And of course.... insanely fixed the lower rpm corrections and I haven't looked back.

The car feels like a rocket ship, but... drive a Yukon around for 2 months and see how your car feels lol.

Bronx how many miles etc have you put on the car since then turbo install?

Btw, awesome to have you back !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Thanks Bryan. I have a little over 6,000 miles on mine with no issues whatsoever. I love this turbo, and as I've stated before, this turbo matches the car so well. Unless your looking to strictly drag race, I highly recommend this turbo. The C39 combin d with Sour Skittle's customer service is a win win. Now if someone could tell me what's the highest who this turbo has put out without meth I'd appreciate it. Trying to find out whether or not it's worth getting another tune this time worth Russ. Car drives great. I've been running Ken's tune because even though he max boost is only 25.5 psi it feels noticeably stronger than my Tune+ tune which maxes out at 27+ psi. I

Siestarider

Thanks Bryan. I have a little over 6,000 miles on mine with no issues whatsoever. I love this turbo, and as I've stated before, this turbo matches the car so well. Unless your looking to strictly drag race, I highly recommend this turbo. The C39 combin d with Sour Skittle's customer service is a win win. Now if someone could tell me what's the highest who this turbo has put out without meth I'd appreciate it. Trying to find out whether or not it's worth getting another tune this time worth Russ. Car drives great. I've been running Ken's tune because even though he max boost is only 25.5 psi it feels noticeably stronger than my Tune+ tune which maxes out at 27+ psi. I
It would be interesting to see VDyno plots of both tunes, assuming both were developed using the same hardware.

And on that 2.5" vs 3" exhaust note, it will be really ironic if SS is getting an extra 10hp out of his 3" when I just downsized to 2.5" for stealth. Fortunately my 3" is in the shed, just in case.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,359
I'll post V-dyno's when it gets sorted :)

Can't post datazaps or logs anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Now if someone could tell me what's the highest who this turbo has put out without meth I'd appreciate it.
+1

WHAT will it do on E30 (still a MAJOR pain for me to get E85, but is 'doable'), with consistency, safety, and reliability?

I WILL NOT do meth (either the hillbilly drug, OR the 'boost juice' LOL), so I need to know the possibilities on other fueling, or I will have to give up on even even considering a hybrid in the future IF it is considered a requirement.

I do NOT want to get into the whole BS flame wars/arguments about this again, so PLEASE just answers/results, and NO vitriol. [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.