Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
SourSkittles has not been active on this forum for over 6 months now and his Cyborg / C39 turbo (which was found to have faulty seals) is not available....

DHM who was also selling these turbos declared bankruptcy and is out of business...

As such this thread is now closed....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Pricing and options have been updated and upgraded**

The second option is the new Cyborg39. SCRATCH THAT !! The results from the Cyborg39 have been so impressive that we now only offer 1 cyborg option.
We send the turbo through the same process as the original cyborg upgrade. Only with this version, we machine the turbine housing out to accept a larger turbine wheel that has been clipped the same way we clip our factory turbines for increased flow. The extra large stainless inlet is also included with turbo as its required.
$1475 shipped with only a $250 core charge.

~~~~We still have many options to suit budgets, needs and goals. ~~~~

We now have moved to a 19psi base EFR wastegate on both turbo charger options. And it still have the great price as before. $100 with either cyborg option. *Must be purchased with a cyborg turbo at the time it's being built.

****We now have two port-work options****

To help budgets while making it more affordable to ensure your getting as much performance for your money as you can I've decided to offer a basic port job. Enlarges the parts of the system that are the most restrictive. No more. No less.
$200 and add $75 to your core charge.

We still offer the same full port job that many have gotten over the last 2 years. Many can vouch for the work, and it still takes me 12 real labor hours on each turbine/manifold pair. Removing the wastegate arm and fully porting the wastegate hole is part of this as well as polishing the runners. A port matched manifold gasket is now included for free with this service.
$350 and add $75 to your core charge.

****Now we offer two thermal control paths****

Complete heat wrap and turbo blanket installed and ready to use. $150.

And now we are doing "turbo X" manifold and turbine coatings as well. Turbo LSx guys love this stuff and we have had good results using it on Cummings setups. $200

Stock turbine housing

Cyborg39 turbine housing.

========================================
http://youtu.be/6sl9CW-WGvk

http://youtu.be/2KZ8bl3rAnA

Reviews

EWG Cyborg Version1 Turbo Review
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7591

Cyborg Turbo Review
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7575

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
So for the whole package we're looking at around $1400+ the ride?
Yes sir, give or take.
Last time I looked at Pumaspeeds TURBO ONLY it was around $2100 or $2300, something like that ( I honestly do forget ).
Puma speed also offers that $1200-$1300 exhaust manifold as well :) its not something we are looking at RIGHT THIS SECOND but maybe in the future.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Yes sir, give or take.
Last time I looked at Pumaspeeds TURBO ONLY it was around $2100 or $2300, something like that ( I honestly do forget ).
Pumaspeeds unit is $1041.52 + core exchange + shipping

Same price structure as your offering as quoted:

Turbocharger will be $750 + core + shipping
They do offer the turbo outright (no core exchange) for $1041.52 + core charge $1103.55 + shipping

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Cyborg upgraded stock Turbocharger system

With a core

Without a core

Then this for $331

The $923 for their manifold since they don't even offer porting...

I don't think you have to be as smart as my friend Razor to do that math. You could buy an entire EFR big turbo kit for less money, and without the custom's bill from Fedex showing up weeks later too.

So $2900.00 shipped from Puma speed or $1400.00 from me for everything I offer.

It is true... The pumaspeed unit has a bigger turbine wheel ( we all think ), but it also doesn't come with a ported turbine housing and is it really a $1500.00 difference ?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Wait... I have an idea... Edited pricing, we no offer core exchange !!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
You have a core now? As in, "I don't have to have my car down for a week" kind of core?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
You have a core now? As in, "I don't have to have my car down for a week" kind of core?
Its not so much a "core". Its you send me $2600 and I send you a upgraded turbo, lol. You keep your turbo unless you want to sell it to us used for $500 :)

Point is... For that kind of money, I'll give you MY TURBO and I'll go rent a car while I wait on a brand new turbo from Ford, lol.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
What's the name of the company that is making these turbos for you?

Is there a warranty?

Yea, I think shipping is $100's of dollars. This is how I came to pay $470 for a simple catless downpipe from pumaspeed :)

2 weeks later, fed express sent me a $16 on top of that.
I live in Denmark, Europe, so its the other way around for me.

Looking forward to see what kind of whp you get out of your kit, it looks promising..

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Ole man... Not sure what kind of pricing you can get or the exchange rate. But the Pumaspeed kit has some type of turbine wheel upgrade in it. We don't do that. For now at least, its simply not cost effective here, buy the time we did it, it would add a lot to the cost ( $ hundreds $ ) and yield only slightly better numbers. But if you could get their turbo for the equal amount of money their option isn't bad. Its not a problem with the pumaspeed product at all. Its a cost issue. We can get an EFR turbo unit here for around $1300. Even if you drop $1500 on manifold and plumbing to fit it, you'd still under cut pumaspeeds stock upgrade by $100 or so.

I don't know they exchange rate from you to Pumaspeed, but you could buy my turbo for the US equal of like $400 right now, lol. Dang exchange rate, lol.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Its not a problem with the pumaspeed product at all. Its a cost issue. We can get an EFR turbo unit here for around $1300.
I agree, it doesn't make sense to get the pumaspeed unit when a GT2560R bolt on kit is $1700.

Is there a warranty?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
$1700 is the turbo, adaptor to the stock un-ported manifold, inlet adaptor, hot pipe, and all oil/water lines? Then you just need a pro-tune, right?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Its not so much a "core". Its you send me $2600 and I send you a upgraded turbo, lol. You keep your turbo unless you want to sell it to us used for $500 :)

Point is... For that kind of money, I'll give you MY TURBO and I'll go rent a car while I wait on a brand new turbo from Ford, lol.
I see... In my past experience I've seen the core exchange apply that way if you decide to keep your turbo. If you sent it in the exchange dropped the price to nearly what it would cost if you'd sent it in. In my opinion you're about $500 off if I were to exchange turbo and manifold. I'd rather have my car down for a week.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
I completely agree with you. Lol. But that is the point. Yes, pumaspeed has the option to keep you from downtime, its just a $2600 check you write them. If i had $2600 just laying around, I'd prob go the EFR route personally.

Its like those TV financing options at stores like HH-gregg. You can finance a $500 TV for 12 months same as cash. The catch? You have to have really good credit. Well.... If you have really good credit, your not really the type of customer that is going to need to finance a $500 TV, are you? So... The deal is just offered to get people in the door, lol.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
$1700 is the turbo, adaptor to the stock un-ported manifold, inlet adaptor, hot pipe, and all oil/water lines? Then you just need a pro-tune, right?
Yes everything ready to bolt on. Turbo, manifold to turbo adapter, inlet, hot pipe with bov adapter, oil and water lines, everything. Only thing additional you need to do is purchase a BOV and a tune (or tune yourself).

Is there a warranty?

(why do you keep ignoring these questions?)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Regardless, I'll probably be going this route, pending data. I wanted the power of the EFR, but I have to adjust my budget for a changing future. Aka, I'll probably sell this kit in a year and buy an EFR anyway lol.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member

Is there a warranty?
This is a very fair question to ask....I'm curious as well..thanks! :)

btw.. your efforts are very much appreciated SS...

Status
Not open for further replies.