Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=3380]DvC[/MENTION] let's make one thing very crystal clear for everyone. If I said you can and will get your money back that will be the case.

I'm not going to disappear like most company's and fuck the customers that are so easy to stab ME in the back of they don't get their way.

I didn't have to do what I did. I could have played it off and made everyone just ship back for repairs. I could still do that! But I'm not going to because it's bull shit and not the right thing. So the next person to jump on me and think what I'm doing is not the right thing can kiss my ass.

If people thing I got over 12k just to toss around your SADLY mistaken. Do assume you know anything about me, my situations or how things work. I will make it right but I need time. If that's not good enough then cry to the world but it won't get you any where faster.

SS fuck me and a lot a people hard. I'm doing my best

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sekred

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=3380]DvC[/MENTION] let's make one thing very crystal clear for everyone. If I said you can and will get your money back that will be the case.

I'm not going to disappear like most company's and fuck the customers that are so easy to stab ME in the back of they don't get their way.

I didn't have to do what I did. I could have played it off and made everyone just ship back for repairs. I could still do that! But I'm not going to because it's bull shit and not the right thing. So the next person to jump on me and think what I'm doing is not the right thing can kiss my ass.

If people thing I got over 12k just to toss around your SADLY mistaken. Do assume you know anything about me, my situations or how things work. I will make it right but I need time. If that's not good enough then cry to the world but it won't get you any where faster.

Russ

Can I ask a question Russ,

When was the oil seal problem identified and did DHM or SS continue to sell the C39 knowing that some of the Turbos had the correct seal installed and some did not.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Can I ask a question Russ,

When was the oil seal problem identified and did DHM or SS continue to sell the C39 knowing that some of the Turbos had the correct seal installed and some did not.
If you read my post you would see that Brian did not admit about an issue until the day after I took the product off my site

DvC

Russ
Hang on a second Russ. I don't assume to know anything about you. I see you trying to do the right thing by posting all of that information and pictures and every single email/PM i have said as much. Also not one email/PM i sent you have i yet heard a response back, even the email you asked for. Isaac has been on the spot with the communication though, so thanks [MENTION=759]Hijinx@DHM[/MENTION] for that. I am not sure where anyone stabbed you back. It has maybe happened by someone else, somewhere else, but nowhere in this thread has that happened. No one is asking to refund every single turbo especially the ones that DIDN'T fail, so i am not sure where you're coming up with the 12k to refund. The first thing i asked for was to ship my turbo back for repairs, please don't make it seem like all i wanted was money. All i wanted was a working product. I even tried to barter with you so we could both end up in a better place and all i got for my time was, what i felt like, was the run around. I have no recourse here, my paypal payment is over 6 months old so if you wanted to tell me to suck it, you could.

All i heard was

We want to give out refunds, but the first thing we need to do is get our money back before we can start dishing out refunds left and right.
We are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Multiple times.

So you have to see where it sounds like you're waiting for SS to give you money back before we/I see anything. I have supported your small shop as much as i could even when it was at a higher price because i thought DHM was a good shop and i wanted to support you. I am not trying to make your life harder. i am sure running a small business is hard on its own and after seeing your personal facebook page i know you have gotten screwed a lot lately. I am sorry people are ****s but i am not one of them.

I am not attacking you/DHM so please don't take it that way. We both got screwed and you just happen to be, what is so far, the reputable shop that is the middle man. I feel super pissed for the guys who bought direct through that asshole but that's the exact reason i bought from you. And to be fair this didn't start yesterday, so acting like i have been hounding you nonstop since this started is less than accurate.

Jake

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I agree 100 percent. He always seemed shady to me no matter how many times i heard his "customer service was second to none". Just the way he would ALWAYS put down the more reliable and proven hybrids was a huge red flag to me. But like you said, you couldn't call him out on his BS because you'd have a swarm of SS riders come to his defense lol[dunno][hihi]
His need to jump into competitors threads and just start shitting all over the product was so unprofessional. It says a lot about a person. That was one of his behaviors that really drove me to distrust him.

Russ

I thought it was kind of nuts that guys were first saying refunds would be forthcoming. Although you have a legit shop ur still considered a small business and instant refunds like that can be very difficult. Some small businesses completely fold under this kind of incident. But [MENTION=5039]Jesse[/MENTION] also makes a very good point. Businesses should take these kinds of losses, not customers. Kinda comes with the territory. If you don't have the cash "just to toss around" then take out a loan...Painful but timely....then pay the loan back with SS money. Just a thought....easier said than done!

That being said, the devil's advocate in me has to mention that I don't recall DHM or SS ever posting that these kits had a definitive warranty attached to them. Anyone? Bueller? In fact, I don't think any of the current hybrid turbo kits do or ever will for that matter. Russ has chosen to honor a warranty that doesn't exist. Shut up and be thankful folks. He is within his rights to blow you off and hasn't. Give him time to figure all this shit out while still trying to run a business. But, as a show of good faith, I think guys would feel better if there were a drop dead date. Waiting indefinitely, without an end in site is when people tend get antsy. Especially when there's money involved.

And a word of humble advice Russ...as a business owner, don't vent publicly. Anger is unprofessional and will quickly turn people against you. Just ask James Barone of JBR. I was in the mazdaspeed3 thread where he lost his shit and we all turned on his ass. I was there when the original 1552 was drummed out of vwvortex over similar circumstances. They ended up closing down (now reincarnated). What i'm saying is we need guys like you here so take a breathe. I understand your side of it, but you have more to lose than we as customers do. As customers, we could just go somewhere else. A reputation is hard for a business to get back once customers turn their backs on anger driven owners.

[MENTION=5039]Jesse[/MENTION] also makes a very good point. Businesses should take these kinds of losses, not customers. Kinda comes with the territory. If you don't have the cash "just to toss around" then take out a loan...Painful but timely....then pay the loan back with SS money. Just a thought....easier said than done!

And a word of humble advice Russ...as a business owner, don't vent publicly. Anger is unprofessional and will quickly turn people against you. Just ask James Barone of JBR. I was in the mazdaspeed3 thread where he lost his shit and we all turned on his ass. I was there when the original 1552 was drummed out of vwvortex over similar circumstances. They ended up closing down (now reincarnated). What i'm saying is we need guys like you here so take a breathe. I understand your side of it, but you have more to lose than we as customers do. As customers, we could just go somewhere else. A reputation is hard for a business to get back once customers turn their backs on anger driven owners.
I agree. I however got mine straight from SS so I'm completely screwed out of $2300.00 now take Russ's situation and multiply that. We want small businesses especially someone like him that really does put out top of the line stuff to not fold. He took the chance and got rid of the quick spool kit and made a cheaper option available for everyone and in the beginning it was an amazing build that fell off fast. He is stepping up and as a small business he needs time. I'd be willing to wait a few months if I knew I could get money back but you could be me who won't get a dime. unless SS comes back and does it on his own to everyone that bought through him. Your ford timing chain story sucks and that is horrible your business went through that. Not sure where $15,000 comes from that you lost cuz I don't even think 2 cylinder heads both chains installed at a dealer would cost that much. But either way you took a loss and helped with great customer service, you're a great person for that. Russ too will do his thing and he's great for that as well. I still will buy from him because I would hate to see a company as good as his that does build quality stuff go under. You'll get your $ back and I prolly won't. And with all do respect if you were able to dish out 15k for that customer then 2,000 isn't much [emoji15]

There's really no mystery here. If you want full refund then patience is the path. Buyers could file a small claims suit in the local Florida court. But against who? Brian? There's no money. Against the FL shop? GL they apparently already offered to fix the turbos.

If you want the turbo you paid for just send the turbo to the FL shop to get the correct seal and then install the turbo and enjoy. It's only an incorrect component part that can be replaced.

Because I love analogies, it's not that you were sold boots to play basketball in, you only have bootlaces on your basketball shoes.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
There's really no mystery here. If you want full refund then patience is the path. Buyers could file a small claims suit in the local Florida court. But against who? Brian? There's no money. Against the FL shop? GL they apparently already offered to fix the turbos.

If you want the turbo you paid for just send the turbo to the FL shop to get the correct seal and then install the turbo and enjoy. It's only an incorrect component part that can be replaced.

Because I love analogies, it's not that you were sold boots to play basketball in, you only have bootlaces on your basketball shoes.
This thread should be locked after what ^ said..

I will be ripping out my cyborg this week and dropping it off for seal check / repairs... or to see if anything else is fucked up i guess. But to anyone sketched out about sending the turbo in... i shall be the test dummy

Just got my turbo returned ( in less than one day ) from the gentleman who built these cyborgs. Super cool dude. Stripped turbo apart in front of me, explained all the seal issues and how many are left with wrong seals (2 out there somewhere ) , as mine was a good seal. After explaining everything and offering to check every single piece of the turbo, even cleaned and rebalanced everything before reassembling. I reinstalled today, no smoking or any issues. I also flushed out my intercooler from the first seal issue... goood amount of gunk and stuff came out. Test drive was good, felt a lot smoother than before , even in 87 degree temps.

So if anybody has a seal issue, or just wants there turbo checked, send it in. I played test dummy for this shop lol. You have nothing to fear now! :D

Unless you have other issues... then well... you have some fear and stuff

Just got my turbo returned ( in less than one day ) from the gentleman who built these cyborgs. Super cool dude. Stripped turbo apart in front of me, explained all the seal issues and how many are left with wrong seals (2 out there somewhere ) , as mine was a good seal. After explaining everything and offering to check every single piece of the turbo, even cleaned and rebalanced everything before reassembling. I reinstalled today, no smoking or any issues. I also flushed out my intercooler from the first seal issue... goood amount of gunk and stuff came out. Test drive was good, felt a lot smoother than before , even in 87 degree temps.

So if anybody has a seal issue, or just wants there turbo checked, send it in. I played test dummy for this shop lol. You have nothing to fear now! :D

That's good to know. I hope he will upgrade people's Cyborgs to C39 spec because I still want a C39 pretty badly if it's only a seal issue.

Im sure its possible. Hes done hundreds of these thinfs and knows his way around turbos thats for sure

That's good to know. I hope he will upgrade people's Cyborgs to C39 spec because I still want a C39 pretty badly if it's only a seal issue.

DHM1

1000 Post Club

I have 4 turbos here with bad seals so that kinda tosses "you have nothing to fear" out the window.

Eh. Was kind of geared towards the process of sending them in for repair. Some people seemed a bit sketched out about it, and for good reason. But after dealing with him i can say that his offer to fix the seal issue is completely legit.
Id say send them in because hes been trying to reach you about it. Since bryans out of the picture now , im trying to help the remaining cyborgs as much as i can lol

I have 4 turbos here with bad seals so that kinda tosses "you have nothing to fear" out the window.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Oh the parts that have been around there forever before this shitshow started while he puts the shop stuff on the side trying to work towards a resolution for this mess?

I like how you say "we will still be twiddling our thumbs" pretty sure your not a DHM customer so what dog do you have in the race? Just starting BS

I can also tell you Russell is putting everything he's got into it and losing money on personal items also to work towards making it right.

It's sad to see people like you damn a reputable vendor, people can only take so much BS. Let DHM do what they can before trying to burn the one guy actually working towards making things right.
This is true! You built me a 3k rifle along time ago in partial trade for a turbo kit. Great deal for the both of us. I just recently sold it because the business is important.

Russ

Well, considering i am probably the ONLY person who has spoken with, and or stepped foot in this guys shop in lakeland.. i have attempted to be the middle man to offer help like he has offered. It wont get anybody's money back , but it can fix some turbos if needed. But if nobody takes the route, im not pushing it. Nor will i jump into this shitfest big peepee slinging fiesta goodness we got going on here now.

Gotta remember, at the end of the day... we still only drives fiestas :p

Status
Not open for further replies.