Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Painted Fiesta ST Engine Cover Pictures Thread

I used high temp paint and flexi primer and my oil cap is Spirit blue match coded to the car.

Attachments

Did an initial sand of with 220 and worked the way down to a wet sand of 600 and 1500. Primed it and wet sanded again. Then a paint and clear. I'm sure you could youtube a few painting plastic tutorials.
Thanks Forever that's kinda what I thought I do plastic models but I didn't know if anyone had another trick to it but I guess there's no easy way around that work if you want those results.

It wasn't too terribly rough, the primer filled quite a bit. I believe there is a high fill primer which would reduce the amount of sanding required initially.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
What paint did some of you use? Ive used high temp paint before on exhausts and heat shields but doesn't seem like this plastic cover would get that hot maybe krylon fusion? Thanks

pixelzombie

Some nice results here. The gloss finish is very smooth in the photos. I'd prefer a matte finish myself. Is there anyway of removing the ST logo from the cover?