Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Painted Fiesta ST Engine Cover Pictures Thread

FocusMike

Been toying with the idea of painting my Fiesta ST engine cover and gathered some ideas off the internet. Thought I'd post it here just in case some of you guys will find them useful.

I'm liking that very first pic. Seems to match the MO paint. Anyone know how to get that paint? I want my cover to match the exterior Molten Orange color

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I think they all look good but I may just be boring as I like the the white one and the flame one with just one color scheme for the whole thing. I may try it in red to match my exterior.

I really like the molten orange one too! Would be a perfect match for my paint too. Where do I send it to get done? Lol.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Instead of painting, I wrapped mine in left over 3M DiNoc Carbon Fiber Vinyl. I wasn't sure what color I wanted to paint the engine cover and had the vinyl laying around from another project. Getting it to stick to the cover and stay in place after it is hot from the engine kind of sucks. I haven't decided if I will eventually paint the cover, leave it as is, or try something totally different.

Some have gold teeth, some have gold watches, I have gold induction tubes. I have wrapped the tube between the flex tube and turbo, sides of the airbox, and cold side pressure tube near the block in gold heat reflective tape. by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I'll probably end up doing this and doing the strip like lessard.dcj.

Anyone know what type of paint to use when painting the engine cover? Does it matter? Do we need high temperature paint? I appreciate any tips!

Since I got some inspiration from this thread, I'll post it up here. I do wish I would have filled the gap as I think it would have been a cleaner look. The MO paint matches quite well, though its hard to show in the cell phone pic.

C. love

Ok so I am not a fan of this. I think it harkins back to when I was 18 and did colored wire loom on everything in the engine bay on my 93' grand am. Kinda gross IMO but hey keep on keepin on fellas if you like it more power to you.

So how do you guys get the textured finish to appear smooth and glossy?
Did an initial sand of with 220 and worked the way down to a wet sand of 600 and 1500. Primed it and wet sanded again. Then a paint and clear. I'm sure you could youtube a few painting plastic tutorials.