Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Front Lip / Splitter

how do you like it? good quality?
Meh. For the price I expected the fiberglass to be "finished" a little more. It looked almost straight out the mold. Fitment was solid. I just went a plastidipped it black and it's fine
Here are some pretty terrible pics. But the car is filthy and it's all I got at the moment.

FistSt215

Still looks good to me . Want one so bad just can't bite my lip to pay 325 shipped for one . When every other car platform has front splitters to be had for 1-150

Still looks good to me . Want one so bad just can't bite my lip to pay 325 shipped for one . When every other car platform has front splitters to be had for 1-150
See that's why I don't feel bad about it. I bought it at their grand opening at a cash price.

I may add an actual splitter to the bottom just cause

I really like the TRC splitters, does anybody know if they actually provide any functional aero or is just just aesthetic? Not that it matters it still looks great, I'm just curious.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I really like the TRC splitters, does anybody know if they actually provide any functional aero or is just just aesthetic? Not that it matters it still looks great, I'm just curious.
There is a company in the back of Grassroots Motorsports magazine which will build you a custom, REAL, functional front splitter out of a thermoplastic composite material called Tegris, which is VERY strong, but not as co$tly as real carbon fiber/kevlar composites.

But someone has to send them an accurate trace of the bottom of our front cover/fascia.

Their name is Powerstream Industries (www.powerstreamindustries.com).

Anyone care to indulge me with pics of a tuxedo black on stock wheels and height with a mountune lip?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There is a company in the back of Grassroots Motorsports magazine which will build you a custom, REAL, functional front splitter out of a thermoplastic composite material called Tegris, which is VERY strong, but not as co$tly as real carbon fiber/kevlar composites.

But someone has to send them an accurate trace of the bottom of our front cover/fascia.

Their name is Powerstream Industries (www.powerstreamindustries.com).

Did anyone every do This? Send the company any info

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did anyone every do This? Send the company any info
I did contact them and the owner/proprietor is VERY interested in doing a FULL, and FUNCTIONAL aero package for our rides.

He is going to try and get a FiST into his R&D shop to do laser/CAD-CAM scanning/modeling, and 'virtual wind tunnel' testing on it, and see what can be done.

He DID say that there is a very fine balance between functional aero, and speed sapping drag, I believe in reference to the time attack style, 'big wang' rear monstrosities, so do NOT expect that, but hopefully something like what is used on the WRC/GRC, etc. cars.

I did have to 'bring him up to speed' on these cars though, since he did not realize how light they were, nor how much power they were stock out of 1.6L, and how much could be pulled out of the Ecoboost either.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It might not have stock wheels or height, but I think I got the rest covered
Those are about the beefiest wheel/tire setup I've ever seen on one of these cars! [thumb]

Are those 215/40-17, or 225/35-17 S.drives on the 1552s?? (Or could they just be very stretched 205/40s??!)

I did contact them and the owner/proprietor is VERY interested in doing a FULL, and FUNCTIONAL aero package for our rides.

He is going to try and get a FiST into his R&D shop to do laser/CAD-CAM scanning/modeling, and 'virtual wind tunnel' testing on it, and see what can be done.

He DID say that there is a very fine balance between functional aero, and speed sapping drag, I believe in reference to the time attack style, 'big wang' rear monstrosities, so do NOT expect that, but hopefully something like what is used on the WRC/GRC, etc. cars.

I did have to 'bring him up to speed' on these cars though, since he did not realize how light they were, nor how much power they were stock out of 1.6L, and how much could be pulled out of the Ecoboost either.
That'd be sweet! Def. go for the WRC/GRC look etc. [rockon]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Moderators;

Would I have permission/be allowed to post up the info this (aero device) manufacturer sent to me in an email, or does that violate the forum rules/by-laws, and they need to become a full-fledged site sponsor in order to do this?? [dunno]

Bluedrank

Moderators;

Would I have permission/be allowed to post up the info this (aero device) manufacturer sent to me in an email, or does that violate the forum rules/by-laws, and they need to become a full-fledged site sponsor in order to do this?? [dunno]
It's always easier to apologize.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Moderators;

If its an "hey I found this. I likely/may buy/found interesting if others are interested go check" and not a persistent or a kickback situation it will be fine. Make sure the email is not showing information the vendor does not want shared (example a specific discount etc...) We are all here to share information and help each other. Finding things like this and sharing is part of that.