Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Fiesta ST Short Throw Shift Lever

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Been running Liqui-Moly ATF for a few months , no diff
I don't think its the lever unless there is a loose connection or a loose bolt on the adapter plate, transmission plate or bushing mount. If you would like to continue discussing this let's start a new thread as to avoid an off topic off shoot here.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I will be getting this mod in the spring, as there is NO WAY I will even attempt what I am sure (for me at least) will be an 8 hour install in this cold weather! [nono]

I will be getting this mod in the spring, as there is NO WAY I will even attempt what I am sure (for me at least) will be an 8 hour install in this cold weather! [nono]
How nice it is to work in a shop, and to have many back ups I can use to :) To be fair though I have yet to put mine due to install time and trying to find it. I also kind of want to do it with my younger tech as a learning experience, just been to damn busy :(

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
How nice it is to work in a shop, and to have many back ups I can use to :) To be fair though I have yet to put mine due to install time and trying to find it. I also kind of want to do it with my younger tech as a learning experience, just been to damn busy :(
Yes, those on here with easy/free access to a well equipped/lit, lift enabled, and HEATED shop (in the areas which get a 'real' winter) truly do NOT know how fortunate they are!!!

Installed it yesterday and it seems a little knotchy in a bad way when shifting to the down gears (2nd, 4th and 6th) and it even popped outta gear when down shifting into 2n . I thought it would be as smooth as stock but with a shorter throw. I have the base bushings and a mountune quick shift that has been installed for 6 months.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Which reduction position did you set it at?

I also have the Mountune plate installed (I'm told it is about a 30% reduction in throw) with the cable bracket washers, and I am surprised that it is as smooth as it is, but it could STILL use some reduction in throw distance.

Maybe the Mountune with the MAX reduction setting on the Boomba handle is a no-go?? [dunno]

I installed it exactly how it came. I'm going to adjust the handle today and if doesn't fix it then I'm going to uninstall it as it feels like it's grinding into the syncros of the gears (that's the best way I can explain it) and I have to push it down pretty hard when shifting gears to assure it's in gear and doesn't pop out. I called prior to ordering all the parts to make sure they were compatible with the mountune quick shift and was assured it was.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I installed it exactly how it came. I'm going to adjust the handle today and if doesn't fix it then I'm going to uninstall it as it feels like it's grinding into the syncros of the gears (that's the best way I can explain it) and I have to push it down pretty hard when shifting gears to assure it's in gear and doesn't pop out. I called prior to ordering all the parts to make sure they were compatible with the mountune quick shift and was assured it was.
If you're taking about the lever, I feel the same thing, that's why I never reviewed it. It doesn't feel all that smooth and accurate when shifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you're taking about the lever, I feel the same thing, that's why I never reviewed it. It doesn't feel all that smooth and accurate when shifting.
Hmmm, now I am starting to have my doubts about the handle.

That's A LOT of coin, work, and chances to break small delicate plastic parts, for it to not be PERFECT. [:(]

Time to start saving up for that sequential gearbox, I guess. (j/k) [histerical]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Probably the best combo is the Mountune QS + whichever shifter knob is best suited for your taste + good trans fluid = best solution for 99% of the owners out there
Just my .02
The only (slight) negative right now is a little more throw than I'd like.

The shift 'feel' itself is about perfect (or at least as good as a cable shifter CAN feel), and I am still on the factory DCT fluid, which I will change out for the Motul DCT fluid in ~1500 miles or so, and then try the Gear 300 in the summer. [:)]

Kind of crazy how some are having issues and some are not. I have the shifter set at maximum reduction and have the shift linkage adapter installed. No base bushings or cable bracket bushings installed. A flick of the wrist is all it takes for me to get perfect shifts, even with stock fluid.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Kind of crazy how some are having issues hand some are not. I have the shifter set at maximum reduction and have the shift linkage adapter installed. No base bushings or cable bracket bushings installed. A flick of the wrist is all it takes for me to get perfect shifts, even with stock fluid.

I'm running the full kit and I would not state that it's worth the $, as it is not a huge difference over stock (shifting feel wise) I'm running Liqui-Moly DCTF. Its sad cuz I thought it would be amazing[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Kind of crazy how some are having issues and some are not. I have the shifter set at maximum reduction and have the shift linkage adapter installed. No base bushings or cable bracket bushings installed. A flick of the wrist is all it takes for me to get perfect shifts, even with stock fluid.
The Boomba shifter 'plate'/adapter does NOT reduce the throw as much as the Mountune one does.

That is why I was asking if that fact had any bearing on problems people were having when using BOTH the Mountune plate, and the Boomba handle set at MAX shift throw reduction. ;)

(Like maybe it puts the cable/everything at just that little bit too much of an angle/bind to shift smoothly? [dunno])

The Boomba shifter 'plate'/adapter does NOT reduce the throw as much as the Mountune one does.

That is why I was asking if that fact had any bearing on problems people were having when using BOTH the Mountune plate, and the Boomba handle set at MAX shift throw reduction. ;)

(Like maybe it puts the cable/everything at just that little bit too much of an angle/bind to shift smoothly? [dunno])
Best advice I would have, is to remove the mountune adapter to see if there is any improvement. Also, there is an adjustment procedure I have read about, but haven't tried that may help, but am not sure how it's done.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Best advice I would have, is to remove the mountune adapter to see if there is any improvement. Also, there is an adjustment procedure I have read about, but haven't tried that may help, but am not sure how it's done.
I do not have the Boomba handle on the car now, just the Mountune adapter plate.

I was planning to get the Boomba handle in the spring to help reduce the throw to the max, but some on here are saying it gets way too 'notchy', and is actually very hard to get into the 'down pattern' gears (especially 4th), when used in conjuction with the (more percentage reduction in throw) Mountune plate vs. the Boomba plate.

That adapter plate was such a pain (for ME at least) to get on the car, that there is NO WAY IN HELL that I am EVER going to take it off to switch it out for something else.
In fact, IF I had some RED Loctite on hand, I would have used that to permanently secure the allen bolt (OR welded it it in there, if possible!), instead of the supplied blue, removable Loctite!!!!

Right now, it IS smooth (even smoother than factory!), and feels great, except for just being a tiny bit too long a throw for my liking, but after hearing about the problems with the Mountune plate/Boomba handle combo, I will just live with it as is. [wink]