Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shifter KIT

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Will be ordering this soon. Do you have installation instructions posted somewhere?
In addition the DIY Rod will be posting, we will also have our installed guide and video posted to this thread and on the product page on our website as well! Our guide should be completed very soon, and the video in the near future!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
In addition the DIY Rod will be posting, we will also have our installed guide and video posted to this thread and on the product page on our website as well! Our guide should be completed very soon, and the video in the near future!
Sounds Good and I look forward to Everyone elses info posts too as I may not have the best idea or fastest way to do something :) always open for more options (quicker or easier how to's ..)

JPGC

2000 Post Club
For all of you early buyers, we are shipping them out today! However, we are still finishing up our installation manuals. For anyone that has ordered them already, you will get an email most likely by the end of today with a PDF of the instructions attached. For the visual learners, we plan to release an install video in the near future as well! If anyone is interested in getting them installed here at the shop, feel free to swing on by with some donuts and coffee and get it done!
Thanks for the update. UPS says I will have it next Wednesday!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Bigger pictures for us old guys would help alot!!!
No kidding the good thing is (at least in my windoze pc) I can save the PDF file and open it in Adobe or any PDF reader I guess and zoom in from there I will be doing this install this week as time allows and post up my results though I plan on test driving it before buttoning it all up.. So i can test all modes though I have that other short shift adaptor it should be close :)

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
No kidding the good thing is (at least in my windoze pc) I can save the PDF file and open it in Adobe or any PDF reader I guess and zoom in from there I will be doing this install this week as time allows and post up my results though I plan on test driving it before buttoning it all up.. So i can test all modes though I have that other short shift adaptor it should be close :)
Thats what I had to do when I installed Boomba's transmission cable bracket bushings. Bigger pics would be nice, especially since the output is electronic. Looks like I'll have take my chromebook onto the passenger seat though. Meybe I can do something with PDF writer and republish.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thats what I had to do when I installed Boomba's transmission cable bracket bushings. Bigger pics would be nice, especially since the output is electronic. Looks like I'll have take my chromebook onto the passenger seat though. Meybe I can do something with PDF writer and republish.
Agreed i'll have to bust out the lap top too and save a few steps ;) sux gettin old but what choice we got eh .. lol

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Question....are the transmission cable bracket bushings the same as the bushings on the bottom of the shifter assembly? If they are, then it would be nice to do them as well with this install at the same time.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I would have to say no as the shifter base bushings are solid one piece and the cable braket bushings are two piece. But I would wait to hear from Boomba to be sure. As they would know for sure..

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
Question....are the transmission cable bracket bushings the same as the bushings on the bottom of the shifter assembly? If they are, then it would be nice to do them as well with this install at the same time.
The shifter base bushings are actually a little different than the transmission ones. We plan on releasing our aluminum bushings for the base very soon (sometime this week)!

I would have to say no as the shifter base bushings are solid one piece and the cable braket bushings are two piece. But I would wait to hear from Boomba to be sure. As they would know for sure..
This ^

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
Things moved a little quicker than I expected and the shifter base bushings are actually available as of right now! They are ready for purchase HERE

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
These bushings replace the squishy OEM rubber bushings, and prevent movement of the shifter assembly.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
How are those different than the other bushings? What do these bushings do?
When both sets of bushings are installed, it makes for a much more pleasant and direct shifting experience. These bushings pretty much eliminate any kind of slop from the soft factory rubber bushings. I wish everyone was near our shop so they could stop in and see how big of a difference these bushings make. It is a night and day difference.
These bushings replace the squishy OEM rubber bushings, and prevent movement of the shifter assembly.
Exactly!

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Revised Boomba install with larger photos.

Thanks Boomba for not password protecting your PDF manual. I was able to modify the original to make the text and photos larger last night. Here is an old mans version of the Boomba Racing short shifter installation manual. It's 7 pages instead of 3, but even I can read it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-Sa_14cufZ3hueV92VHRFTEU/view?usp=sharing

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
So they do the same as the other bushings just at a different area of the car?
One set of bushings go under the hood, where your linkage attaches to the transmission, and the other set of bushings go inside the car at the base of the shift lever.