Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Focus RS will be awd

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Should be fun to see how this stacks up against the 2015 Golf R and its Audi AWD system...

Maybe in a couple years, they'll do the same thing with our FiST. AWD with 250hp/250tq stock would be a dream. Unless they'd offer the same 2.3 ecoboost option! ;)

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Should be fun to see how this stacks up against the 2015 Golf R and its Audi AWD system...
It might be the same, Ford and Volvo uses BorgWarner Haldex in their AWD cars, just like the Golf R, Audi TT/S/RS, A3, S3, etc

Audi A4 and above use Quattro which is a traditional AWD system (like subaru, mitsubishi, etc). However Audi makes it confusing because they call the AWD A3/S3/TT/TTS/TTRS Quattro as well, even though it uses the Haldex system.

What?!?! Awd? I thought they dumped that idea awhile ago because it was going to weigh too much?

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Sadly i may or may not be 100% sure that the US spec RS is not going to be AWD. FWD 2.3L is what we get. 2016.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Wat.

Post some of your credentials and I'll believe ya.
Doing the testing i do i cant sorry wish i could. You dont have to believe me but the good news that 2.3L is a powerful little ****er. You can believe the other stuff you read on the internet to. Its all just gossip.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Its motor trend... They typically don't deal in rumors. Either way, it will be out of my price range :(

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Maybe in a couple years, they'll do the same thing with our FiST. AWD with 250hp/250tq stock would be a dream. Unless they'd offer the same 2.3 ecoboost option! ;)
As long as Ford is in WRC using the Fiesta, it will be a 1.6L as those are the new FIA homologation requirements. ;)

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Its motor trend... They typically don't deal in rumors. Either way, it will be out of my price range :(
Honestly i hope what i dont know is wrong. I would love an AWD RS. But Europe has always been AWD and i dont see use getting that now even though its a great time to grow and steal that market with there being no more evo.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
All of the RS articles are rumor and hype, and they have been for the last couple of years. Most of the articles and information are recycled stories or supposedly from an 'inside source', but if Ford is planning on releasing this next year then they should probably do a little more actual leaking and marketing. Until it's sitting in my driveway I won't care or believe whether it's fwd or awd, but I will continue to hope that it does indeed come to the US.

If it does come to the US then you'll want to start prepping now-the RS model isn't usually around for more than 2-3 years with a specific production run.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Honestly i hope what i dont know is wrong. I would love an AWD RS. But Europe has always been AWD and i dont see use getting that now even though its a great time to grow and steal that market with there being no more evo.
Credibility -> Out the window

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Credibility -> Out the window
i guess so i always thought the old ones in Europe were. I was wrong. I dont know a lot about old fords. But i know what i test so i don need you to approve my credibility thanks.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
i totally can't tell you what I do, but the old civics were all factory turbo'd rwd cars.
no wonder why guys that do what i do stay off the forums because people just hate when ever they can. I was wrong about the old ones and was just trying to let you guys know an inside scope of what i know. Oh well. I guess some things never change about how people treat one another.