Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Short Shifter and Shifter base bushings Reivew

Trader history for rodmoe (0)

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
Being as the shifter ball holding part is adjustable and removable it was very easy to remove and make the alterations and reinstall. I have never had it pop off but others have and I wanted to be proactive in this.

J2FoRS

Being as the shifter ball holding part is adjustable and removable it was very easy to remove and make the alterations and reinstall. I have never had it pop off but others have and I wanted to be proactive in this.
So just to clarify, you were running it at 40% then decided to switch it to 30% because of this popping out problem? Or because the 40% reduction didn't feel right for your own taste?

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
So just to clarify, you were running it at 40% then decided to switch it to 30% because of this popping out problem? Or because the 40% reduction didn't feel right for your own taste?
Yes I had a report of some popping at 40% and went to 30% to see if the helped and it did and I got used to it and liked it without the extention and went back to the stock shift knob for no reason other than personal preference

J2FoRS

Yes I had a report of some popping at 40% and went to 30% to see if the helped and it did and I got used to it and liked it without the extention and went back to the stock shift knob for no reason other than personal preference
Thank you sir! I have one on the way so now I'm nervous about setting it up!

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
Thank you sir! I have one on the way so now I'm nervous about setting it up!
It should be fine at 30. Like I said I never had it pop off for me so I must drive with less gusto or something but after looking at the 40% reduction setting I could see where it could be made to come off. I am very happy with the Shifter...

J2FoRS

It should be fine at 30. Like I said I never had it pop off for me so I must drive with less gusto or something but after looking at the 40% reduction setting I could see where it could be made to come off. I am very happy with the Shifter...
Okay thanks alot rodmoe! Very helpful as usual.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey folks....I've been eyeing this short shifter to compliment my BOOMBA quick shift adapter for a while now. I'm waiting on the next BOOMBA sale...the plan is for the shortest/aka 40% reduction setting. Reading about these popping out though is not encouraging. Could some of you folks comment on whether or not this is a problem? Buying a part for $235 that I can't use without zip ties or some other custom work is not what I'm about.

Thanks!

Hey folks....I've been eyeing this short shifter to compliment my BOOMBA quick shift adapter for a while now. I'm waiting on the next BOOMBA sale...the plan is for the shortest/aka 40% reduction setting. Reading about these popping out though is not encouraging. Could some of you folks comment on whether or not this is a problem? Buying a part for $235 that I can't use without zip ties or some other custom work is not what I'm about.

Thanks!
Mine has been set at 40% reduction for about 7 months(7,000 miles). Works great! No complaints. One of my favorite mods! No popping out of gear.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club

Thanks!
From what we've seen, that was a very isolated issue limited to early built 2014 models.

I got mine not long after boomba released the SS kit and i have had it set as 40% since it was installed a week later (already had mountune quickshift installed). I havent had any problems, and its my DD.

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
I got mine not long after boomba released the SS kit and i have had it set as 40% since it was installed a week later (already had mountune quickshift installed). I havent had any problems, and its my DD.
Thanks for the feedback!

Hope I can get some help on this. Getting a clicking noise going from neutral into 1st. Also shifting from 2nd into 1st it sometimes wants to go into reverse. I cut the tip on the reverse lockout like the instructions says but it wants to ride the left side of the shifter. Any insight how to fix this would be great.

IMG_0114.JPG

AzNightmare

I had a friend with the shift kit and for some reason when I drove his car, when I was stopped and going to first gear, I was able to put it in reverse somehow if I wasn't careful. Like the lock collar wasn't preventing me from going into R.

I bought the kit and installed it myself and didn't have this issue (nor any clicking).
Also, I found that cutting that tab wasn't necessary in my car (2015).

Mine is a 2016 so I am guessing that I shouldn't have cut that tip off. On a brighter note I installed the Boomba Transmission adapter and it still wants to go in reverse but not as easy but the click is still there. Guess time will tell how this holds up.

I installed this a couple weeks ago and its really great. The only issue I had was when I was installing it I must just put it into a gear by mistake and when I was testing it wouldn't shift into 2nd or 6th. Just disconnected made sure everything was in neutral and connected the cables again, took me a minute to figure this out, and is now perfect.

Ford Community Posts