Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

JPM Coachworks Interior Pieces

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Some have known that I have been working with JPM Coachworks in the previous months to help them bring some offerings to market. I've gotten a bunch of questions from the Focus/Fiesta communities so I wanted to share some of the lessons that I learned in the process and an overall review of the parts. Like many others I was pretty disappointed in the look of some of the OEM pieces, and this definitely improved my overall experience with the cars.

The only downside that I've had with this project has been with my maintenance. First off, the door panels are held in with plastic pieces that are part of the door which are melted over the door inserts. My first idea was to drill them out, and I later learned that that isn't the way they need to be removed. To remove them properly to facilitate re-installation, you must heat them up and cut off the portion that is melted over the panel. This will leave you with the remaining hollow pieces of plastic to which you can later insert modified bolts with washers. If you drill them out there will not be enough material to thread a bolt into and will make re-installation significantly more difficult.

Secondly, the OEM shift boot is sandwiched into two pieces below the shift knob. While I'm sure it's not impossible to sandwich the new boot in a similar fashion, it's much easier to just zip-tie the new boot into place than it is to try and sandwich it back between the pieces. I bring this up because I broke a piece of the reverse lockout on the FiST, and I can assure you that it is more difficult than you think to drive without the reverse lockout...

Each piece was individually packaged in sealed bags, which I was super-stoked about for some reason.

I wanted my upgrades to be noticeable, but not overbearing. I discussed this with Joe to get his input on the overall design and we ultimately decided to use Alcantra with stitching to match the OEM stitching. I could have used either the MO-color stitching on the FiST or TS-color on the FoST (or anything completely different as they do custom work as well), but I wanted the stitching to match the Recaro's in order to look a bit more unified with the rest of the cabin. Imho, it ties everything together really well and makes the Alcantra look more like an OEM+ upgrade. Very clean and classy.

I've received quite a few compliments from people and the best ones I've received have been from those that haven't been inside a FiST as they are all surprised with how 'upscale' the new Ford interiors are, lol. That's exactly the look I wanted and exactly what I received. For pricing and availability you'll need to contact JPM Coachworks directly as they aren't listed on the site yet.

FiST interior shot (minus visors)-

FiST visors-

FoST interior shot (minus visors and rear door inserts)-

FoST visors-

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Great looking quality. Now if I can convince them to build me a longer arm rest.

Looks great! I'm considering the door pieces and the arm rest. Were the prices reasonable (ie. comparable to Redline)?

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
This is the price list that was given to me. Just in case there are any changes you would want to call and double-check. They also may offer a group buy, but I'm not 100% sure if and/or when that may happen.

Fiesta ST
Sun Visors $215 (pair)
Shift Boot $65
Console Lid $85
Steering Wheel $495
Front Door Inserts $125 (pair)

Harvick

1000 Post Club
The quality looks incredible compared to the other company offering the interior pieces.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Your interior looks incredible. How did you get the door inserts to reattach?
Thanks!

Long story short, I didn't remove mine properly the first time so they're just kind of glued in place right now. What needs to be done on removal is simply sanding/grinding down the plastic piece that's melted over it. I drilled mine, which left nowhere for me to bolt them back in. Lesson learned the hard way unfortunately.

If you sand off the melted part it leaves a hollow tube which you can install a bolt into with a washer.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
It's been over a year now, and they haven't been added to the site. Curious as to whether they are still going to be producing pieces for us.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
I don't think I've seen them as a vendor on any of the forums, but they have the templates to do the individual parts if you contact them. I ultimately didn't end up getting the steering wheels done, so I can't provide any pics of those, but I absolutely love how the pieces make the interior feel more upscale than OEM.

Yep I have an armrest and shift boot from 'em. I've known Joe and Alex (the owners) for years.

I'm gonna be hitting these guys up about an arm rest some time this week. Looks too amazing.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19

It's hard to get a decent shot of them due to lighting, upward angle, and the interior colors, but here's an old one of the FoST. Oddly, I don't have one of the FiST but I'll grab some at lunch when there's more light out.