Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bczracecar's Build Thread

Hey all! My name is Mike and I am the proud owner of a 2015 Fiesta ST and a 1989 Trans Am GTA and I live in the Chicagoland area. I've been on the forum for a little bit of time now and have been meaning to put together a build thread but I just never seem to get around to doing it. Well, the time has come and I'm finally going to take you through the life of my Oxford White Fiesta ST.

The Fiesta ST and I have a relationship going back to last October. A good friend of mine wanted to go to a Ford dealership to drive/buy a Focus ST and I tagged along. I knew a lot about the FiST prior to going to the dealership (more than the salespeople) and knew I had to drive one. When at the dealer I drove a TB FiST which was fully loaded and I knew I had to have one. The timing wasn't right and I didn't pull the trigger right then and there. A few months went by and when May came around, I placed my order. A big shoutout to [MENTION=1313]BRGT350[/MENTION] for helping me track my car through the entire build and shipping process. The car finally arrived on August 7th and I took delivery the following day on August 8th.

My FiST is OW with the beautiful Molten Orange Recaro seats. When I first drove the FiST I knew I HAD to have the Recaros. I've also got the nav and sunroof. The pictures below will take you from when I first got the car, to where we stand today. I've included a list of things done to the car below:

Cobb air filter
AP w/ stage 1 93 octane tune
Llumar CTX 5% tint
DMB emblem overlays and wheel overlays
Muffler delete
Boomba BOV adaptor
Boomba shift knob
LED license plate lights
LED reverse lights
Headlight Armor yellow foglight overlays
"Mystichrome" chameleon wheels

Here is the car when I snuck into the dealership the night it arrived to get a look at my special-ordered Fiesta

I was very surprised at the high amount of miles on the car for it being a customer-built order

The car at the dealership before any plates

I told the dealership not to clean the car at all. When I took delivery the car, it still had all of its stickers and the interior was still wrapped in plastic, it was also filthy with Mexican dirt. I detail cars on the weekend as a side job for money and am very particular with my vehicles so I figured no one could clean it the way I wanted so I did it myself

Two days into ownership, already had the DMB overlays on and the foglight vinyl as well. These pictures are from a local car meet

The dead pedal from no-pistons

Boomba sneeze-machine

OP
bczracecar
Thread Starter #2
These wheels get ALOT of looks, it really sucks they are so hard to keep clean. Believe it or not, they are Plastidip. Four coats of black, with three coats of violet metalizer, topped with two light coats of blue/green chameleon. I was shooting for the 03-04 Terminator color "Mystichrome"

Fresh 5% tint. I don't care what anyone says, this isn't so bad at night once you get used to it. Since ceramic was used here, it also makes a drastic difference in keeping heat out of the car

Scored a good deal on some winter rims and tires

Orange Recaro seats FTW

Boomba shift knob. This piece has a great weighted feel and is temperature neutral

AP with a custom mount utilizing the side 1/4 window

Decided to pull off the ugly front plate and remove the intercooler grill

Bumperplugs.com

That 93 octane life

OP
bczracecar
Thread Starter #3
Baby's first autox at Rockford Speedway. I placed 3rd in my class of 19 cars

Got bored and painted my engine cover

All cleaned up

Chicago ST photoshoot (only FiST there)

Ready to put down 72 WHP

Muffler delete
[video]http://instagram.com/p/uZF-9kNf-R/?modal=true[/video]

500 lumen LED reverse lights to help make up for the 5% tint

The final plan is to take the car to stage 3. I am not looking for anything too crazy as this is my daily driver and when I want to go fast I've got my Trans Am. The Fiesta wows me every day and I've never had a car that is so much in all aspects of driving. The car surprises people with its speed and surprises ME everyday with its handling capabilities. I really do love this thing. At just shy of three months of ownership, I've almost got 6,000 miles on my car already. I CANNOT stop driving this car. I can't count how many times I have just hopped in the car with no destination just for an excuse to get in and drive this thing.

I will try to update this thread more regularly as parts go on. Next mods up: 2J catless downpipe and Cobb intercooler + piping.

All comments/criticism welcome :)

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
car is coming along nicely! I am still shocked at how many miles you have on your car considering you took delivery just a short time before me. I am glad you are loving the time behind the wheel.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Great looking car. Love those wheels. Where did you get your back up LEDs from?

How are you liking that boomba shift knob? I can't decide between the 270g round knob and the 370g oval knob. I definitely don't like the stock shift knob. I like to rest my hand on it when I drive and I prefer if the knob supported most of my palm. I drove a 2014 mustang (automatic transmission), and even though the shifter is big, it felt nice in my palm. Like to hear your thoughts on the round one.

OP
bczracecar
Thread Starter #9
car is coming along nicely! I am still shocked at how many miles you have on your car considering you took delivery just a short time before me. I am glad you are loving the time behind the wheel.
I can't get enough of the car. Haha. The funny thing is I don't even have a long commute to work or anything. Pretty much all these miles are from trips and adventures with the car.

Great looking car. Love those wheels. Where did you get your back up LEDs from?
Believe it or not, they're from eBay. I was going to order from vleds but I couldn't justify spending 50 dollars on bulbs. These are rated for 500 lumens and I think they're every bit that bright. I'll have to find a link.

Nice looking ride
Thanks!

Nice! Coming along quickly
Modifying cars is a disease lol.

How are you liking that boomba shift knob? I can't decide between the 270g round knob and the 370g oval knob. I definitely don't like the stock shift knob. I like to rest my hand on it when I drive and I prefer if the knob supported most of my palm. I drove a 2014 mustang (automatic transmission), and even though the shifter is big, it felt nice in my palm. Like to hear your thoughts on the round one.
Absolutely love my Boomba knob. I chose the lighter one and it's plenty of weight for me. I prefer this to the Cobb one because theirs is way too light. There is literally almost no benefit to their knob other than it looks cool. If you wanted something really heavy go for the bigger Boomba one. Either of their knobs have a great feel and are top notch quality!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Great job with the mods so far.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
In for reverse lights !! I leave home at 5:30am and can't see crap when I back out.

Love the wheels. I wash my car once every 4months, so... Not sure how the plasti dip would do for me, but those wheels look awesome on your car !!

Chai

I was so excited when I read "Illinois" until I found that Galena is 5 hours away from STL..[mecry]

OP
bczracecar
Thread Starter #16
I was so excited when I read "Illinois" until I found that Galena is 5 hours away from STL..[mecry]
Hey, it was two and a half hours EACH WAY for me and I'd still say it was worth it. Lol.