Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lightweight 17's?

Oh wow. Thanks. Looks like it might not clear my wilwoods then...
I was curious so I measured the clearance of the stock wheels to the stock caliper bracket. It's right around 5.5mm. Don't the Wilwood kits fit with stock wheels? if they do, then wouldn't the Wilwood kits fit with the TR FF10s? I say this because I'm interested in getting Wilwoods for the front.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I was curious so I measured the clearance of the stock wheels to the stock caliper bracket. It's right around 5.5mm. Don't the Wilwood kits fit with stock wheels? if they do, then wouldn't the Wilwood kits fit with the TR FF10s? I say this because I'm interested in getting Wilwoods for the front.
You could be right. Refer to this:

OP
Original J-Pat

Original J-Pat

Thread Starter #65
I can get them in 17x7, 4x100, +38, 14.45 lbs and not shown as discontinued......hmmmm, wish they were 7.5 or 8" wide.....

Also found them in 7.5" wide, +45mm but not sure I could make them fit my rear BBK.
You find 17x8?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I did the 4x100 so I could run 15x9 track wheels but cannot find the right 15x8 for the street now....and 9's are to wide for the tires I can find.

I have also looked for 16x8 but so far the only thing I can really do is 16x7 and save 1 lb and spend hundreds to change when I have good 17x7 with the best all seasons made(more a 3 season, there are better ones for 4 seasons)

OP
Original J-Pat

Original J-Pat

Thread Starter #69
I did the 4x100 so I could run 15x9 track wheels but cannot find the right 15x8 for the street now....and 9's are to wide for the tires I can find.

I have also looked for 16x8 but so far the only thing I can really do is 16x7 and save 1 lb and spend hundreds to change when I have good 17x7 with the best all seasons made(more a 3 season, there are better ones for 4 seasons)
Yea like I've mentioned before the only 17x8 that i found decent were the TD Pro Race but they were only a couple pounds lighter then stock

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I came close to buying the pro race as can get them in 4x100 as well but when I have 17x7 good wheels that are 16.8 lbs, that extra inch on my street tires is not going to make up for the added weight......the Pro Race is a very good wheel, might be the best for areas with really crappy streets actually.

OP
Original J-Pat

Original J-Pat

Thread Starter #71
Yea heard alot of good things think ill just wait and look around.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The new gen Mazda Miata will be 4x100, I have seen the pics of the Sema race car, indeed 4x.....most likely 100....that means some great 17" wider wheels will be coming out for it, I bet certain companies have been working on it already. Those of use that want great low weight, roll formed, 15" wide race wheels are already set and later can get some great 17's, maybe some 18's but that is to big for this little car, I would rather run 16 if I could get the right setup.

OP
Original J-Pat

Original J-Pat

Thread Starter #73
Yea I remember you mentioning that in one of the other threads probably will just wait til then I hope some well known companies but wheels for the miata

Wow. Those actually look ALOT better than the pic gave them credit for. Ready to see them mounted up.

OP
Original J-Pat
Thread Starter #78
Someone posted a pic of those and they looked different then those