Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lightweight 17's?

Installed the wheels today, and I have the weights. The TRM wheels with the Sumitomo tires weighed in at 34.6lbs per wheel. Thats a reduction of 7.6lbs per wheel over stock, or 30.4lbs total. Not bad if I do say so. Aesthetically, I like them much more than I thought I would. On the road, there is basically no difference, except maybe it's a little softer. There was maybe less than 1/4" difference in the total height of the tires compared to stock.

Attachments

It's not letting me post my pic, but my gunmetal Koya SF02's 17x7 are 6.3kg each rim. OEM is 10.2kg.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Installed the wheels today, and I have the weights. The TRM wheels with the Sumitomo tires weighed in at 34.6lbs per wheel. Thats a reduction of 7.6lbs per wheel over stock, or 30.4lbs total. Not bad if I do say so. Aesthetically, I like them much more than I thought I would. On the road, there is basically no difference, except maybe it's a little softer. There was maybe less than 1/4" difference in the total height of the tires compared to stock.
I really like your wheels sir! Looks so good with the silver

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have been doing some research and from what I have found, previously mentioned, 4x100 bolt pattern is about 99.99% sure to be what it has.

Center bore and offset not yet known.

Also there seems to be plenty of room for wider than the 16 and 17 wheels it will come with which are probably 17x7.

The offset is rather shallow from looking at pics but not terribly so, the stock ST wheels are quite that way and there is room on our cars for wider wheels if carefully worked out, I run 15x9 but the rears took serious work to fit.

The aftermarket companies get specs sooner than we do in most cases so the delay in getting custom fitments for it should not be as long as our cars as they sell a great deal more of them that Ford does the FiST and 4x100 fits many other cars.

It will be awhile bit I am quite sure some very good wheels are going to appear before a great deal of time passes but in the mean time, just get some nice low weight 17x7 or 16x7, 7.5 or 8 if you can find them and be happy or go to 15's and save more weight and usually cost.

The single biggest gain in overall performance, besides adding a bunch of power which only effects one aspect, is a low weight wheel and tire package, period.

This is purely physics based so not really arguable even though some try;)

OP
Original J-Pat
Thread Starter #86
Yea I probably will once I start working more hours after football maybe TD or OZ

OP
Original J-Pat
Thread Starter #90
Im not a big fan of the chrome that is a good find though and I really want to run 17x8

I'm there too and I had no idea Ford did this to us Fiesta owners. ugh. I mean is it so hard to ask for a seventeen inch wheel in a 4x108 13 lbs weight under a hundred dollars each lol.