Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Reasons the ecu will close the throttle automatically

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
For the first time today, I monitored the "etc actual angle". Which is what what the physical throttle is doing, NOT what you are
asking it to do.

I'm seeing no knock and afr is in the 10.5 area.

The timing is actually being advanced to +6.00.

Torque limiter somewhere I missed ?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
I've never logged this, ever, and just found it, so there is a GREAT change that this has been going on since.... Ever

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3

Etc vs RPM

This doesn't help me in a specific way :(

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4

My tip desired is stock cobb stg3 93oct at 37.xxpsi.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Went thru this with my car and I think they had to raise the ceiling as I was hitting my torque numbers early and we explored the dreaded hard RMM at that point to went back stock for final tuning :)
cant say for sure what Randy found but he did have me logging
Choose anything with the words "Source" or "Mode" in the name or description. That will surely get us pointed in the right direction. Just need to see that before anything else please. Leave Accel Pedal and ETC actual
Not sure that helps but I have seen it before when tuning in cool air :)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
First REAL cold day in florida was today. We got into the mid 40's and high was 70 degrees.
Dang cold to us..

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I've never seen snow :) never will if I can help it.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9

I moved the max desired tip up to 45psi. Added a bit of boost, but the throttle is still closing... (Ps this is a max if 5,000rpms just normal driving ).

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I don't have much choice, do I? Lol. Means it made 218whp and ran 100mph with 30% throttle too though, lol.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Imagine if you where tuned correctly! The planet would reverse rotation.

Check the throttle folder...

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Razor if your looking for yet another chance to prove how much smarter you are than the rest of us ( besides this one ), I don't know what to set my bov stuff to either. Access tuner says that when you change the min desired tip ( wastegate spring pressure ), you need to change the bov settings to match it as well. But I have no idea what cobb means.

It will be tuned correctly soon. Intercooler is on the way and an actual paid tuner will have it when the cooler is installed. So this maybe one of your last chances to prove your infinite knowledge advantage you have over me ( which I admit in pretty much every thread ).

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Razor if your looking for yet another chance to prove how much smarter you are than the rest of us ( besides this one ),
Not looking for a chance at all, don't need to. Of all the people, I will for sure not spoon feed you. Have fun (throttle torque) figuring it out!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
No; that hint was good enough :)
If I can't get it from there, I should just give up :)
I'll keep ya updated.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Fixing to go out and log it... Geezzz its freezing out here !! Like 57 degrees !!

What is your load hitting? 45psi tip max is extremely unsafe as you would be allowing 30psiG+ at sea level before intervention. You're most likely hitting a load limit with that much boost and low temps.

-Braden@COBB