Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear Seat Delete and weights

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Here is how you get the rear seat out and what each piece was approx.

You will need a flat screw driver to move the seat backs locking clips to get seat backs out and a #50 Torx bit or wrench to get the seat belt off for the Big rear seat back.

Weights are
Seat Bottom 10 lbs
Small Rear Seat Back with factory headrest 15 lbs
Large Rear Seat Back with factory headrests 30 lbs
And you can save a little more weight if you remove the rear support bracket and two seat belt couplers too I guess they are a pound or two

So it is a quick 55 lbs or so you can save :) more if you take out the spare and the rest of that stuff

Attachments

If I remember correctly the spare tire and jack are ~40lbs. It makes a difference I can feel in acceleration and nimbleness

Siestarider

I posted my rear seat delete with photos on 9/23/14 on this forum. My recollection is I took out 115 lbs and added back about 30 lbs when it was all done. Much better sound insulation vs rear seats was the surprise for me.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
I posted my rear seat delete with photos on 9/23/14 on this forum. My recollection is I took out 115 lbs and added back about 30 lbs when it was all done. Much better sound insulation vs rear seats was the surprise for me.
Where to find this article?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Was all of that 30# put back in due to the floor build??

Siestarider

Was all of that 30# put back in due to the floor build??
Yes. Details here http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/t...ar-seat-delete

Almost 3 years of service now, still strong, tight and press-fit. I carry Schroth harness and fire extinguisher mounted under front section, remove that section in about 30 sec at track to make harness ready to strap on and to loose 20 lbs. I could remove rear section and loose another 10 lbs in another 30 sec, but it keeps stuff in spare tire well safe and private.

codestp202

So I've pulled out everything in the back for my next track day. I was thinking about pulling the passenger seat as well. I'm guessing that would trigger the airbag light since the connector will be unplugged. Do we know for sure if it will deactivate all airbags? If so, I'm going to leave the seat in until someone finds the real resistor setup for our cars.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was hoping that pulling out everything except for the spare and jack (and the rear plastic side interior panels/trim) would yield MORE than just a 65 lbs. weight loss. [:(]

Driving around here with sticky 200 tread wear gumballs, I cannot chance a spare/jack delete, as much as I want to dump that ~40 lbs. as well.

codestp202

I was hoping that pulling out everything except for the spare and jack (and the rear plastic side interior panels/trim) would yield MORE than just a 65 lbs. weight loss. [:(]

Driving around here with sticky 200 tread wear gumballs, I cannot chance a spare/jack delete, as much as I want to dump that ~40 lbs. as well.
I carry my jack but also a pump/patch kit. Why not do that?

take out the back seat and spare tire, then move the battery into the spare tire spot. That would certainly help things.

About how much time did it take? Say if I wanted to take them out for a night at the track? I have 2 kids so it can't stay out unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
take out the back seat and spare tire, then move the battery into the spare tire spot. That would certainly help things.
As much as that would really help the weight distribution (as long as one uses a full size/power/weight battery), I would rather just get a very lightweight, but full power battery (probably lithium, if/when the price$ ever come down) and install it in the factory location.

Reason being; much less complicated installation, NO worries of current drop (which does happen NO MATTER the gauge of the wire used), less overall weight added (partially due to NOT having to use long runs of 2 gauge wire, and no battery box), also not having to tear up the interior carpeting, and leaving big bumps also due to said huge gauge wire. ;)

codestp202

About how much time did it take? Say if I wanted to take them out for a night at the track? I have 2 kids so it can't stay out unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had them out and in my apt within 20 mins. All you need is the torx bit on a socket wrench and a flat head screwdriver. Very quick to pull them out, and the back floor.