Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Wing Risers

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #121
Anyone else having issues with rust on the 4 outermost black screws/ washers? I've had mine installed for maybe 2 months and already I'm seeing rust.
I didn't have that issue, but my anodized stuff faded quickly due to sun.
You will both have incoming PMs!

In regards to the fading:

The first batch of wing risers had a fading issue only in the black and red color. The anodizer we used failed to properly seal the risers, resulting in them fading very quickly. Since then, we have switched anodizers and the issue no longer persists.

haste

1000 Post Club
The two risers at the outermost front edge on my FiST have changed to silver even though they were originally black. No idea why but it almost seems like wear from rain, etc? I have only had them on the car since spring.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #123
The two risers at the outermost front edge on my FiST have changed to silver even though they were originally black. No idea why but it almost seems like wear from rain, etc? I have only had them on the car since spring.
PM sent.

J2FoRS

I love the look of the risers. Unfortunate people having these problems still. Basically only reason I'm not running em.

J2FoRS

Hey [MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION]

Can you shed some light on this issue for us in the public too? I very much like the look of the risers but am a bit put off from the fading and rust issues shown here. From what I understand you have the fading issue resolved, but any insight on the rusting hardware?

Thanks in advance.
(PS my SS Kit appears to be top notch quality as do the rest of your parts just looking for some clarification)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #128
Hey [MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION]

Can you shed some light on this issue for us in the public too? I very much like the look of the risers but am a bit put off from the fading and rust issues shown here. From what I understand you have the fading issue resolved, but any insight on the rusting hardware?

Thanks in advance.
(PS my SS Kit appears to be top notch quality as do the rest of your parts just looking for some clarification)
Sorry to hear that you were shaken a little bit from what you have heard about fading. Keep in mind that a lot of people are usually more willing to share a negative experience rather than a positive one.

The fading issue was isolated to the FIRST batch of red and black wing risers. The person who was doing our anodizing failed to use enough sealant, causing the risers to fade. Since then, we have switched who does our anodizing. The fading has been fixed since it was originally pointed out.

As far as the rust goes on the screws, that is the first issue we have seen of that and are handling it accordingly. Almost looks like the coating was stripped off of the screws.

J2FoRS

Thanks so much for your response. Like I said I know you guys offer high quality products, I just wanted to double check since was a known issue and as I thought your already taking care of it. Thanks alot sir.

Sorry to hear that you were shaken a little bit from what you have heard about fading. Keep in mind that a lot of people are usually more willing to share a negative experience rather than a positive one.

The fading issue was isolated to the FIRST batch of red and black wing risers. The person who was doing our anodizing failed to use enough sealant, causing the risers to fade. Since then, we have switched who does our anodizing. The fading has been fixed since it was originally pointed out.

As far as the rust goes on the screws, that is the first issue we have seen of that and are handling it accordingly. Almost looks like the coating was stripped off of the screws.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #130
Thanks so much for your response. Like I said I know you guys offer high quality products, I just wanted to double check since was a known issue and as I thought your already taking care of it. Thanks alot sir.
Absolutely. We don't want to leave anyone in the dark.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Does your kit utilize stainless hardware? I would imagine for $141.00 this kit would come with all stainless screws/bolts. I am considering getting a black kit later this week... I love how they look but having rusty bolts and or fading bits of anodized aluminum is not something I want to mess with at least not at that price point.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #132
Does your kit utilize stainless hardware? I would imagine for $141.00 this kit would come with all stainless screws/bolts. I am considering getting a black kit later this week... I love how they look but having rusty bolts and or fading bits of anodized aluminum is not something I want to mess with at least not at that price point.
If you take a look at the hardware, you can see that there are three kinds of screws in our kit; the black ones, pointed screws, and allen headed bolts. The two types that are silver are full stainless, the black bolts are coated to prevent corrosion. As mentioned earlier, the current risers have no more issues with fading. That has been addressed for a few months now.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
If you take a look at the hardware, you can see that there are three kinds of screws in our kit; the black ones, pointed screws, and allen headed bolts. The two types that are silver are full stainless, the black bolts are coated to prevent corrosion. As mentioned earlier, the current risers have no more issues with fading. That has been addressed for a few months now.
Good. Give me a few days and I'll be ordering a kit. [:)]

I have the early black risers (look like hell) and rusting screws and emailed Boomba to try to resolve this off the board. However, their response really surprised me as being very much slanted against those of us who were early adopters. A gentleman named Mike emailed me the following:

"We are really sorry to hear about the risers fading. There were a very small amount that were improperly anodized by the person who does our anodizing, they failed to put sealant enough sealant on them. For anyone that has purchased faded risers, we are offering the following options:

1-You can send the risers back to us and we will have them re-anodized for you. There is no guarantee on how long this may take as it varies on when things are coming and going to anodizing.
OR
2-We can offer you a discount on your next Boomba purchase.
OR
3-We can send you a Boomba T-shirt in your choice of size or a Boomba beanie.

As a DIY alternative, we have heard of people plastidipping the risers or spray painting them in whatever color they want.
We want to make this right. Let us know what works for you!"

He did offer to try to find stainless screws.

I requested that they send me new black risers and stainless screws, and that I would send the defective one's back after I swap them out. Otherwise, I'm left driving around in a car with no wing waiting for however long for new parts to replace the defective ones. Their suggestions fall somewhere between an insult and a bad joke. I guess that Boomba simply is unable to take responsibility for its manufacturing defects and just wants the cheap and easy way out, "customers be damned." Somehow, the thought of a free beanie or t-shirt just doesn't cut it.

I suggested that he (1) watch the movie "The Jerk," 7 (2) talk with their attorney as selling defective merchandise and then stiffing customers is really bad for business.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I have the early black risers (look like hell) and rusting screws and emailed Boomba to try to resolve this off the board. However, their response really surprised me as being very much slanted against those of us who were early adopters. A gentleman named Mike emailed me the following:

"We are really sorry to hear about the risers fading. There were a very small amount that were improperly anodized by the person who does our anodizing, they failed to put sealant enough sealant on them. For anyone that has purchased faded risers, we are offering the following options:

1-You can send the risers back to us and we will have them re-anodized for you. There is no guarantee on how long this may take as it varies on when things are coming and going to anodizing.
OR
2-We can offer you a discount on your next Boomba purchase.
OR
3-We can send you a Boomba T-shirt in your choice of size or a Boomba beanie.

As a DIY alternative, we have heard of people plastidipping the risers or spray painting them in whatever color they want.
We want to make this right. Let us know what works for you!"

He did offer to try to find stainless screws.

I requested that they send me new black risers and stainless screws, and that I would send the defective one's back after I swap them out. Otherwise, I'm left driving around in a car with no wing waiting for however long for new parts to replace the defective ones. Their suggestions fall somewhere between an insult and a bad joke. I guess that Boomba simply is unable to take responsibility for its manufacturing defects and just wants the cheap and easy way out, "customers be damned." Somehow, the thought of a free beanie or t-shirt just doesn't cut it.

I suggested that he (1) watch the movie "The Jerk," 7 (2) talk with their attorney as selling defective merchandise and then stiffing customers is really bad for business.
This is the same response I received as well. I only halfway expected them to send me a new set in exchange, so I wasn't disappointed when they didn't offer. So, I just went about living my life.

I have been wanting these for awhile but honestly after reading through all this I'm not sure. Seems like the fading issue issue has been resolved but the rusting hardware seems be be something that's not yet fixed.

Well, my year and a half old grandson is visiting so if I get a beanie, he could be a ...

Seriously, although this is not worth throwing a rod over, it really is piss poor customer service and a really bad reflection on Boomba's willingness to remedy their own failures. I have one of their OCC's as well, so they're blowing off a repeat customer as well. No wonder they didn't want to answer the questions about how they proposed to remedy the defects in their wing risers. So for all the marketing speak such as

-during the design process, all parts go through the variety of stress tests and simulations performed by sophisticated engineering analysis programs. All of these procedures drastically shorten our design to market time and let us know if the part will perform as expected-

if the part fails, tough luck & you're on your own.

Sad to see an American company behave in a way that gives such short shrift to loyal American customers.