Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

StopTech slotted rotors

StopTech slotted rotors came in the mail. Also got steel braided brake lines. Gonna give my brakes a mild upgrade for those track days. I've notices that the OEM pads glaze over after repeated abuse around the track. Let's see if these slotted rotors will help prevent that.

The stoptech rotors are same size as the oem rotors. I'll be sticking with the oem calipers and pads.

Will also be flushing the brake system with stoptech 660 brake fluid.

Hel steel braided brake lines.

We shall see soon how the upgraded brake system performs at the next track day.

[wrenchin]

image.jpg

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I have the same set up wwith the cryo treated rotor and they hold up very well. Only thing I wore out so far was a set of rear pads that were a week old at a track day at Road America. But I think it was my fault for having a street type pad at a real track so I upgraded to the hawk track pads and they work great with min noise or added dust. and by added I mean no worse than stock pads for dust.

Attachments

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yup only thing we can figure was even with ESC off Torque Vectoring on the big trackused them up but there is still some if ands or buts about that whole idea too.. they were down to a razor thin pad left and I am still running the same fronts today.. Weird I know. I am not saying it will happen to you but keep an Eye on all pads while you track and after and bring spares ;)

razorlab

1000 Post Club
As an FYI, centric rotors with the same part numbers are the exact same thing and usually a little cheaper.

(centric owns stoptech)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
As an FYI, centric rotors with the same part numbers are the exact same thing and usually a little cheaper.

(centric owns stoptech)
This is True if only they would send along those Hi HP stickers it would have been a slam dunk .. LOL kidding on the stickers .. Good PSA tip though

OP
G
Thread Starter #7
For those that did not already know, if you're replacing rear pads, in order to get the rear caliper piston back in, you must turn the piston clockwise while putting pressure on the piston. I used some channel locks to turn and my strong fingers to press.

I installed the slotted rotors, steel braided lines, stop tech 660 brake fluid and minted m1144 pads. The rear caliper was the only pain getting the piston back in. The fronts you can just press in with your hands.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I use Stop Tech rotors as well.
About 13 inches of them.

Don't worry about the drilled style as I will wear them out and replace before they crack.
Also the price was right.

BTW, this BBK setup is available from Lapp Racing.

Dave

razorlab

1000 Post Club
That's different than the adapter package for the 11.8" rotors they sell?

Those are 13"? really?

If so, you have peaked my interest. Bigger rotors than my current Wilwood kit.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I did say "about" so don't crucify me.
They are closer to 12.75 inches.

It took us a long time to find and setup an "off the shelf" rotor.
However the rotors must be re-drilled.
The kit will be sold with or without rotors for those that wish to do the work themselves.
The kit will add 5lbs per side but at about half the cost of Wilwood's set.
Not a bad tradeoff for a daily driver.

An 11 inch rear kit is in development now.

Dave

OP
G
Thread Starter #11
Going to snetterton tomorrow for the first track day since all the goodies have been installed!

Stoptech slotted rotors all around,
Hel braided brake lines all around,
Stoptech 660 brake fluid,
Mintex m1144 brake pads all around,
and Quaife ATB diff.

Also I have this new GoPro to record the carnage [twothumb]

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
G
Thread Starter #15
I think Gtkat929 is oversea armed forces member so its a US spec car LOL, which is awesome
It's true!

And the new brake set up is amazing. I used to be able to do only like 4-6 hot laps and now with the new set up, I can go all day...or until I run out of fuel.

OP
G
Thread Starter #17
Here is some footage of the track day.

[video=youtube;tDoZz2f79jE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDoZz2f79jE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Young L

You planning on makin any trips to the Ring this year? Im kinda in the air about doin this same upgrade, I did a 5 laps at Hockenhiem in Oct and the stock brakes seemed to hold up well. It was heavy traffic tho so I really wasnt able to really work the car well.

any fade with the new setup at snetterton? i follow british superbikes so i'm semi familiar with the layout. iirc 3 heavy braking zones?

OP
G
Thread Starter #20
You planning on makin any trips to the Ring this year? Im kinda in the air about doin this same upgrade, I did a 5 laps at Hockenhiem in Oct and the stock brakes seemed to hold up well. It was heavy traffic tho so I really wasnt able to really work the car well.
I don't plan on going to the ring this year, but I do need to go sometime in the next 2 years.